Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times

Advertisements

Considering the vast majority of illegal immigrants are working very hard for meager pay why would the Republicans want to deport them? Why would anyone want to deport then as they are doing work that nobody else will do for that little, in some cases even for a lot more, money? Illegals are effectively the slave workers that underpin all agricultural and industrial economies. If we did conduct a mass deportation, who would do the work like picking crops and making Astroturf? Would you want to pick apples or tend a huge and dangerous textile mill?

Mr. Santorum does not stand a chance of getting nominated and less of a chance of being elected and he knows this. His pandering to the extreme of the right wing is a means of measuring their response and their value to any future Republican campaigns. If these “Tea partiers” and “White America Firsters” do not deliver enough votes in the primaries and the elections they will be safely ignored as the Republican Party returns to its patrician and big business center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 06:35 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
If we did conduct a mass deportation, who would do the work like picking crops and making Astroturf? Would you want to pick apples or tend a huge and dangerous textile mill?
I might not WANT to, but have and would again, if I needed to feed my family...

Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I, too, have done some pretty crappy jobs in my career. Some I would never do again under any circumstance.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:42 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Some I would never do again under any circumstance.
You say that now, but if you ever got hungry enough, what of the three choices will you choose? Starvation, crappy work, take from the government?

Old 02-23-2012, 06:42 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Honestly, where does Santorum get off (or anyone for that matter) saying that they have the right to break up a family just because they don't agree with them?

How would they like it if some government agency came in and broke their family up? I bet they'd be all up in arms and calling Obama a Nazi or some other hateful words of the sort.

What a bigot.
HEY!! HOW 'BOUT THIS....."WHERE DO ILLEGALS GET OFF BREAKIN' INTO OUR COUNTRY AND STEALING PEOPLES' SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS??"

Good grief!!! THEY BROKE THE LAW!!!!!

Families get broken up all the time when "key" family members break laws! Children get taken away! Persons go to prison!!

This is no different!

DOES ANYONE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY ANYMORE???

Old 02-23-2012, 06:58 AM

840 posts, read 781,386 times
Families are broken up every day when a parent is sent overseas to war or to prison this is no different. Try coming here legally and this wouldn't happen.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:03 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Families are broken up every day when a parent is sent overseas to war or to prison this is no different. Try coming here legally and this wouldn't happen.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
I'm a strong opponent of illegal immigration and believe illegal aliens must be deported. But, to break up a nuclear family is a crime against humanity if you ask me.
There is absolutely no reason to break up the family, deport the whole family together or allow illegal parents to take their children back with them.

Now if illegals have US born children that prefer the big easy money of the USA over their loved ones, that's different, they make the choice to take the dollars over parents. But that's no reason not to deport.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Honestly, I see the point also, as Icy Tea said. If you're opposed to illegal immigration, and you start making exceptions, then it becomes more and more complicated. I don't know what the answers are. Funny thing is, people think it's just people coming from Mexico. I just met a British guy who came over and stayed in the U.S....started a business, an eventually went back to London to get his green card using his business as the reason. Our immigration policies are very confusing and should be straightened out.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
Families are also broken up every day when illegals come over the border, leaving their loved ones behind.

For some reason the open borders crowd that wants unlimited ultra cheap labor doesn't wring it's hands over the millions of childdren abandoned by their parents when they head north.

Family reunification can take place in the other country, there is no good reason that once an illegal gets over the border that the whole family has to be brought in and kept here in this country, they can all be together back home.

Most illegals have relatives back in their homeland and it's also keeping families together when they are deported, often after being deported, they go back to those families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration