U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 12:27 AM

11,536 posts, read 8,487,662 times

Advertisements

He's gone from appealing to religious zealots to appealing to xenophobes, well one would say that both groups overlap.

Santorum tells tea party group he'd be willing to break up illegal immigrant families - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 02-23-2012 at 01:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 01:17 AM

4,375 posts, read 2,655,409 times
Honestly, where does Santorum get off (or anyone for that matter) saying that they have the right to break up a family just because they don't agree with them?

How would they like it if some government agency came in and broke their family up? I bet they'd be all up in arms and calling Obama a Nazi or some other hateful words of the sort.

What a bigot.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:20 AM

563 posts, read 657,566 times
I'm a strong opponent of illegal immigration and believe illegal aliens must be deported. But, to break up a nuclear family is a crime against humanity if you ask me.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:24 AM

4,375 posts, read 2,655,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
I'm a strong opponent of illegal immigration and believe illegal aliens must be deported. But, to break up a nuclear family is a crime against humanity if you ask me.
We may not see eye to eye on the illegal immigration thing (I couldn't careless to be honest), but kudos for that statement.

That's just inhumane to break up a family because they're in a country illegally.

There are somethings that I feel should never be touched unless overbearing actions necessitate it (abuse, negligence, etc). Breaking up a family is something that NO political candidate should tout just to garner support. It's sickening.

What's funny is that through personal tragedies, I've separated myself from my own family and here I am defending the notion of the almost sanctity of it. Irony, in it's purest form. Haha.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:26 AM

12,913 posts, read 10,254,348 times
Maybe soon the Christian right will even warm up to the idea of abortion after all - for illegals.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:32 AM

11,536 posts, read 8,487,662 times
Default Sanitorium is a piece of garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Quote:
"I was blessed to have a mother and a father, I had two parents together who loved me. Unfortunately in America we see the family break down. What we can do as the federal government is to promote the family.. to make sure fathers and mothers are there to take care of their families and be there for their children" -- Rick Sanitorium"

Rick Santorum on Family Values - YouTube

Old 02-23-2012, 01:34 AM

10,725 posts, read 11,448,971 times
Santorum looks like he's usurping Newt's glory with not just the evangelical nutcases, but the cross burning, KKK racist voters as well. A Santorum sweep in the south may be likely.

Last edited by TempesT68; 02-23-2012 at 01:44 AM..

Old 02-23-2012, 01:42 AM

780 posts, read 441,813 times
Santorum is the epitome of "hypocrite". If hell exists, he will be getting a deep tan.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:15 AM

18,184 posts, read 16,527,199 times
I can see it both ways. If illegals come into the country and have a child, I have no problem with them being deported. Take it on a case by case basis. How long they've been here, have they been self supporting, have they broken any laws( including identity fraud with social security numbers or identification), etc. But I would be willing to let the child stay here if they wished. The child is an american citizen. Or they could take the child back with them and let the child have automatic re entry and US citizenship when they are of an age to return. Probably they'd take the child back with them but they'd have the decision to break up their family or not.
Breaking up a family.... isn't that what happens when a parent or parents are sent to prison for committing crimes?

Old 02-23-2012, 07:27 AM

5,763 posts, read 4,220,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Santorum looks like he's usurping Newt's glory with not just the evangelical nutcases, but the cross burning, KKK racist voters as well. A Santorum sweep in the south may be likely.

Maybe he's signaling that his next move will be to suggest that divorce be banned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or