U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 12:47 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney called the controversial Arizona illegal immigration law a model for the country, and blasted the Obama administration for challenging it in court.

"I will drop those lawsuits on Day One," Romney said in response to a question on illegal immigration during a GOP candidate debate in Mesa, Ariz. Gov. Jan Brewer, who signed the bill, was in the audience.

"I'll also complete the fence, I'll make sure we have enough Border Patrol agents to secure the fence, and I will make sure we have an E-Verify system and require employers to check the documents of workers," he added.

Romney calls Arizona immigration law a model for the nation - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 04:45 PM

14,453 posts, read 7,485,213 times
Boy I'll believe that when I see it. Got to give him credit for havin the nads to even say such things.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Boy I'll believe that when I see it. Got to give him credit for havin the nads to even say such things.
You're right. I don't trust any of the Republicans anymore than I do the Democrats on this issue when push comes to shove. Talk is cheap. Put up or shut up. At least Romney is telling me what I want to hear. Hope he doesn't disappoint if he becomes our next president.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:14 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,387,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're right. I don't trust any of the Republicans anymore than I do the Democrats on this issue when push comes to shove. Talk is cheap. Put up or shut up. At least Romney is telling me what I want to hear. Hope he doesn't disappoint if he becomes our next president.

I agree with everything you said Chicagonut. But even if he would drop the lawsuits and let states enforce the law it would help. If all the illegals congregated in the sanctuary cities it would break the bank and something would have to change.

If you look at the cities with the highest debt, it's the ones that harbor illegals. It would make it darn hard to make the case that they aren't costing us dearly.

I really fear that with 4 more years of Obama they will all be amnestied through the back door. Then, of course, they would be allowed to sponser there families that they are so afraid to go home to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or