U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:58 AM

4,428 posts, read 5,491,844 times

Advertisements

So I see tons of post on the stopping illegal immigration that deal with what we can do inside U.S.A. And to be honest with you I believe trying to stop it on our side of the fence I going to be almost impossible. This is because people are crossing over the American boarder (mostly from Mexico) anyway they can because they are in search of a better life.
I think a better Idea for stopping Illegal immigration is to put pressure on these Immigrants home government(s ) to better take care of there own people. Heck the whole social, political, and economic structure of the Mexican & the Latin American countries need to be change so there people will stop fleeing to U.S.
Now with that said. I'm really am not sure how we could we force/coerce Mexico and/or other Latino countries to actually start that type of change.

So I turn you you. What can we realistically do to change the environment in Mexico/Latin America. So that their people stop fleeing to the U.S. and actually would choose to live in their home country.

Also Please I don't just want emotional responses like "Let's boycott everything from Mexico!" or "Let's Nuke Mexico City!" I want a realistic response and a plan on how to implement change.

Thank you
Baystater
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2007, 08:05 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Put someone in office that actually wants it to stop!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:20 AM

537 posts, read 312,010 times
Stop worrying about the Mexican government and start worrying about our own government and only elect people that say and mean that they will stop illegals no matter what it takes. Who gives a **** what another country does., I care about the fact that our own government has gone out of its way to allow third world countries to invade this country and that has happened ever since 1965. All politicians during and after that are to blame with what has happened to this country. I am sure that Ike is rolling over in his grave.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,474,879 times
there is a great article I came across recently regarding the economic structure of Mexico and how it promotes the flight of it's citizens. One of the most shocking things was there is no available credit for the vast majority of people for homes or farms or businesses, etc. There are basically only a handful of banks that control the entire economy. It was an eye opener because there is no opportunity for the lower classes there according to this article. I will see if I can find it and post it here.

By the way for that ignorant remark about who cares what happens in other countries well Mexico is our neighbor and if we don't help them reform it does become our problem.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:41 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
In order to help Mexico reform, they have to want to. So far I am not seeing that....so we need to protect ourselves, with a government that wants it to stop.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
We can't put pressure on the Mexican government unless we are willing to seal off our border with our military and start mass deportations. The sad fact is, every US president for the for the last generation has let the corrupt government of Mexico dictate our immigration policy.

Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 PM

537 posts, read 312,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
By the way for that ignorant remark about who cares what happens in other countries well Mexico is our neighbor and if we don't help them reform it does become our problem.
Mexico only wants to take from us and doesn't and never had any intention of helping the poor Mestizos that keep coming here illegally. It is not our problem about Mexico or Canada or any other damn country and it is none of their business what we do or don't do. This globalist crap and the PC idiots that follow it are what is causing some of our problems in this country.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
...Maybe we could try just EMBARRASSING them....you know, sort of a "SHAME" campaign.....maybe something along the lines of "REAL men take CARE of their poor"......or "CAUSING YOUR POOR TO HAVE TO EMIGRATE is like SENDING YOUR SISTER to work in a BROTHEL".....hmmmmm...I don't know....maybe it wouldn't work...maybe our media wouldn't even run such ads....

Old 09-08-2007, 02:26 AM

384 posts, read 850,344 times
Enforcing our laws against illegals and securing our border will put pressure on the Mexican government.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:52 AM

4,428 posts, read 5,491,844 times
Default I Want Solutions Not Rhetoric!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiled Prophet View Post
Mexico only wants to take from us and doesn't and never had any intention of helping the poor Mestizos that keep coming here illegally. It is not our problem about Mexico or Canada or any other damn country and it is none of their business what we do or don't do. This globalist crap and the PC idiots that follow it are what is causing some of our problems in this country.

Number 1. you have offered no plan whatsoever. If you just going to blurt out more emotional crap please don't bother posting to this thread. I WANT SOLUTIONS NOT RHETORIC!

Number 2. Globalization has already happened. So stop complaining about it. And try to make the best of it. We can still do great thing in this country, we just have to be more of innovators and less of consumers.

Number 3. Mexico's business is our business. This is because of the huge tide of Illegal immigration and all the problems that it bring to our country. This is why I posted this tread originally. I not trying to save illegals or something like that. I looking to save America from the problems of this illegal immigrant issue. And remember the Monroe Doctrine is still stands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or