U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,015,365 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
...All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times...
Hmmm, snopes says different...


 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:19 PM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,470,564 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Anyone bloviating about their ethnic group increasing in numbers through violating another nation's borders and therefore committing genocide against the dominant population IMO IS the racist.
The article was written by Michael Sherer, doesn't sound Hispanic at all. I also didn't realize Hispanic was a race. This article is a nightmare to the anti immigrant crowd

 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:30 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The article was written by Michael Sherer, doesn't sound Hispanic at all. I also didn't realize Hispanic was a race. This article is a nightmare to the anti immigrant crowd

Not all Hispanics have Spanish last names. Mitt Romney doesn't.
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:30 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The article was written by Michael Sherer, doesn't sound Hispanic at all. I also didn't realize Hispanic was a race. This article is a nightmare to the anti immigrant crowd

It doesn't matter. Many Hispanics are bragging about the same thing. I never said that Hispanic was a race. What I said is that anyone who bloviates about their ethnic group increasing via illegal immigration is IMO a racist. Stop, with the anti-"immigrant" crowd nonsense. Your insults and spin on this issue is getting old. You can join Miss Y on my ignore list. Bye.
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:31 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,424,072 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Hmmm, snopes says different...
Simply saying that snopes says different does not mean that snopes is a more reliable source than any of those that I provided. I guarantee you that broken down state by state I can find hundreds of articles from various sources and a multitude of states that verify that illegals are bankrupting this country.


Here's a small sample. See how easy it:


Quote:
Dateline: December, 2004
In hosting America's largest population of illegal immigrants, California bears a huge cost to provide basic human services for this fast growing, low-income segment of its population. A new study from the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) examines the costs of education, health care and incarceration of illegal aliens, and concludes that the costs to Californians is $10.5 billion per year.
Illegal Immigration Costs California $10.5 Billion Annually

Quote:
Arizona's Gateway For Illegal Immigrants
Quote:

States usually bear the brunt of the burden. Arizona state treasurer Dean Martin says his state loses between $1.3 billion and $2.5 billion each year on illegal immigrants. In addition to the fiscal costs of incarcerating and educating illegal immigrants and their families, Arizona also faces a variety of other indirect costs, says Martin, who favors Arizona's controversial new immigration law.
Illegal Immigrants Cost U.S. $100 Billion per Year, Conservative Group Says About Illegal Immigration - ABC News



[quote]Illinois Spends $55 Mil To Insure Illegal Immigrants

A universal children’s health insurance program created by Illinois’ corrupt former governor is covering mostly illegal immigrants and costing taxpayers tens of millions of dollars amid a perplexing $13 billion state budget deficit.
About 75% of the children enrolled in the All Kids Health Care program (also known as KidCare) are illegal aliens and the annual cost of covering them is nearly $55 million, according to a state audit of the 5-year-old insurance program. The findings, issued recently by the Illinois State Auditor General, are detailed in a 14-page report that’s been largely ignored by the mainstream media.
It reveals that two-thirds of the 71,665 children enrolled in the program in 2009 are undocumented immigrants. Illinois taxpayers dished out an astounding $54.9 million to provide them with medical insurance that year alone and there’s no telling what future tabs will be as the enrollees grow.[/quote]

Illinois Spends $55 Mil To Insure Illegal Immigrants | Judicial Watch

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 02-25-2012 at 05:46 PM..
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:39 PM
 
11,536 posts, read 8,470,564 times
Reputation: 3580
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It doesn't matter.
So what you write in posts doesn't matter????

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Your insults and spin on this issue is getting old. * You can join Miss Y on my ignore list. * Bye.
Pointing out your contradictions is an insult? Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I never said that Hispanic was a race.
So why would you say promoting Hispanics = racist???
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:49 PM
 
187 posts, read 151,882 times
Reputation: 105
READ THE FACTS:
1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens..
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. Are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.. (There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County .) (All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times) Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States ‘ annual population growth(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens .


Among your so-called "facts", the one that catches my attention is that more than half of "angelinos" do not speak spanish, my advice: learn spanish now, if you want a job in the future.....

Last edited by miss yauco; 02-25-2012 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: typo
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:56 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
READ THE FACTS:
1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens..
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. Are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.. (There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County .) (All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times) Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States annual population growth(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens .


Among your so-called "facts", the one that catches my attention is that more than half of "angelinos" do not speak spanish, my advice: learn spanish now, if you want a job in the future.....
Try again. This is the US. IF people come here they need to learn English or STAY in the barrios.

Speak Spanish in China, India, Germany, Japan and so on and people will shake their heads. Speak English in those countries and someone will understand what you're trying to say. It makes MORE sense for Hispanics IN LatAm to learn English than anglos In the US to learn Spanish.
 
Old 02-25-2012, 05:56 PM
 
1,580 posts, read 1,424,072 times
Reputation: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
READ THE FACTS:
1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens..
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. Are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.. (There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County .) (All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times) Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States ‘ annual population growth(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens .


Among your so-called "facts", the one that catches my attention is that more than half of "angelinos" do not speak spanish, my advice: learn spanish now, if you want a job in the future.....

Since my child's best friend is American of mexican descent, I do speak a few words of spanish. Since I have no intentions of ever visiting a spanish speaking country why would I waste my time? French is beautiful and by far my foreign language of choice.

After having spanish crammed down my throat everytime I make a phone call, I'd rather die and go to hell than waste time learning spanish, the sound of it is not only annoying as hell it's blood curdling.
 
Old 02-25-2012, 06:02 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Try again. This is the US. IF people come here they need to learn English or STAY in the barrios.

Speak Spanish in China, India, Germany, Japan and so on and people will shake their heads. Speak English in those countries and someone will understand what you're trying to say. It makes MORE sense for Hispanics IN LatAm to learn English than anglos In the US to learn Spanish.
What arrogance, right? Learn Spanish? How would they like it if millions of anglo's moved to Mexico illegally and demanded Mexicans learn English in order to get a job in their own country? Since when should the majority citizens of any country have to learn the language of minorities in their country illegally? I swear I think I have just entered the twilight zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top