U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 06:17 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Try again. This is the US. IF people come here they need to learn English or STAY in the barrios.

Speak Spanish in China, India, Germany, Japan and so on and people will shake their heads. Speak English in those countries and someone will understand what you're trying to say. It makes MORE sense for Hispanics IN LatAm to learn English than anglos In the US to learn Spanish.
Exactly. Taking it a step further, hypothetically let's say by sheer numbers hispanics become the majority in this country. Let's get even more ridiculous and say that they take over America. What are they going to do, wave a magic wand, find some common sense, start using birth control, paying taxes and learn the definition of personal responsibility?

Old 02-25-2012, 06:37 PM

11,536 posts, read 8,462,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
After having spanish crammed down my throat everytime I make a phone call, I'd rather die and go to hell than waste time learning spanish, the sound of it is not only annoying as hell it's blood curdling.
I thought the only issue you had was the legal status, but now you are saying it's the language also.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I thought the only issue you had was the legal status, but now you are saying it's the language also.
The reality of the situation is that prior to the invasion of this country and the corporate masters cramming illegal aliens and spanish down my throat and into my wallet, it didn't bother me. After several decades of dealing with it, all things associated with illegal immigration has become a source of contention for me. Do you think that all of a sudden we were forced to listen to everything in spanish because Americans demanded and voted for it?

That being said, there's a whole list of things I have issues with that you know nothing about.

If you'd like, I can send you a list and you can play armchair psychologist.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:17 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Well; since Spanish IS now associated with an undesirable group of people, ILLEGAL aliens, more and more NON Spanish speakers DON'T care to hear it. It is what it is.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Well; since Spanish IS now associated with an undesirable group of people, ILLEGAL aliens, more and more NON Spanish speakers DON'T care to hear it. It is what it is.
Agreed. This is America, and the pandering to illegals is not only pathetic but down right annoying.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:08 PM

187 posts, read 151,709 times
Quote:
Try again. This is the US. IF people come here they need to learn English or STAY in the barrios.

Speak Spanish in China, India, Germany, Japan and so on and people will shake their heads. Speak English in those countries and someone will understand what you're trying to say. It makes MORE sense for Hispanics IN LatAm to learn English than anglos In the US to learn Spanish.
Uhmmm... I'm well traveled, and have experienced that english (by americans) is not welcomed in Europe , I recall countless episodes in places like France, Germany, Belgium, even the UK where people look and talk down to you if they know you are american, fortunately I speak Spanish which is widely welcome in Europe....

Old 02-25-2012, 11:11 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
Uhmmm... I'm well traveled, and have experienced that english (by americans) is not welcomed in Europe , I recall countless episodes in places like France, Germany, Belgium, even the UK where people look and talk down to you if they know you are american, fortunately I speak Spanish which is widely welcome in Europe....

I won't doubt you, nor agree with you. I too have traveled the world, when i was younger and my children were more grown up.

I have been to Britian, no problem with english there, they welcome me, as they did in Germany, infact i know many Americans who live and work in Germany, also they are in the service.
Italy was the same, so many Italian spoke pretty good English.
They also spoke english in Malasia, Thialand. Indonsia, and Hong Kong and i had no problem being understood nor my husband.

Even in Sweden, they spoke english, and were surprise by how many did speak english, with that accent by english no doubt.
We were welcome no matter where we went, and infact i feel, were liked because we were American, i have a hard time believing, that things have changed so drastically.
And to be frank with you quite frank, no one in any of these Countries ever talked down to us.
I differ with you because no matter where we went, we were liked and accepted because we were Americans who spoke english, and so did so many people in each of the Countries we visited. The language most spoke around the world is English. And still taught around the world in most schools.

By the way, what does being well traveled, have to do with the outcome of the Presidential Nomination.

By the way this is America, and i will speak spanish only if i choose to, not because we are being invaded?

Last edited by california-jewel; 02-25-2012 at 11:24 PM..

Old 02-25-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
By the way this is America, and i will speak spanish only if i choose to, not because we are being invaded?
Educated people know that America has multiple meanings, one being the continents of North and South America, which comprise of mainly Spanish speaking nations.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
Quote:
Educated people know that America has multiple meanings, one being the continents of North and South America, which comprise of mainly Spanish speaking nations.
That is a no brainer, which most of us already know, don't need geography lessons.

That is not the point. She was trying to say if you spoke English, people wanted nothing to do with you, which i never found that the case to be.

Had a great time in Europe, and were not put off by anyone becauase we spoke English, and that is the truth.

In most Countries no matter what the native language is, people speak English and you know it~

Old 02-25-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That is a no brainer, which most of us already know, don't need geography lessons.

That is not the point. She was trying to say if you spoke English, people wanted nothing to do with you, which i never found that the case to be.

Had a great time in Europe, and were not put off by anyone becauase we spoke English, and that is the truth.

In most Countries no matter what the native language is, people speak English and you know it~
Many Europeans are eager and willing to learn a 2nd or 3rd language, unlike many Americans. To be fair some Americans, the non ignorant ones, do want to learn 2 or 3 language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or