Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 12:05 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Many Europeans are eager and willing to learn a 2nd or 3rd language, unlike many Americans. To be fair some Americans, the non ignorant ones, do want to learn 2 or 3 language.
In Europe its a little more common merely because within an hours travel in any direction you are in a different region (Belgium has 3 different languages and cultures and 3 different parliaments all under 1 King) or country with a different language and culture. In the USA, all 50 states have the same language with very little cultural change.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:16 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
In Europe its a little more common merely because within an hours travel in any direction you are in a different region (Belgium has 3 different languages and cultures and 3 different parliaments all under 1 King) or country with a different language and culture. In the USA, all 50 states have the same language with very little cultural change.
You have obviously never been to NYC. Walk in Manhattan and you will here 3 languages within 10 minutes. The horror, the horror!!!

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 02-26-2012 at 01:05 AM..

Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 AM

187 posts, read 181,794 times
[quote=Liquid Reigns;23145037]In Europe its a little more common merely because within an hours travel in any direction you are in a different region (Belgium has 3 different languages and cultures and 3 different parliaments all under 1 King) or country with a different language and culture. In the USA, all 50 states have the same language with very little cultural change

I think you need to visit any major american city, I'll give you an example; LA, there you have large parts of the city strictly Korean, other large area strictly Mexican, another strictly african american, chinese area, etc the same goes for SF, SD, Sacramento, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, etc., etc., etc....... the only monocultural area that I can think of in usa is appalachia, and no one wants to go there for sh..

Old 02-26-2012, 01:18 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
[miss yauco;23140519]You hit the nail right on the head, and that is precisely the issue in hand. Puerto ricans and cubans already vote in higher proportion than the general population, however they are a small part of the spanish population in the usa,
So looking at the "general (hispanic) population", Puerto Ricans and Cubans are the minority and they are a very small part of the spanish population, which I agree with. (Combined population they number around 6 million in 2010).

That would leave Mexicans (and South Americans who pass themselves off as Mexicans), the majority of the spanish population, of which many are illegals. Puerto Ricans don't enter the US illegally. Since 1917 they were given Ameican citizenship.

Quote:
the rest of the hispanic groups become more comfortable and educated, their participation will increase exponentially, and as we know hispanics are by far the fastest growing ethnic group in the usa, in 2012 there will be over 25 million hispanics with the right to vote, remember, presidential elections are always won by a few million votes at the most, do your math.... as Confucius said "money talks and BS walks".....
The "rest of the Spanish groups" would actually be "group" - probably 95% Mexican, of which a very large portion are illegals. And that large portion sure do get comfortable, especially when they know that they can break laws and get financial assistance from the taxpayers. Rapid population increase would be a result of all the anchor babies that illegals have.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:30 AM

Hispanics make up approximately 8% - 9% of the voters in the US, more in swing states like Florida. In a close election that would make a difference.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
READ THE FACTS:
1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens..
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. Are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.. (There are 10.2 million people in L. A. County .) (All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times) Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States ‘ annual population growth(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens .

Among your so-called "facts", the one that catches my attention is that more than half of "angelinos" do not speak spanish, my advice: learn spanish now, if you want a job in the future.....
Here you are fighting for Hispanics, yet you post statistics on illegals that most would see as unfavorable. You must be really proud of those stats. If you state that is what every state can expect, you could be right based on the number of illegals in the US and the future of the anchor babies. And the only thing you got out of it is that "angelinos" don't speak Spanish? You really believe that English-speaking American citizens will have to learn to speak Spanish because one day there will be so many Hispanics who can't speak English taking over businesses and corporations??

Should I be more worried about learning to speak Spanglish or illegal immigrants and criminals overthrowing the white race??

Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Hispanics make up approximately 8% - 9% of the voters in the US, more in swing states like Florida. In a close election that would make a difference.
That would be true in the case of in-State voting. But, for a Presidental election, depending on the state, the electoral vote can override the popular vote. If you remember Al Gore had the number vote, Bush had the electoral vote and we all know that turned out!

Old 02-26-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That would be true in the case of in-State voting. But, for a Presidental election, depending on the state, the electoral vote can override the popular vote. If you remember Al Gore had the number vote, Bush had the electoral vote and we all know that turned out!
Hispanics in swing states like Florida could impact the electoral votes.

Bush beat Gore in Florida by 550 votes, less than 0.1%. Gore would have been President if he won Florida.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:44 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Many Europeans are eager and willing to learn a 2nd or 3rd language, unlike many Americans. To be fair some Americans, the non ignorant ones, do want to learn 2 or 3 language.
I speak 2 languages and can get my point across in two others. None of which is spanish. I have no need nor desire to learn spanish.
Most European countries are about the size of one of our states. They tend to travel in Europe the way we travel state to state.
Please don't attempt to lecture us about how ignorant us dumb hicks are here. Travel to asia and watch ignorance in action. Watch how Europeans talk to and treat the native people. The worst that I have observed are the French but the Germans are not far behind. I have two nieces in the hotel industry in Thailand. They have more problems with Europeans, especially Eastern Europeans than Americans.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
You have obviously never been to NYC. Walk in Manhattan and you will here 3 languages within 10 minutes. The horror, the horror!!!
I live 3 hours from NYC and go there pretty often. (My wife likes to go shopping there) Yes you will hear different languages and yet most of those speaking the language can either speak english as well or are tourists. NYC is a hot spot for tourists. I would hazard a guess that while Disney Land you will here a number of languages for the same reason. Whats your point?????
Go to london same thing. Now go to small towns and count how many languages you hear. Most likely 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration