U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 03:36 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,144,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
this is my example of a republican on the plantation.

he actually believes the GOP wouldnt push for amnesty.
The problem with your theory is that here won't be a signficant enough margin in either chamber to offset the "Nay" votes from tea party and other staunch conservatives.

I know...it flies in the face of your theorizing...but it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 05:36 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Even if he does have another 5 years, the GOP-controlled Senate and House will ensure that Obama does not crater to supporters of illegal-immigration (ie. Liberals).
The Reps are no better on this issue. They love illegals. Illegals are cheap, docile labor to them. They get to flood American communities with foreign nationals, force the costs on the average citizen and then retreat into private schools and gated communities leaving others to clean up the mess illegals make. It has the added gloss of making the GOP look open minded.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:46 PM

2,243 posts, read 3,447,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The Reps are no better on this issue.
Quite true, but with Obama terming out if he's elected again, he'll be more so tempted to sign a bill legalizing illegals as a matter of legacy.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,383,008 times
I would think that at the very least the Republicans would back off the state lawsuits and give states more say. Obama has been so blatant with his pandering that I can't see how they could not turn that around.

But I agree that neither side has done enough. The republicans would probably be more likely to use the military. Unless we're in another war by that time. I know the military personel are exausted at this point with the continual deployments. I pray we bring our soldiers home soon, especially with all the cuts.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obama: 'I've Got Another Five Years Coming Up' - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/obama-ive-got-another-five-years-coming-193114795--abc-news.html - broken link)

Well, there you have it.
That clown doesn't deserve 5 more minutes let alone 5 more years.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
if illegal immigration is a major issue to you, you wont be satisfied with any of the candidates.
With Obama the disatisfaction is far greater, time for a REAL change. Obama had his turn and blew it, next....

Old 02-26-2012, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Gingrich has made an amnesty proposal --- if they will only disrepect the laws of this country AND manage to break the laws for 20 years, they will be handed a very nice gift of citizenship -- just in time for them to start demanding their plush social security checks even if they never paid in a dime. They can claim to have stolen a social security check and expect a very pleasant retirement in this country paid for by the US taxpayers.
Gingrich's proposal is an epic fail, after proposing to help illegals that were here for 20 years he was questioned about those that were here 5 years.

Gingrich is to STUPID to trealize that illegals are never satisfied and will still ignore the laws.

Gingrich is totally clueless, for a man that is constantly invoking Reagan and trying to ride on a dead man's coat tails Gingrich the self proclaimed "history expert" has forgotten what an epic mistake Reagan's Amnesty was.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:30 PM

3,800 posts, read 3,429,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The Dems and Reps are no better on this issue. They love illegals. Illegals are cheap, docile labor to them. They get to flood American communities with foreign nationals, force the costs on the average citizen and then retreat into private schools and gated communities leaving others to clean up the mess illegals make. It has the added gloss of making the Democrats and the GOP look open minded.
Bold and itailized are mine.

Now that is a true statement. Neither party really wants to push this, in this election.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:02 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,549,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
This is all about unlimited and very massive immigration from certain Spanish speaking nations.
Would one of those countries have a land border with the US which the majority of Spanish speaking people enter the US illegally, and is a route for other illegals in neighboring Spanish nations to take to enter the US illegally?

Would those countries be the ones that:

have the market on drugs into the US?
don't want their criminals back in their country?
don't want the scurge that has become a burden to the taxpayers who infiltrated America illegally?

Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,549,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Obama: 'I've Got Another Five Years Coming Up' - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/obama-ive-got-another-five-years-coming-193114795--abc-news.html - broken link)

Well, there you have it.
Yup. He will have 5 more years to complete his mission. Screw America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration