Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:44 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times

Advertisements

Criminal illegal alien, with a driver's license, in possession of guns, and working illegally:

Quote:
...The father "was irate," the affidavit said. "Maher told his son that they would have to leave again and threatened to kill the person who tipped the police off about his identity.

The Feds found four illegal firearms in the home where he was apprehended. Several other people were at the home, and were soon identified as family members, Nixon said.

He was charged with being an illegal alien in possession of firearms and was turned over to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, where he is being held without bond...
Of course his employer, and those U.S. citizen family members that sheltered him, should be prosecuted...

I thought Missouri was supposed to have strict illegal alien laws?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 11:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Wow, hiding in Ozark no less. Didn't look like he was enjoying the spoils of his theft. I have to wonder if the OP even watched the linked video. It does not even appear as though his son knew about his father's past. That hardly fits the description of "sheltering" a fugitive. I feel sorry for his son finding out this way. No doubt he'll be extradited to England to stand trial.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:04 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Wow, hiding in Ozark no less. Didn't look like he was enjoying the spoils of his theft. I have to wonder if the OP even watched the linked video. It does not even appear as though his son knew about his father's past. That hardly fits the description of "sheltering" a fugitive. I feel sorry for his son finding out this way. No doubt he'll be extradited to England to stand trial.
I watched the video twice, in fact...

He was arrested for are being an illegal alien here, and the article reveals it is completely unknown if he could still be charged for his crime in Great Britain...

YOu did read that, right?...

His son had to know his own father was an illegal alien, and his excuses of his father's criminal behavior are revealing...

Old 02-11-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

He was arrested for are being an illegal alien here, and the article reveals it is completely unknown if he could still be charged for his crime in Great Britain...

His son had to know his own father was an illegal alien, and his excuses of his father's criminal behavior are revealing...
Why do you state the son had to know? He changed his identity before coming to the US and lived a double life. You presume an awful lot. That kid just found out his entire life has been a lie because his father has lied about who he is to his son for the entirety of his life. What you see as excuses I see as a son in shock and total disbelief not knowing who his father is or who he is.

Old 02-11-2012, 02:13 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why do you state the son had to know? He changed his identity before coming to the US and lived a double life. You presume an awful lot. That kid just found out his entire life has been a lie because his father has lied about who he is to his son for the entirety of his life. What you see as excuses I see as a son in shock and total disbelief not knowing who his father is or who he is.
What the son did NOT know is what his father allegedly did and was a fugitive.

Do people in Ozark need to arm themselves? Why would there be firearms in the house? It seems crime runs in the family since the son said that his father was always bailing him out and the father was bailing him out of jail when he was arrested.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:35 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Criminal illegal alien, with a driver's license, in possession of guns, and working illegally:

Of course his employer, and those U.S. citizen family members that sheltered him, should be prosecuted...

give me his email, will give him my name and address, will turn him in and will tell him it was me that did it.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:38 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:

Yet we have read several stories whereby a parent here illegally did not tell their kid/kids that they are here illegally. Only in adulthood did they find that out. That is the claim by many Dreamies.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Maher: we don't want you here. You're an illegal alien, a violent criminal and your son, if he's also an alien he needs to go away too. Let England deal with you.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
What the son did NOT know is what his father allegedly did and was a fugitive.

Do people in Ozark need to arm themselves? Why would there be firearms in the house? It seems crime runs in the family since the son said that his father was always bailing him out and the father was bailing him out of jail when he was arrested.
People in Ozark are well armed, not to worry. And yes, it would seem the sins of the father have been visited upon the son.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:25 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:

Yes they should be prosecuted -- but it was his criminally minded son who actually got him caught because it was when he went to bail out his son that he was himself caught. Like father like son I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration