U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
3,843 posts, read 3,684,507 times
Reputation: 3072

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Also, if the law has been overturned or the way it was explained to me was an overstatement, I didn't know. A friend from Hazleton recently told me about it & that was the explanation of the law I heard. I do however stand by the rest of the points I made.
You already have zero credibility here. You come in all verklempt and breathlessly declare, as fact, things that were not factual, having no idea what the actual law was, making it sound like this JUST HAPPENED, by a sitting mayor when in fact is was several years ago, the mayor is out of office and the law had been declared unconstitutional. Then you follow all of this nonsense off with some PC crap that's so historically bereft of anything resembling truth that it makes my teeth hurt just to read it, and then you claim to "stand by the rest of your points??"

Are you effing kidding me??


 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:19 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,949,288 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Also, if the law has been overturned or the way it was explained to me was an overstatement, I didn't know. A friend from Hazleton recently told me about it & that was the explanation of the law I heard. I do however stand by the rest of the points I made.
So all this based on the here say of a friend? ROFLMAO
Land possessed by name the nation 3000 years ago is now up for grabs by those who may have descended from the originals? Does this include private property or just nations? Oddly enough I don't think even the left leaning UN would agree with you.
Aztecs were as far north as Alaska and as far west as Hawaii? Because we have illegals from mexico in those places too.
Here is a thought lets just say the whole world belongs to Mexico.
 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pa
144 posts, read 181,683 times
Reputation: 102
When one person is presenting their argument in an articulate manner, providing reference for their statements, giving analogies to make their points more understandable, & distinguishing the facts & opinoins from each other for less confusion, while another person vomits out qick insults & one worded, uncited objections, who do you think looks like the real idiot?
 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
3,843 posts, read 3,684,507 times
Reputation: 3072
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
When one person is presenting their argument in an articulate manner, providing reference for their statements, giving analogies to make their points more understandable, & distinguishing the facts & opinoins from each other for less confusion, while another person vomits out qick insults & one worded, uncited objections, who do you think looks like the real idiot?
You are hardly articulate, have provided no facts or references, and have offered nothing with historical validity. Sorry but who's the idiot?
 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:33 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,182,536 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Alright. I'll try to respond to as much as I can here. This is the type thing that has 2 sides & where you're from, along with other components influence how you learn about & view certain things. For instance, the predominant belief throughout most of America is that The Civil War was fought over slavery & even schools teach this, however, people in some areas know that the war ocurred initially over land disputes & an attempt to divide The US into two seperate countries & slavery only became an issue a couple of years into the war solely because England threatened to cease their support in the Union effort if slavery continued in the country.
This issue is like that one, in that there are two ways to view it.

To the man who hinted that this is getting off topic, the original topic was much broader than the title explains & the conversation has evovled.

Yes, I understand that those are Spanish words. Do you understand that Spanish is the language spoken in Mexico, champ?

Mexicans were here before the Spanish arrived. The oldest civilizations on this continent were from Mexico. They were here before anyone. Modern Mexicans came about through mating of Spanish people & tribes or communities native to Mexico

No, Spanish people are NOT white. Neither are Italians. They do not originate from the Caucasus Mountains. They are NOT Caucasian. Their natural complexion is darker.

Just because we weren't around to see it happen doesn't mean it doesn't matter. That is true ignorance.

The Southernmost Western states were not bought, traded, given to, cooperatively. Merged with the US. They were stolen and I guarantee most of you don't even realize how many US states used to be Mexican territory.


You're wrong. Their have been cases where Native Americans were not tried in any sort of US Court, but instead were tried by their tribal leaders for crimes as serious as murder.

Note, I will not respond to you if you just simply tell me I'm wrong & provide no explanation for your opinion or just insult me & say nothing of any weight to the conversation.
You're wrong, the Spanish arrived here in 1540. Mexico didn't become an independant country until 1810. So no, the Mexicans weren't here before the Spanish arrived. How could they have been when the Spanish arrived before the country of Mexico was even formed?
 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:40 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,717,889 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Yes, I understand that those are Spanish words. Do you understand that Spanish is the language spoken in Mexico, champ?
Champ? Do you understand that Spanish wasn't spoken in Mexico prior to the Spanish arriving there? If not for the Spanish then it would have been some native dialect of Mayan or Aztec or Incan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Mexicans were here before the Spanish arrived. The oldest civilizations on this continent were from Mexico. They were here before anyone. Modern Mexicans came about through mating of Spanish people & tribes or communities native to Mexico
Mexicans didn't exist prior to 1821. You confuse Mexicans with Mayans, Aztecs, and Incas. as there were no named countries in C or S America at the time other than New Spain (1521 - 1821) and names as carved out by the Portuguese like Brazil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
No, Spanish people are NOT white. Neither are Italians. They do not originate from the Caucasus Mountains. They are NOT Caucasian. Their natural complexion is darker.
They are considered "white" and Caucasian. You are confusing the Caucasian language with race. Doesn't work that way. Are you attempting to claim that only people from the Caucasian Mountain area are Caucasian? I would think based on your claim of skin pigmentation that Iranians and Turks could not be "white" or "Caucasian".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Just because we weren't around to see it happen doesn't mean it doesn't matter. That is true ignorance.

The Southernmost Western states were not bought, traded, given to, cooperatively. Merged with the US. They were stolen and I guarantee most of you don't even realize how many US states used to be Mexican territory.
Please enlighten us. I'll bet you don't understand how Texas became it's own Republic (1836) prior to being incorporated into statehood within the USA (1846). I'll bet you didn't know that the Republic of California (1821 - 1823) didn't join Mexico until 2 years after Mexico claimed independence from Spain in 1821, at which point California (1823 - 1848)was merely a Territory of Mexico and not even a State of Mexico.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
You're wrong. Their have been cases where Native Americans were not tried in any sort of US Court, but instead were tried by their tribal leaders for crimes as serious as murder.
I'm wrong? LMFAO (SMH) So you are talking about prior to 1886. I suggest you learn about US vs Kagama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Note, I will not respond to you if you just simply tell me I'm wrong & provide no explanation for your opinion or just insult me & say nothing of any weight to the conversation.
Everything that has been given to you is factual, my opinion was in calling you a moron and that's the only time I used opinion in my comment, I suggest you do some basic research on what has been stated to actually learn a little something about history vs. simply spouting nonsensical claims as fact, such as you have done claiming that that's what you learned/were taught.

Your profile says you are into history and law, yet you really know very little of either. If you are wanting to learn history and law then ask for books to read or start searching through C-D and reading. Everything you have stated has been rebutted numerous times with numerous cites and links.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 04-28-2012 at 04:03 PM..
 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pa
144 posts, read 181,683 times
Reputation: 102
Actually, evidence suggests that both eskimoes & people like the Aztecs could have very well originated from the same area. There is also evidence that suggests the Maya may have been as far North as present day San Diego.

If you had all payed closer attention to what you read, you would see that my gripe is not just that Mexicans are denied free entry to land that was taken from them, but that everyone acknowleges the theft of the Native American's land & small forms of recompence have even been enacted due to this acknowledgement, but everyone disregards & even denies the same exact situation with the Mexicans. If I'm wrong about anything I've said at any point & have not yet addressed it, show me. Give me something better than just your disagreement. Something I can't deny. If you're so sure I'm wrong, you must have real, concrete proof.
 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pa
144 posts, read 181,683 times
Reputation: 102
Just because they didn't have the same name doesn't make them different people. People have lived in lower North America & Central America since 1800 BC or earlier. Would you like citation?
 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, Pa
144 posts, read 181,683 times
Reputation: 102
Most of the arguments being made against what I've said are simply misinterpretations of what I said. People are splitting hairs with my words. Perhaps my explanation is poor, but you know what I mean.
 
Old 04-28-2012, 03:55 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 1,717,889 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
When one person is presenting their argument in an articulate manner, providing reference for their statements, giving analogies to make their points more understandable, & distinguishing the facts & opinoins from each other for less confusion, while another person vomits out qick insults & one worded, uncited objections, who do you think looks like the real idiot?
Actually YOU DO. You have yet to actually give a citation or a link to anything you have fallaciously claimed. You might try leading by example - champ!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top