U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:01 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 615,780 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Just because they didn't have the same name doesn't make them different people. People have lived in lower North America & Central America since 1800 BC or earlier. Would you like citation?
Only since 1800BC? I bet I can go back further than that, try closer to 50,000BC BBC News | Sci/Tech | 'First Americans were Australian'

 
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:07 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 615,780 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Actually, evidence suggests that both eskimoes & people like the Aztecs could have very well originated from the same area. There is also evidence that suggests the Maya may have been as far North as present day San Diego.
There is also evidence that there were Europeans (Solutreans) here prior to the Clovis peoples, 16,000 years prior to Mayan, Aztec, and Incan civilization. The Solutrean hypothesis vindicated? | Gene Expression | Discover Magazine

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 04-28-2012 at 04:12 PM..
 
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:35 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 615,780 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Actually, evidence suggests that both eskimoes & people like the Aztecs could have very well originated from the same area. There is also evidence that suggests the Maya may have been as far North as present day San Diego.
Please provide this evidence. You know, one of those links or citations you claim nobody else gives to nullify your fallacies.

Did you gather all that info from Wiki? Maya civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mayan were in, the now Southern Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize, to include portions of now Honduras area, of Central America, there is no known discoveries that have ever placed them further north than what is Oaxaca Mexico today. The only people claiming they made it as far north as San Diego are those claiming Aztlan and are usually Chicano Nationalists and they claim it based on Language.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 04-28-2012 at 03:51 PM..
 
Unread 04-28-2012, 03:46 PM
 
Location: California
2,477 posts, read 615,780 times
Reputation: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Most of the arguments being made against what I've said are simply misinterpretations of what I said. People are splitting hairs with my words. Perhaps my explanation is poor, but you know what I mean.
How can what you state be mis-interpreted, you said what you did, no?

Splitting hairs? Try completely disproving you fallacious claims.

How can we know what you mean if your explanation is poor?

You are so full of self contradictions you haven't a clue as to even what you are attempting to say, let alone what you have said.
 
Unread 04-28-2012, 04:02 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 5,233,990 times
Reputation: 2110
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Actually, evidence suggests that both eskimoes & people like the Aztecs could have very well originated from the same area. There is also evidence that suggests the Maya may have been as far North as present day San Diego.

If you had all payed closer attention to what you read, you would see that my gripe is not just that Mexicans are denied free entry to land that was taken from them, but that everyone acknowleges the theft of the Native American's land & small forms of recompence have even been enacted due to this acknowledgement, but everyone disregards & even denies the same exact situation with the Mexicans. If I'm wrong about anything I've said at any point & have not yet addressed it, show me. Give me something better than just your disagreement. Something I can't deny. If you're so sure I'm wrong, you must have real, concrete proof.
No land was stolen from Mexico. They were paid $15 million for what lands they shortly held in the Treaty of Gudalupe Hildalgo.

As for the tribes that were indigenous to this country they have their sovereign lands within our borders and are full fledged U.S. citizens. I don't hear their descendants complaining about the past.


You need proof of the treaty and monies paid to Mexico by the U.S.? I thought as LR pointed out you are into history. Yet you don't know this?
 
Unread 04-28-2012, 04:10 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
16,699 posts, read 6,212,464 times
Reputation: 4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Please provide this evidence. You know, one of those links or citations you claim nobody else gives to nullify your fallacies.

Did you gather all that info from Wiki? Maya civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Mayan were in, the now Southern Mexico, Guatemala, and Belize, to include portions of now Honduras area, of Central America, there is no known discoveries that have ever placed them further north than what is Oaxaca Mexico today. The only people claiming they made it as far north as San Diego are those claiming Aztlan and are usually Chicano Nationalists and they claim it based on Language.
Your correct in the areas you mention, that the Mayan civilization were in. Call me dumb i may be, i live in Calif, how come i am not smart enough to know that San Diego also was a known area, i did not know that!


I remember seeing a program on them one year, never heard San Diego mentioned.
 
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Status: "Feeling squirrelly." (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Inis Fada
12,880 posts, read 13,422,092 times
Reputation: 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Here we go with the lies, rhetoric and living in the past again!

Jethro Tull - Living In The Past 1969 - YouTube
 
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Status: "Feeling squirrelly." (set 7 days ago)
 
Location: Inis Fada
12,880 posts, read 13,422,092 times
Reputation: 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Alright. I'll try to respond to as much as I can here. This is the type thing that has 2 sides & where you're from, along with other components influence how you learn about & view certain things. For instance, the predominant belief throughout most of America is that The Civil War was fought over slavery & even schools teach this, however, people in some areas know that the war ocurred initially over land disputes & an attempt to divide The US into two seperate countries & slavery only became an issue a couple of years into the war solely because England threatened to cease their support in the Union effort if slavery continued in the country.
This issue is like that one, in that there are two ways to view it.

To the man who hinted that this is getting off topic, the original topic was much broader than the title explains & the conversation has evovled.

Yes, I understand that those are Spanish words. Do you understand that Spanish is the language spoken in Mexico, champ?

Mexicans were here before the Spanish arrived. The oldest civilizations on this continent were from Mexico. They were here before anyone. Modern Mexicans came about through mating of Spanish people & tribes or communities native to Mexico

No, Spanish people are NOT white. Neither are Italians. They do not originate from the Caucasus Mountains. They are NOT Caucasian. Their natural complexion is darker.

Just because we weren't around to see it happen doesn't mean it doesn't matter. That is true ignorance.

The Southernmost Western states were not bought, traded, given to, cooperatively. Merged with the US. They were stolen and I guarantee most of you don't even realize how many US states used to be Mexican territory.


You're wrong. Their have been cases where Native Americans were not tried in any sort of US Court, but instead were tried by their tribal leaders for crimes as serious as murder.

Note, I will not respond to you if you just simply tell me I'm wrong & provide no explanation for your opinion or just insult me & say nothing of any weight to the conversation.
Holy anachronism Batman!
 
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
1,839 posts, read 757,048 times
Reputation: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Most of the arguments being made against what I've said are simply misinterpretations of what I said. People are splitting hairs with my words. Perhaps my explanation is poor, but you know what I mean.
Duh, let's see , #1 straw man argument #2 tu quoque argument #3 Stupid statement. Unless you let me borrow your ouija board, I don't know what you
mean.
 
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Status: "America's baseball team -- Roar, Tigers, Roar!" (set 4 days ago)
 
Location: Topton and Nescopeck, Penna.
2,967 posts, read 1,016,395 times
Reputation: 2659
Couple of points.

Hazleton is an anomaly among small cities ... even for Pennsylvania. It is situated at the southern tip of a fairly-large county which has seen better days, but it is not the county seat. That would be Wilkes-Barre, which has plenty of quirks of its own .... the "kinds for cash" private-juvenile-prison scandal, the George Banks and Wolseifer murder cases, the Cabbage Patch doll riot ....and all the rest.

It's a gritty place where a dwindling number of aging, mostly second- and third-generation Eastern European white ethnics clash with a young Latino influx. There is a good deal of "new" industry -- almost all of it beginnging with a huge supply of micro-managed, intense physical work in call centers, warehouses and the like. The labor unrions haven't gotten very far, and aren't likely to.

Mayor Barletta, BTW, got himself elected to the US Congress back in 2010. And Tim Holden, the last Democratic Congressman representing any part of the state with a rural population with the exception of John Murtha (Johnstown) lost his re-election bid in last week's primary.

The point, I suppose, is that in politics as in everything else, most actions spawn an opposite reaction, and the growing grass roots / populist "conservatism" in rural Pennsylvania is one more example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top