Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 AM

144 posts, read 223,105 times

Advertisements

Hazleton mayor, Lou Barletta recently passed a law stating that "Anyone who appears to be an illegal immigrant may be stopped on sight & arrested, without having committed a crime & with no probable cause". This is very troubling to me, mainly because THE ONLY PEOPLE INDIGENOUS TO THIS LAND ARE NATIVE AMERICANS!!!!!!! Using his logic, a white man might be a European immigrant, a black man might be an African immigrant, all of us may very well be Canadian immigrants, but do you think the police are stopping people on these assumptions? No. This law is admittedly strictly for Mexicans.
This brings up an even more troubling point. You see, morons like to complain all the time about "our Mexican immigrant problem in this country". Do you know what that's called? An oxymoron. What? Hold on, I'll explain. Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, Arizona, and Utah ARE MEXICO!!!!!! That's where we get names like "San Antonio" or "Las Vegas". Look at this contrast. Native Americans and Mexicans both had their land stolen, but the Native Americans got reservations where they don't have to pay our taxes, follow our laws, or be involved at all with what we've made of this place. In fact, a Native American can commit murder and be exempt from trial in any U.S. court, but instead be tried by a council at a reservation. Then, we look at the Mexicans, who had the same thing done to them at the same time in the same place by the same people, but rather than acknowledge their claim to a place that was rightfully theirs to begin with, we fight them. There is no room for argument here. Imagine someone broke into both your and your neighbor's houses, kicked you out, and destroyed your belongings. After a few hours, your neighbor's door opens and the person comes out and says "I feel kinda bad. You can have the bedroom back & I won't bother you in there", then they build a 40' electric fence around your property and throw you outside threatening to shoot if you come back. Does that sound fair?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 PM

19 posts, read 30,394 times
FYI... Lou Barletta hasn't been the mayor of Hazleton since 2010. Also, there are no such laws in Hazleton.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:50 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoalCityTrash View Post
Hazleton mayor, Lou Barletta recently passed a law stating that "Anyone who appears to be an illegal immigrant may be stopped on sight & arrested, without having committed a crime & with no probable cause". This is very troubling to me, mainly because THE ONLY PEOPLE INDIGENOUS TO THIS LAND ARE NATIVE AMERICANS!!!!!!! Using his logic, a white man might be a European immigrant, a black man might be an African immigrant, all of us may very well be Canadian immigrants, but do you think the police are stopping people on these assumptions? No. This law is admittedly strictly for Mexicans.
This brings up an even more troubling point. You see, morons like to complain all the time about "our Mexican immigrant problem in this country". Do you know what that's called? An oxymoron. What? Hold on, I'll explain. Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, Arizona, and Utah ARE MEXICO!!!!!! That's where we get names like "San Antonio" or "Las Vegas". Look at this contrast. Native Americans and Mexicans both had their land stolen, but the Native Americans got reservations where they don't have to pay our taxes, follow our laws, or be involved at all with what we've made of this place. In fact, a Native American can commit murder and be exempt from trial in any U.S. court, but instead be tried by a council at a reservation. Then, we look at the Mexicans, who had the same thing done to them at the same time in the same place by the same people, but rather than acknowledge their claim to a place that was rightfully theirs to begin with, we fight them. There is no room for argument here. Imagine someone broke into both your and your neighbor's houses, kicked you out, and destroyed your belongings. After a few hours, your neighbor's door opens and the person comes out and says "I feel kinda bad. You can have the bedroom back & I won't bother you in there", then they build a 40' electric fence around your property and throw you outside threatening to shoot if you come back. Does that sound fair?
Hold it right there, please! The Indians did those same things to each other before whites came here. Most Indian "nations" were wanderers so they had NO property rights.

Mexico has NO room to talk cause they did that exact same thing to Spain. Texas kicked Mexico out before Texas became a state. Cali, Arizona and so on are now the US, NOT Mexico.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:22 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,269,210 times
My memory of Hazelton was a few years back a motorcycle tour had us stopping overnight in Hazelton,after we all got settled in to our motel rooms it was time to get some beer,, No place in Hazelton we could find sold beer.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:54 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,310 times
Wow...this is full of fail...

The Illegal Immigration Relief Act was passed in 2006 and did nothing but fine landlords who rented to known illegals.

The act was declared unconstitutional in 2007 and the injunction against it was held up in 2010.

Not only is your understanding of this law just plain wrong but your dates are way off.

Again, full of fail.

Also - your statement of natives being the only indigenous people is just plain stupid some 400 years after settlers arrived here.

I was born in America to American parents, I'm native American.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:17 PM

144 posts, read 223,105 times
Making points like "that happened a long time ago", "I'm native to here", or "that happens all the time" are flatout irrelevant & stupid. None of those things cancel out the FACT that Mexicans owned the original claim to most of America. The evidence you are presenting is inconsequential to my points.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:20 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,533,398 times
Quote:
Hazleton mayor, Lou Barletta recently passed a law stating that "Anyone who appears to be an illegal immigrant may be stopped on sight & arrested, without having committed a crime & with no probable cause".

Is that true? If so, Wow I am speechless.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Here we go with the lies, rhetoric and living in the past again!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:29 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Making points like "that happened a long time ago", "I'm native to here", or "that happens all the time" are flatout irrelevant & stupid. None of those things cancel out the FACT that Mexicans owned the original claim to most of America. The evidence you are presenting is inconsequential to my points.
Mexicans owned most of America? LOL! You sure don't know your history, do you?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:30 PM

20,454 posts, read 12,372,428 times
LOL dont you just love it when people read something on the internet and think its the same as reading today's news paper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.