Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 04:08 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,528,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Here:

Unless you meant SELF deportation, and in the case LOL @ that too...tack on 50 more years for that to happen.

So the solutions you have will take 50-100 years...well you may as well do nothing because you will be deporting dead bodies by then. Oh wait you are doing nothing, basically...
We had all better hope this problem is resolved soon, because I am hearing even the most docile people saying some pretty frightening things. Don't think everything is peachy simply because you aren't seeing massive protest marches, or hearing lots of opposition being reported by the MSM. I assure you, it is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 04:14 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,468,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We had all better hope this problem is resolved soon, because I am hearing even the most docile people saying some pretty frightening things. Don't think everything is peachy simply because you aren't seeing massive protest marches, or hearing lots of opposition being reported by the MSM. I assure you, it is not.
What's going to happen, seriously?

The best thing you could do is kill the economy to stop illegal immigration.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,292,473 times
Quote:
Here:

Unless you meant SELF deportation, and in the case LOL @ that too...tack on 50 more years for that to happen.

So the solutions you have will take 50-100 years...well you may as well do nothing because you will be deporting dead bodies by then. Oh wait you are doing nothing, basically...
Why do you find this mess amusing? Why would it take 50 years for them to self-deport if all of the incentives were removed for them to remain here? I thought they were here to work? If so, removing the job incentive would encourage them to leave, right? Or is that just a rumor that they are here to work?

Old 03-09-2012, 04:38 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,528,848 times
Quote:

I don't know what's going to happen. All I know is in my entire life I have never witnessed such anger and outrage. Even one of my brothers, who was very sympathetic to illegals, and used to argue with me, has changed. I can't go anywhere and not meet people who are truly fed up. And, most of these people are liberal Democrats, and many are black. People are getting tired of the pandering and the threats. They are also learning more about the fiscal burden, not to mention, despite reports, people are still being laid-off, while they see people they assume to be illegal employed. I knew this would eventually happen if the idiots in Congress continued to play games.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
If they are illegal, they don't get WIC or Food Stamps...unless they have a US citizen child of course. That leaves medical treatment and public schools.

So you are going to amend the constitution and cut medical treatment along with public schools?

OK that will happen fast.... what do you think 30 years?

So you have solutions that take: 30, 50 and 100 years. Basically that's doing nothing.
That's what Purple Rain said. He said they are getting all of these benefits through their U.S. born children. Why would they stay here just for the schools and medical? There are schools in their homelands and can only get emergency medical care here. I ask again, why would they remain here if there were no jobs for them and no birthright citizenship to get all these welfare benefits through their kids? Why in the world would it take 30-100 years for them to self-deport?

Old 03-09-2012, 04:42 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,414,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Please quote where I stated that.

If we had a government that really wanted illegal aliens out of this country they would: enforce the current laws on the books, cut off the taxpayer funded freebies, end birthright citizenship and arrest and deport illegal aliens who: march in our streets, demand rights as if they are citizens, approach politicians with their demands, caught driving without licenses and/or insurance. If they did all of the aforementioned, illegals would self deport. There would be no reason for them to stay. Unfortunately, too many greedy Americans in business and government benefit from the presence of illegals and are getting their pockets lined.

I agree with you, and like most not naive Americans would, it is both sides that have gotten us into this mess.

You would think being a Country as grand, as this Country is that they would not turn a blinds eye to this terrible, out of control problem with illegals.

What you said is sad but also true! so many greedy Americans do benenfit from illegals being here. Enough said, that still does not make this situation right.

I feel if we do not get a grip on this problem and soon, our future generations of children, will have an even more uphill battle.And what will their future be like.

The past few weeks, everyday, i hear about a new case of an illegal drinking and driving, but the one case that stands out most, is the one, where an illegal mowed down the older women, came up on the sidewalk, and mowed her down, then just took off. By standers, tried to get this guy to stop, buy he did not he kept on going.
And that does by all means **** the hell out of me. Do not know what State that was in, so mad did not pay attention to that.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:

Our economy is already in the tubes WITH illegals being here. Getting rid of them would improve our economy because Americans would be back to work and our tax coffers would improve also.

Last edited by chicagonut; 03-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 03-09-2012, 05:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,871,147 times
Quote:
Most estimate 20million, some even go as high as 38million.

CAPS - Illegal Aliens Estimated at 20 to 38 Million
38 million illegal aliens sounds way too high.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,871,147 times
Quote:
Here:

I live in Arizona and saw illegal aliens leave in a matter of weeks going by the empty apartments and storefronts in the barrios when we started with 1070 and so on. Even the politicians said about 20 percent left, I gonna say more like 30 percent went away. So there goes your opinion it would take 50 years to get rid of most of them.

Def self deportation at work here.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:01 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,731,870 times
Quote:

I agree with Benicar. With each day that passes, the fuse is getting shorter. I have a feeling it's going to get as ugly as the civil rights movement days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration