Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:38 PM

70 posts, read 46,184 times

Advertisements

The fence. There is no other way. Unless you are willing to build a giant, heavily guarded wall between the two nations, there's no point in arguing.

Simply put, its the only way. How many of you think we should do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 06:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeds468 View Post
The fence. There is no other way. Unless you are willing to build a giant, heavily guarded wall between the two nations, there's no point in arguing.

E-verify, cutting off ALL gov't bennies unless a person can PROVE he's here legal, stop this ESL nonsense, cut off US citizenship for any Anchor Babies under a certain age, NO Dream Act and deport those people on sight, ask for a US driver's license or ID from EVERYONE if stopped by the police and so on just for starters. Can someone say lots of illegal aliens would get outta Dodge like yesterday?

Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 PM

Yeah, but those aren't preventative measures.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:

I agree that the double-layed wall is part of the solution. It greatly helps the Border Patrol and would deter illegal entry. However, we must remove all incentives to come here illegally also and continue with internal enforcement.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 PM

I am not endorsing this solution one way or another, just making the observation...

If you are really serious about keeping illegals (especially mexicans) out of the United States, you'll recognize that this is the ONLY solution. A physical barrier stretching the entire length of the border. Anymore thoughts?

Old 03-10-2012, 10:24 AM

Any other thoughts? Come on, I thought people were serious about this problem?

Old 03-10-2012, 11:47 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:

Actually in many parts of the border there is a fence and it works pretty well.

More important though would be for the benefits to coming here illegally to be ended.

You could build a good fence but keep promising them all the rewards of US citizenship if they only get under, through, over, or around it --- more food stamps than they could have dreamed of, free hospital care, free government housing and so on, they'll do what it takes to get here.

Also 30 million illegals did not cross through the desert or swim a raging river to get here, most come with fraudulent visas and border crossing cards, and also overstay a visa, or otherwise come through the legal ports of entry.

They come because the laws are not enforced, once two feet inside the USA, they can make any demand, show up at any hospital with no consequence, take any job they feel like taking, enroll their kids in the schools, demand a Spanish speaking social worker at the welfare office.

Any law that is not enforced will be broken.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
More important though would be for the benefits to coming here illegally to be ended.
Turn the United States into Mexico?

Old 03-10-2012, 01:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Turn the United States into Mexico?
How would the elimination of incentives turn the U.S. into Mexico? Perhaps you didn't understand his point. He means we should enforce our laws and make it virtually impossible for an illegal to be employed. We should deny all benefits, and stop the shameful pandering. We need to make their lives in this country a living hell. As long as they are coddled and rewarded for violating our laws, they will continue to come. No fence will solve that problem.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
I at this point! am for anything that will stop the flow of illegals, to this Country? this is an invasion that i am highly sick of putting up with.

Such as last week at a deaprtment store, a hispanic couple with 6 kids came into the store. Talk about me and others behind me being iriated, even a hispanic women herself, was upset.

The husband demanded someone a sales clerk help them that was only hispanic, and speak spanish to them. I do know this sales clerk, she will not let anyone push her aound and i mean anyone.

She called for a manager, and the manager explain there was no one working at this time, that spoke spanish! he bacame irate, throwing his arms up, while his kids were running rampant in the store. He was cussing in spanish no doubt, but cussing, getting really frustrated at the manger and sales clerk.
I am not going to lie, i was highly irated at this time, probably even giving them dirty looks, i had it.

So this is what we have to expect and endure, if this couple were here legally, i have no way of knowing for sure, why do they not speak good english.

Why do we have to have demands put on our shoulders, break the law, and you then get to demand from the Country your in illegally, people this does not make sense. If you want the rest of our life to be like this, say nothing, do nothing. This administration clearly, is not the one, to find a solution to this problem, unlike what they tell us.
Our future generations depend really on us. And the children now who will have to put up with such a mess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration