U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 02:14 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,490,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Most illegals pay taxes a point proved time and time again. Not to mention they pay sales tax, real estate taxes, and taxes dealing with vehicles So how is having something they pay for them having a sense of entitlement ? Also nice to know that if someones parents brings them to america illegally as a child, they do well in school, and now at 18 they are told FU basically. Thats okay though because plenty of states like mine do, and offer fast track to in state tuition. So in the end georgia is going to lose out on multiple billions of dollars over this
You'd think their own countries would want them back if losing them would lose money.

Mexico is doing quite well without them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 05:11 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,961,111 times
Quote:
Most illegals pay taxes a point proved time and time again. Not to mention they pay sales tax, real estate taxes, and taxes dealing with vehicles So how is having something they pay for them having a sense of entitlement ? Also nice to know that if someones parents brings them to america illegally as a child, they do well in school, and now at 18 they are told FU basically. Thats okay though because plenty of states like mine do, and offer fast track to in state tuition. So in the end georgia is going to lose out on multiple billions of dollars over this
Enjoy it while it lasts. The party is ending real soon for ILLEGAL aliens. More and more people are waking up to the LIES they spew out.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:50 AM

8,743 posts, read 5,762,849 times
Quote:
MOST??? Please provide several of those links that prove time and time again that MOST illegals pay the taxes you mention, along with federal and state taxes. I know they pay sales tax because it can't be avoided. I'm very curious about the proof that you will provide.

The parents should have thought about the childrens future before bringing them over the border. More than likely the thinking was "some day they will give us amnesty". Or, "when you grow up you can marry an American citizen and become legal".

One can only realize the American Dream if they are a citizen. Their children were brought into the country illegally.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:43 AM

20,310 posts, read 19,424,408 times
Quote:
Uhmm I think you meant to say that some pay all their taxes. Not most certainly not all.
Sense of entitlment? Lets see here illegally and expect no consequences. Here committing fraud and no consequences. Then expect to be treated like those who entered legally. I would say they have a huge sense of entitlment.
How they do in school is less than relevent. What is relevent is their legal status.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 AM

1,078 posts, read 2,281,896 times
Take em back to Mexico and tell them to educate their children and go find a job.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:20 PM

34,959 posts, read 31,977,547 times
Quote:
And watch the flight from georgia into another state begin. I remember when they passed their immigration laws last year and you began to see the farms complaining about not being able to find the workers that the republicans said they would have no trouble finding. We had the same issue here in maryland with crab picking houses when the guest worker program was threatened. if they ate having issue in a BAD economy then what chances do you think they will have in a good one?
Would you work for slave like wages? I know I wouldn't. Either these farmers can pay a decent wage that attracts legal workers or they should fail.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,856,300 times
Quote:
Not true, sorry, most illegals do not pay their fair share of taxes and this was told to me in 2010 while having a huge remodel, additions done to our home.

Contractor hired some illegals, long story short, then i found out, and their ass-- were gone, or i would make the proper phone calls.

Really, i was told to my white face, that they are hired by a lot of contractors thruout this Country, painters, journeyman, handymen, roofers, framers, etc i can go on.
I was told to my face, by more then one of them, that they are hired, to save the contrator money. And also told they do not pay taxes, which pissed me the hell off. I did make a phone call at that point, what ened up happening with these men, i do not know, i did give their names as i knew them to be.

They are ripping the system, any way they can, do not think they all pay their fair share of taxes, cause that is a lie.
And they rent, and he even told me how many people are living in one home, apartment. And that they send the money they make back home to Mexico, i kid you not. This happened in 2010/ and still pisses me the hell off.
And to boot, they do a shi-- job at what they do, crappy. Children could do better them they did.
I know of anyone who i may suspect is an illegal working, i make a phone call, don't like it, don't take the job.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:21 PM

488 posts, read 460,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Now they are threatening us with criminal action if we don't educate them and give them jobs. We will jail then deport them.

Bill banning illegal immigrants from Ga. colleges clears House panel *| ajc.com
Could you please point out in the article where illegals threatened criminal actions against citizens? I don't see it. It appears to me there is either some reading comprehension issues or outright dishonesty going on with your claim.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:54 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,424,408 times
What is the threat?
1. They will kill legal citizens? Check they do this already.
2. They will steal from citizens? Yep they do it already.
3. They will break more of our laws? Trifecta..
Nothing changes.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:59 PM

6,834 posts, read 7,877,012 times
Quote:
Also nice to know that if someones parents brings them to america illegally as a child, they do well in school, and now at 18 they are told FU basically. Thats okay though because plenty of states like mine do, and offer fast track to in state tuition. So in the end georgia is going to lose out on multiple billions of dollars over this
And this is exactly my point. We've invested a ton of $$$ in grade school education just to deny them when they try to enter the U.S. workforce.

We need to cut this sh*t out!

Either fix this f-up system, or deny them ALL education benefits entirely. No need to spread any type of false hope. There is no easy answer to this problem, at least not one that will make everyone happy. It all has to start somewhere. I feel bad for the kids, but the bottom line is that their illegal parents set them up for disaster.

I am still in contact with two friends that I went to high school with that have been deported for many years (we are all in our late 30's). One is in El Salvador, one in Mexico. They both came here as children with their illegal parents and siblings, who interestingly enough are all still living in the U.S. I feel for them, but the laws are the laws. They are victims of circumstance. When you talk to them, they speak perfect english with little accent. Yet their parents that are here are still non fluent and illiterate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or