U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-12-2007, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,703,966 times
Reputation: 2091

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You think greed is the only reason? You think these businesses would be able to provide products or services at a competitive rate, without hiring illegals?

Fine kick the illegals out, then what?
Yep I do, we had a construction company for 11 years, never once employed an illegal, then here they come driving down wages and allowing the employer to employ more to work faster and cheaper and putting out a shi**y product and put us and several of our friends out of business.

You do realize it is more than conveyer belt jobs we are talking about right? So what if Mcdonalds has to raise their price 10 cents a burger to pay for a citizen.Or a motel has to cahrge 5 dollars more a night, I would pay it. And I know for a fact builders keep their prices where they are even if they had citizens, they just pocket the extra savings they get by hiring illegals.What you think they pass the savings on to the consumer, NOT!!

 
Old 09-12-2007, 07:30 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,064 posts, read 15,482,794 times
Reputation: 5288
But by you saying the hotel or McDonalds would charge more without illegals, is in a sense conflicting with you saying there wouldn't be a savings extended to the consumer by hiring illegals.

Maybe a business should have an "Illegal Free" sticker on their window?

How about an "Illegal Free" batch of strawberries?

I will gladly let you pay more for that.
 
Old 09-12-2007, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,703,966 times
Reputation: 2091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
But by you saying the hotel or McDonalds would charge more without illegals, is in a sense conflicting with you saying there wouldn't be a savings extended to the consumer by hiring illegals.

Maybe a business should have an "Illegal Free" sticker on their window?

How about an "Illegal Free" batch of strawberries?

I will gladly let you pay more for that.
$ .10 more or 5 dollars more if your theory were in fact true, thats what I was saying. It wouldnt be this great downfall of society that you claim. Yes everything should be illegal free. We used to build we know the builders, they charged the same, just pocketed the rest, I was saying I dont feel your claim is true, it is their greed not necessity that would fuel it.

And FYI I picked strawberries every summer four four years, I got .50 cents a pallet, until the illegals came and were paid .20cents a pallet, did the prices rise, nope same in the stores.
 
Old 09-12-2007, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,064 posts, read 15,482,794 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
$ .10 more or 5 dollars more if your theory were in fact true, thats what I was saying. It wouldnt be this great downfall of society that you claim. Yes everything should be illegal free. We used to build we know the builders, they charged the same, just pocketed the rest, I was saying I dont feel your claim is true, it is their greed not necessity that would fuel it.
I am saying it would be a lot more than .10 or 5 dollars, and it would become increasingly more expensive as the years went on.

Yes laws are being broken, but highly doubt it is all based on greed or because illegals like to live 10 to a room.

How about we just hire nothing but legals and subsidize it? Like for instance gasoline? Which is much more expensive around the globe than here in the US. You think we could handle the ACTUAL cost of gasoline?

Your taxes are paying for competition whether you like it or not, either way, legal or illegal.

Indians program for Fortune 500 software companies for 20 an hour, an American would want 50 an hour. The prices you are used to dealing with are based fully upon non-americans.
 
Old 09-12-2007, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,703,966 times
Reputation: 2091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I am saying it would be a lot more than .10 or 5 dollars, and it would become increasingly more expensive as the years went on.

Yes laws are being broken, but highly doubt it is all based on greed or because illegals like to live 10 to a room.

How about we just hire nothing but legals and subsidize it? Like for instance gasoline? Which is much more expensive around the globe than here in the US. You think we could handle the ACTUAL cost of gasoline?

It would only be more, because people would be suckered into believing that from the greedy ceo's. Geez like there 300 million a year salaries couldnt take a hit!!!
And no we couldnt afford it, because wages have been so depressed.
 
Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
 
2,541 posts, read 10,197,536 times
Reputation: 946
Letting all the indians, and chinese, and other 3rd world foreigners into our universities is another huge mistake

Why are we helping them close the technological gap that we have on them?

If we just let the indians, and chinese do all of the engineering the whiteman will become weak.
 
Old 09-12-2007, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,064 posts, read 15,482,794 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And no we couldnt afford it, because wages have been so depressed.
So you admit it is too late to fix now?

I say it was never broken.

This is the way this country has worked since inception. Exploiting other countries resources, illegal immigration was a necessary step in this countries competitive survival.
 
Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,703,966 times
Reputation: 2091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
So you admit it is too late to fix now?

I say it was never broken.

This is the way this country has worked since inception.

No it isnt to late.


No wonder we have such problems!!!!
 
Old 09-12-2007, 07:50 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,064 posts, read 15,482,794 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Letting all the indians, and chinese, and other 3rd world foreigners into our universities is another huge mistake

Why are we helping them close the technological gap that we have on them?

If we just let the indians, and chinese do all of the engineering the whiteman will become weak.
According to were I work in Silicon Valley, the "Whiteman" as you say it, is already weak.
 
Old 09-12-2007, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Denver
9,064 posts, read 15,482,794 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No it isnt to late.


No wonder we have such problems!!!!
Good luck buying that product with "illegal free" on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top