U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-29-2012, 11:11 PM

901 posts, read 689,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Why, because there's so many damn illegal Mexicans? Chicago is number 2 in the US in Mexican-American population. I live in a plurality-Mexican neighborhood. Chicago has as more illegal immigrants than most places.

1.) Laws are just laws. We're not arguing a legal defense here. I don't inherently care if someone broke a law, and I don't think you do either. I am more concerned with what is right and wrong. Moreover, I don't see as many people fired up and picketing over tax evasion and other statutes that are commonly violated at great cost to this country.

2.) Once again, of course they don't belong here legally, but just because the government writes a law doesn't insert it into into one's heart and mind. Clearly there is some other sense of why illegal immigrants "don't belong" to you, and I suspect it is their different color of skin and culture.

Can you explain why would I be more deserving of medical care than another person because I was born here and he was born somewhere else?

I do believe that illegal immigration should be dealt with effectively. My point is that I live in a place where no one cares about illegal immigrants except for people who are paid to deal with them, where hateful, bigoted, inhuman things are not spoken about them (as they regularly are on this forum), and we are doing just fine.
The highlighted quote from you says it all. And the answer is yes!
You make no sense. And myself and my family are more deserving of any service offered in the United States of America than any illegal.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 01:24 AM

8,743 posts, read 2,428,079 times
[quote=It'sAutomatic;23630953]

Quote:
1.) Laws are just laws. We're not arguing a legal defense here. I don't inherently care if someone broke a law, and I don't think you do either. I am more concerned with what is right and wrong. Moreover, I don't see as many people fired up and picketing over tax evasion and other statutes that are commonly violated at great cost to this country.
You don't care if someone breaks a law??

Quote:
2.) Once again, of course they don't belong here legally, but just because the government writes a law doesn't insert it into into one's heart and mind. Clearly there is some other sense of why illegal immigrants "don't belong" to you, and I suspect it is their different color of skin and culture.
So, you think it's all about color of skin and culture?? You need to get out more. Do you realize that LEGAL immigrants in the US come from all around the world, different skin tone, different facial features, different languages, different cultures?

Quote:
Can you explain why would I be more deserving of medical care than another person because I was born here and he was born somewhere else?
The question is: why would I NOT be more deserving of medical care..........? Ask your government. That's the way it works.

56% of illegals are Mexican. You only hear from this 56% wanting "equal" rights as those who are legally in the country and those who are citizens receive - the very same people who pay taxes, which the majority of Mexicans don't do - and city tax doesn't quantify them receiving the same rights. People legally in the country are documented, citizens are documented, Mexicans are not or they use false documentation.

They are like ticks on a flea ridden dog. Sucking life and blood out of a government that is not their government.

Quote:
I do believe that illegal immigration should be dealt with effectively. My point is that I live in a place where no one cares about illegal immigrants except for people who are paid to deal with them, where hateful, bigoted, inhuman things are not spoken about them (as they regularly are on this forum), and we are doing just fine.
I would guess that if there was an amnesty only one-half of the illegals would apply. Why not the other half? Because someone who holds a green card is not "entitled" to government hand outs and must prove that they can support themselves and their family by legally working in the US. They will lose benefits that they feel they are "entitled" to. If the US government does what it should have been doing since the 1986 amnesty, the other half will go underground, if caught, will be deported, or self-deport. Being deported or self-deporting - that's taxpayer money well spent. If you want to live in a barrio that's your business, but the majority of Americans don't want to see pockets of barrios popping up all over the country.

If you can stand to read the truth, have a read and find out what the majority of Americans feel about illegal immigrants, and why:

FAIR: Public Opinion on Immigration

Old 03-30-2012, 10:44 AM

5,305 posts, read 1,834,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
...56% of illegals are Mexican. You only hear from this 56% wanting "equal" rights as those who are legally in the country and those who are citizens receive - the very same people who pay taxes, which the majority of Mexicans don't do - and city tax doesn't quantify them receiving the same rights. People legally in the country are documented, citizens are documented, Mexicans are not or they use false documentation...
I'm really going to have an issue with YOu. Since my Mexican wife and stepchildren have documentation (and as a household we pay income, property, and sales taxes), I going to assume that YOu think it is not authentic by YOur statement. Why are YOu making that allegation?

Quote:
...They are like ticks on a flea ridden dog. Sucking life and blood out of a government that is not their government...
Then whom are the fleas in YOur representation?...

I thought it was against forum rules to represent any person or group of people as an insect...

Quote:
...I would guess that if there was an amnesty only one-half of the illegals would apply. Why not the other half? Because someone who holds a green card is not "entitled" to government hand outs and must prove that they can support themselves and their family by legally working in the US. They will lose benefits that they feel they are "entitled" to. If the US government does what it should have been doing since the 1986 amnesty, the other half will go underground, if caught, will be deported, or self-deport. Being deported or self-deporting - that's taxpayer money well spent. If you want to live in a barrio that's your business, but the majority of Americans don't want to see pockets of barrios popping up all over the country...
The regulations for Legal Permanent Residents ("Green Card" holders) accessing most government benefits themselves (not for any U.S. citizen children) is that they must have been in that status for at least five years. Those that have naturalized (the spouse of a U.S. citizen can apply to naturalize as soon three years as an LPR, married to the same U.S. citizen for those three years; That naturalization is typically derivative for minor accompanying children) are able to qualify as well. The LPR spouse and minor [EDIT: children/]stepchildren of a U.S. servicemember are able to access government benefits (if qualified by income) without the five year delay.

YOur objections to an "amnesty" seem to be more focused on the communities YOu relate to being populated by Hispanics...

And YOur phrasing of the statement sounds like YOu include "Green Card" holders also as "illegal aliens" for YOur definition...

Why would YOu make such a statement?...

Be aware the literal translation of "barrio" is "neighborhood". By context ("barrio" is Spanish, which is used by Hispanics) YOu are saying YOu don't want Hispanic neighborhoods "popping up all over" the United States. Even though an "amnesty" would legalize their status, YOu have a problem with what YOu think their communities would be.

Quote:
...If you can stand to read the truth, have a read and find out what the majority of Americans feel about illegal immigrants, and why:

FAIR: Public Opinion on Immigration
Trouble is, FAIR also groups legal immigrants in their "truths"...

YOu do know, just like YOu have incorrectly stated sponsorship standards above, that they also have incorrect information on their site regarding sponsorship?...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 03-30-2012 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: A servicemember can be an LPR, so it could also be their own children...

Old 03-30-2012, 04:27 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,091,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I'm really going to have an issue with YOu. Since my Mexican wife and stepchildren have documentation (and as a household we pay income, property, and sales taxes), I going to assume that YOu think it is not authentic by YOur statement. Why are YOu making that allegation?

Then whom are the fleas in YOur representation?...

I thought it was against forum rules to represent any person or group of people as an insect...

The regulations for Legal Permanent Residents ("Green Card" holders) accessing most government benefits themselves (not for any U.S. citizen children) is that they must have been in that status for at least five years. Those that have naturalized (the spouse of a U.S. citizen can apply to naturalize as soon three years as an LPR, married to the same U.S. citizen for those three years; That naturalization is typically derivative for minor accompanying children) are able to qualify as well. The LPR spouse and minor [EDIT: children/]stepchildren of a U.S. servicemember are able to access government benefits (if qualified by income) without the five year delay.

YOur objections to an "amnesty" seem to be more focused on the communities YOu relate to being populated by Hispanics...

And YOur phrasing of the statement sounds like YOu include "Green Card" holders also as "illegal aliens" for YOur definition...

Why would YOu make such a statement?...

Be aware the literal translation of "barrio" is "neighborhood". By context ("barrio" is Spanish, which is used by Hispanics) YOu are saying YOu don't want Hispanic neighborhoods "popping up all over" the United States. Even though an "amnesty" would legalize their status, YOu have a problem with what YOu think their communities would be.

Trouble is, FAIR also groups legal immigrants in their "truths"...

YOu do know, just like YOu have incorrectly stated sponsorship standards above, that they also have incorrect information on their site regarding sponsorship?...
The remark about fleas on a dog was an analogy. That is a whole lot different then actually calling people themselves fleas.

Regardless of what Mexicans call barrios. It is a common term here in America for a run down neighborhood.

Here are the stats again on how many Mexicans are here legally and how many are here illegally(estimated).

Mexicans here legally = 276,550. Mexicans here illegally = 6,650,000.

Top 10 legal and illegal immigrant nationalities in the U.S. - OhMyGov News

Old 03-30-2012, 04:45 PM

19,926 posts, read 10,977,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The remark about fleas on a dog was an analogy. That is a whole lot different then actually calling people themselves fleas.

Regardless of what Mexicans call barrios. It is a common term here in America for a run down neighborhood.

Here are the stats again on how many Mexicans are here legally and how many are here illegally(estimated).

Odd that a certain poster would take exception based on their spouse when that very same poster had no problem attacking another members wife.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:57 PM

17,527 posts, read 7,430,288 times
If you truly feel you have the answers, which it appears you think you do. Then you sincerely do not need a answer from any of us, cause you already feel a certain way, different from most concern Americans.

If you really have to ask, you don't deserve a answer?
When you were little maybe your parents taught you that illegal and wrong, and breaking the law was the right thing to do, mine did not.

If not one thing else, breaking the law to get here, is reason enough they do not belong here.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
The remark about fleas on a dog was an analogy. That is a whole lot different then actually calling people themselves fleas...
Fine, let's talk about the "ticks"...

Here is the original quote, with the subject of the preceding paragraph as "Mexicans" (no connotation of immigration status):

Quote:
...56% of illegals are Mexican. You only hear from this 56% wanting "equal" rights as those who are legally in the country and those who are citizens receive - the very same people who pay taxes, which the majority of Mexicans don't do - and city tax doesn't quantify them receiving the same rights. People legally in the country are documented, citizens are documented, Mexicans are not or they use false documentation.

They are like ticks on a flea ridden dog. Sucking life and blood out of a government that is not their government...
Quote:
...Regardless of what Mexicans call barrios. It is a common term here in America for a run down neighborhood...
But the true translation is "neighborhood", and a "barrio" in context here would mean "neighborhood where [primarily] Hispanics live". There is no additional meaning of being "run-down" in its Spanish usage. In Mexico, a "barrio" can be in a relatively upscale portion of a community, or on the bad side of town.

Quote:
...Here are the stats again on how many Mexicans are here legally and how many are here illegally(estimated).

YOu can't even read a chart correctly, nor understand whom it does not include...

That is the number of those from Mexico becoming Legal Permanent Residents[EDIT], and those from Mexico naturalizing to U.S. citizenship[/EDIT] only for the year of 2009. It also does not include "non-immigrant" visas that will likely adjust status to Legal Resident, including 'K'-Class visas. I think I have identified most of the major issue here.

YOu have an enormous blockage to accepting reality, and don't even realize when the numbers YOu quote are off by a few decimal places...

I'm going to put YOu into a category with the member YOu are trying to defend, whom says the majority of "Mexicans" present don't pay taxes here, don't have documentation or it is "false", and have some mental association for them to ticks on a dog.

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 03-30-2012 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: To add the naturalized citizens from Mexico in 2009 to the "data"...

Old 03-30-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Fine, let's talk about the "ticks"...

Here is the original quote, with the subject of the preceding paragraph as "Mexicans" (no connotation of immigration status):

But the true translation is "neighborhood", and a "barrio" in context here would mean "neighborhood where [primarily] Hispanics live". There is no additional meaning of being "run-down" in its Spanish usage. In Mexico, a "barrio" can be in a relatively upscale portion of a community, or on the bad side of town.

YOu can't even read a chart correctly, nor understand whom it does not include...

That is the number of those from Mexico becoming Legal Permanent Residents only for the year of 2009. It also does not include "non-immigrant" visas that will likely adjust status to Legal Resident, including 'K'-Class visas. I think I have identified most of the major issue here.

YOu have an enormous blockage to accepting reality, and don't even realize when the numbers YOu quote are off by a few decimal places...

I'm going to put YOu into a category with the member YOu are trying to defend, whom says the majority of "Mexicans" present don't pay taxes here, don't have documentation or it is "false", and have some mental association for them to ticks on a dog.
Ticks, fleas what's the difference? It was still an analogy. When someone starts out with words like illegal Mexicans and continues on in their paragraph using only the word Mexican it doesn't take a rocket scientist to dicipher that they just left the adjective out the second time especially since this is the illegal immigration forum.

What I am saying is that most Americans at least those not of the hispanic flavor use the word barrio to describe a run down neighborhood. I have even heard poor, black neighborhoods being described that way. Whether the word means something different in a Hispanic's eyes, especially what a Mexican in Mexico thinks is not the issue.

I posted the chart exactly as it appeared in the link. I have a blockage to reality?

You can put me into any catagory you like. The fact remains that most Mexicans here illegally don't pay much in income taxes if at all. They either get paid under the table or are using a fake or stolen ID. Again, this is the illegal immigration forum and just because one fails to use the word illegal before or after the word Mexican every single time doesn't mean that isn't whom they are referring to. If you followed along with the entire post from beginning to end would realize that.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
...I posted the chart exactly as it appeared in the link. I have a blockage to reality? ...
Ok, I'll upgrade that to that YOu don't have awareness of the data YOu are posting:

Does that not say the data is only those receiving Resident Cards and naturalizing in 2009? I have had both sets of data (Legal Permanent Residents by year, and Naturalization data by year) for a few years now, and each annual report (from DHS, which is not generally believed around here) includes the two prior years of data. 2009 was actually the high point in Mexican legal immigration and naturalization (trying to file before USCIS fee increases).

Put another way, do YOu believe this chart accurately represents that there are only 1.9 million legal immigrants in the United States right now?...

Old 03-30-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Ok, I'll upgrade that to that YOu don't have awareness of the data YOu are posting:

Does that not say the data is only those receiving Resident Cards and naturalizing in 2009? I have had both sets of data (Legal Permanent Residents by year, and Naturalization data by year) for a few years now, and each annual report (from DHS, which is not generally believed around here) includes the two prior years of data. 2009 was actually the high point in Mexican legal immigration and naturalization (trying to file before USCIS fee increases).

Put another way, do YOu believe this chart accurately represents that there are only 1.9 million legal immigrants in the United States right now?...
Uh, since it referred to the year 2009 how would that relate to today? I imagine that in the past three years as for Mexican immigration both legal and illegal their numbers have increased since 2009. My point was to point out that Mexicans are here in the largest numbers both legally and illegally. Many in here claim that they are being discriminated against in our immigration policies and that simply isn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration