U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
What does this have to do with illegal immigrants. Canada had homosexuals moving there because they want homosexual marriage. Please!
The whole conversation got off-topic. You can't just pick apart my post, you have to read the whole conversation.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Question for all of you then:
How can you tell an illegal from legal hispanic person?

Or is it cool to just be racist to all of them? Is that what we are implying here?
I am still waiting for an answer to this.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:14 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,052,974 times
Mexico is such a horrible and corrupt country that people will crawl through the desert to escape it. Why are the people that support illegal immigration not spending their time confronting the Mexican government to take care of their citizens? Mexico borders the USA and still much of their country is like a third world country. What is it about the Mexican culture that has not been able to make their country a viable modern society? Canada borders America and is very much like America.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Mexico is such a horrible and corrupt country that people will crawl through the desert to escape it. Why are the people that support illegal immigration not spending their time confronting the Mexican government to take care of their citizens? Mexico borders the USA and still much of their country is like a third world country. What is it about the Mexican culture that has not been able to make their country a viable modern society? Canada borders America and is very much like America.
I don't know, maybe because Canada is full of white people?

Old 09-14-2007, 03:17 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
You really have a hang-up about race - most educated people don't care about race.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Quote:
I don't know, maybe because Canada is full of white people?
What you are implying is that white people are superior to brown people and they do not have what it takes to "rise above".

Old 09-14-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
You really have a hang-up about race - most educated people don't care about race.
I don't like racism, I guess I am the exception to your rule.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:26 PM

Quote:
I don't like racism.

You stated that Canada is a more viable country then Mexico because they are a "white people" country implying that the people of Mexico are not equipped with the abilities to create a viable country. That sounds like racism to me against brown people or are you just being a realist like everyone else on this forum?

Or there is one other option; you can say it but we cannot.........hmmmmm

Old 09-14-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
You stated that Canada is a more viable country then Mexico because they are a "white people" country implying that the people of Mexico are not equipped with the abilities to create a viable country. That sounds like racism to me against brown people or are you just being a realist like everyone else on this forum?
You stated Mexico is a poor country, when the true Spaniards (white people) are actually rich. You assume because of the 'poor' mexicans that come here to the US, that all of the country is poor, when it is not. The rich mexicans just don't need to come here.

Canada is dominantly white, and yes I do think there are some advantages in this world to being white, I am a realist. There is nothing discriminating in what I said.

Old 09-14-2007, 03:32 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,687,512 times
Quote:
Question for all of you then:
How can tell an illegal from legal hispanic person?

Or is it cool to just be racist to all of them? Is that what we are implying here?
What came first the chicken or the egg? BTW I have a niece that is mexican and I adore and love her immensely!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or