U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
 
547 posts, read 1,045,010 times
Reputation: 227

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
So it is ok to assume all pregnant hispanic women are illegals? Is that what you are saying?
Please stop twisting around what people are saying. I believe you are spreading hate on this forum while accusing others. You complain about people commenting on things because you seem to see racism everywhere, you don't believe what people are saying so you say you want documentation to back statements up; but when people provide documentation you see racism yet again just in their providing it for you. You don't respect others points of view, yet you insist on continuing to give yours and expect to be able to do so without challenge. You have said you hate racism. I hate racism too. In all its forms. Which includes people who see racism everywhere and in everyone when it just doesn't exist there. People who do this incite anger towards the very people they think they are protecting. Did anyone ask you to be the mouth piece for Hispanics, or even for specifically Mexicans? I don't think so! What gives you the right? PLEASE! PLEASE! Stop and listen, without prejudice. You may just learn a thing or two. I'm sure glad I don't see racism everywhere, and I'm so sorry you do. Really. I'm not trying to be condescending. I mean that from the heart. Peace be with you. I think you really need some.

Quote:
Why do I know a mexican-american woman who is legal, knows english, makes 6 figures and has to deal with racism everyday?
She is not hiding illegal immigrants, do you think that is fair?
Unfortunately racism is out there, nobody denies that and it's not right, but it's not everywhere. Believe me, you are not helping her or anybody else by continuing with this paranoid slandering of people who don't happen to share your viewpoint.

 
Old 09-23-2007, 06:35 PM
 
547 posts, read 1,045,010 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
]
Question for all of you then:
How can you tell an illegal from legal hispanic person?

Or is it cool to just be racist to all of them? Is that what we are implying here?

I am still waiting for an answer to this.

Quote:
I am still waiting for an answer to this.
First question, my answer is "You can't by sight. You often can by actions."
Second question, my answer is "No, you shouldn't be racist to either." But then, I don't believe the posters are being racist to either of them. You just always jump to that conclusion. For what reason, only you know.

Now will you be so kind to answer my question which I have posed to you several times in various threads without ever receiving a response? Why do you think people who post about their unfortunate personal experiences with illegal aliens are racist? I am still waiting for an answer to that.

Last edited by Arizona Annie; 09-23-2007 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: forgot end quote.
 
Old 09-23-2007, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,637,375 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
First question, my answer is "You can't by sight. You often can by actions."
Second question, my answer is "No, you shouldn't be racist to either." But then, I don't believe the posters are being racist to either of them. You just always jump to that conclusion. For what reason, only you know.

Now will you be so kind to answer my question which I have posed to you several times in various posts without ever receiving a response? Why do you think people who post about their unfortunate personal experiences with illegal aliens are racist? I am still waiting for an answer to that.
Mach50Thunderdart comes across as a troll to me; he wants attention.
 
Old 09-23-2007, 06:50 PM
 
547 posts, read 1,045,010 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Mach50Thunderdart comes across as a troll to me; he wants attention.
I think I agree. I feel sorry for people like him though. To apparently see racist motives everywhere, it's sad.

Last edited by Arizona Annie; 09-23-2007 at 08:23 PM..
 
Old 09-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,064 posts, read 15,477,439 times
Reputation: 5288
Ok, so everyone who has a different point of view from the majority here, are they automatically called a troll here?

I propose this, you don't want me to say your team is racist, then quit posting things like this thread we are in, complaining about Mexicans parking. I have seen White Americans do the same thing in the south.

How about this thread by one of the Pro-Legal Teams main supporters on this site "Citigirl" attacking the Mexican anthem and implying they are a more violent country than the US, which is sweet laughable irony:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...l-singing.html

How about this thread, which doesn't even complain about illegals, basically it just says there are too many hispanics in Tennessee:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...tennessee.html What is the purpose of this thread? To point out lynching areas? Places to avoid buying real-estate?

There are too many threads on this forum stereotyping all Mexicans as short, dirty, criminals, with too many kids who are all on welfare. Too many references, and it says nothing but how ignorant people are.

You can call it what you want, but when this many negative things are said about 1 body of people "The Hispanics of Mexico" I tend to call that racism.

Especially when threads and replies are written where the poster just says things like:
Quote:
It's happening everywhere -
In response to Hispanics growing in Tennessee.

Also people posting about "Latin Invasions", seriously makes this forum appear to be very anti-Latin to the least.

Next, I login and post threads about Illegal Indians taking Tech jobs, it gets barely any press. Actually I get flamed by ignorant posters saying silly things like: "Oh yeah Indians are swimming over"...has nobody heard of Overstaying a visa? Yes they have, but they don't care because they have degrees and speak english.

Same thing goes for the Irish coming here illegally, nobody cares in America, here is a thread in New York basically waving in the illegal girls from Ireland:
3 Irish Girls Moving To New York

The best of this forum, however, is when anyone comes in here to defend these immigrants or even throw out another point of view. They are immediately casted as "Non American".

Why is it that I can't voice my opinion and still be an American?

Judging from the messages I have received, I have quite a silent minority here that agree with my views, most of these people however seem to prefer to stay quiet than to "waste time on swine" as one person said.

I don't give up so easy.

I believe there are some good reasons, however, I think a lot of this has to do with Hispanics, especially proud ones like the Mexicans.

So if I were a troll, would I post with such passion? No.


Also during this whole debate, I think I have handed out maybe 2 Bad Reputations, 1 for Pablo-Me calling me childish names and 1 to Vieled Prophet for flaming me on day 1 to this forum. I hardly think that is trollish behavior. Did you just negative rep me though Arizona Annie? Seems a bit wrong to do so in this debate.

Some of my other reps:
Racist Myths about... 09-22-2007 10:01 AM Thank You!!!
Illegal immigrants... 09-21-2007 05:26 PM AWESOME!
Illegal immigrants... 09-21-2007 05:18 PM Quick-reputation
Racist Myths about... 09-20-2007 11:45 AM Quick-reputation
Racist Myths about... 09-20-2007 11:42 AM You're casting pearls of wisdom before swine, my friend. But if you have the time, good luck with it.
Racist Myths about... 09-20-2007 10:50 AM true and brave post. all you'll get is hate tossed back at you, but congrats for the sanity.
Illegal immigrants... 09-17-2007 06:02 PM they are a bunch of racists - it comes out every now and then.
Immigrants Stake... 09-13-2007 01:26 PM They sure do. If only they could talk actual facts and put things in perspektive...

So I hardly believe I am just trolling thanks for trying to discredit me though...AGAIN..

Last edited by Mach50; 09-23-2007 at 09:04 PM..
 
Old 09-23-2007, 09:09 PM
 
547 posts, read 1,045,010 times
Reputation: 227
Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Did you just negative rep me though Arizona Annie? Seems a bit wrong to do so in this debate.
Nope. I'm more of a positive reputation kind of gal. I like to reinforce positives and see if I can help people get around their negatives, not by negative reps, but by dialog. I ask questions because I want to hear their reasoning behind their statements, especially if I suspect their motives. I think people should have an opportunity to respond to a comment, so I make them on the threads themselves. I'm disappointed when people incite others intentionally and then don't elaborate on why they did so, when asked. It's not a debate when one half of the debate refuses to even consider they might be wrong about the other person (or persons) in the debate.

Last edited by Arizona Annie; 09-23-2007 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: added "or persons"
 
Old 09-23-2007, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,637,375 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Ok, so everyone who has a different point of view from the majority here, are they automatically called a troll here?

I propose this, you don't want me to say your team is racist, then quit posting things like this thread we are in, complaining about Mexicans parking. I have seen White Americans do the same thing in the south.

How about this thread by one of the Pro-Legal Teams main supporters on this site "Citigirl" attacking the Mexican anthem and implying they are a more violent country than the US, which is sweet laughable irony:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...l-singing.html

How about this thread, which doesn't even complain about illegals, basically it just says there are too many hispanics in Tennessee:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...tennessee.html What is the purpose of this thread? To point out lynching areas? Places to avoid buying real-estate?

There are too many threads on this forum stereotyping all Mexicans as short, dirty, criminals, with too many kids who are all on welfare. Too many references, and it says nothing but how ignorant people are.

You can call it what you want, but when this many negative things are said about 1 body of people "The Hispanics of Mexico" I tend to call that racism.

Especially when threads and replies are written where the poster just says things like:
In response to Hispanics growing in Tennessee.

Also people posting about "Latin Invasions", seriously makes this forum appear to be very anti-Latin to the least.

Next, I login and post threads about Illegal Indians taking Tech jobs, it gets barely any press. Actually I get flamed by ignorant posters saying silly things like: "Oh yeah Indians are swimming over"...has nobody heard of Overstaying a visa? Yes they have, but they don't care because they have degrees and speak english.

Same thing goes for the Irish coming here illegally, nobody cares in America, here is a thread in New York basically waving in the illegal girls from Ireland:
3 Irish Girls Moving To New York

The best of this forum, however, is when anyone comes in here to defend these immigrants or even throw out another point of view. They are immediately casted as "Non American".

Why is it that I can't voice my opinion and still be an American?

Judging from the messages I have received, I have quite a silent minority here that agree with my views, most of these people however seem to prefer to stay quiet than to "waste time on swine" as one person said.

I don't give up so easy.

I believe there are some good reasons, however, I think a lot of this has to do with Hispanics, especially proud ones like the Mexicans.

So if I were a troll, would I post with such passion? No.


Also during this whole debate, I think I have handed out maybe 2 Bad Reputations, 1 for Pablo-Me calling me childish names and 1 to Vieled Prophet for flaming me on day 1 to this forum. I hardly think that is trollish behavior. Did you just negative rep me though Arizona Annie? Seems a bit wrong to do so in this debate.

Some of my other reps:
Racist Myths about... 09-22-2007 10:01 AM Thank You!!!
Illegal immigrants... 09-21-2007 05:26 PM AWESOME!
Illegal immigrants... 09-21-2007 05:18 PM Quick-reputation
Racist Myths about... 09-20-2007 11:45 AM Quick-reputation
Racist Myths about... 09-20-2007 11:42 AM You're casting pearls of wisdom before swine, my friend. But if you have the time, good luck with it.
Racist Myths about... 09-20-2007 10:50 AM true and brave post. all you'll get is hate tossed back at you, but congrats for the sanity.
Illegal immigrants... 09-17-2007 06:02 PM they are a bunch of racists - it comes out every now and then.
Immigrants Stake... 09-13-2007 01:26 PM They sure do. If only they could talk actual facts and put things in perspektive...

So I hardly believe I am just trolling thanks for trying to discredit me though...AGAIN..
Let me put it this way: the more that you protest; the less that others take you seriously------even if 95% of what you say is the truth.
 
Old 09-23-2007, 09:22 PM
 
273 posts, read 178,586 times
Reputation: 101
[quote=Mach50Thunderdart;

There are too many threads on this forum stereotyping all Mexicans as short, dirty, criminals, with too many kids who are all on welfare. Too many references, and it says nothing but how ignorant people are.

You can call it what you want, but when this many negative things are said about 1 body of people "The Hispanics of Mexico" [U]I tend to call that racism. [/u]


This bears repeating because it is TRUE.

He is right about stereo-typing. When I was at the reception yesterday, I took note how few adult men were actually shorter than me.

Mach is no troll, and without his opinion there would be little balance to this topic. We'd be like the villagers in Frankenstien running through the streets with torches and pitchforks. (Some of us do that anyway)

Last edited by pablo-me; 09-23-2007 at 09:35 PM..
 
Old 09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 27 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,064 posts, read 15,477,439 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let me put it this way: the more that you protest; the less that others take you seriously------even if 95% of what you say is the truth.
I don't think I question everything. However, I will admit to when I come across a poster who seems to be regurgitating the latest Bill O'Reilly or LouDobbs show on how to hate life and be an ignorant American. I do have sympathy on their souls and I might try too hard to steer them back to the reality that Americans are not gods gift to mankind. So I am guilty as charged on that one.

Last edited by Mach50; 09-23-2007 at 10:27 PM..
 
Old 09-23-2007, 11:08 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,713,217 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I don't think I question everything. However, I will admit to when I come across a poster who seems to be regurgitating the latest Bill O'Reilly or LouDobbs show on how to hate life and be an ignorant American. I do have sympathy on their souls and I might try too hard to steer them back to the reality that Americans are not gods gift to mankind. So I am guilty as charged on that one.
Well, yes. Americans are not god's gift to mankind. Frankly, I wish more people would realize that and stay in their own countries instead of viewing America as the Promised Land or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top