U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times
Reputation: 382

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post

How about this thread by one of the Pro-Legal Teams main supporters on this site "Citigirl"
I am glad you said that, "main supporters" . Sometimes I am so exhausted fighting the illegal immigration problem but I know it is for the future of the children in our family and the health of America.

On another note I think one of the most racist things ever said on this forum was by you Mach, that "Canada was a more thriving country because they are white", implying that the brown people or Mexicans simply do not measure up.

 
Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Denver
9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Reputation: 5288
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Well, yes. Americans are not god's gift to mankind. Frankly, I wish more people would realize that and stay in their own countries instead of viewing America as the Promised Land or something.
Look all over the world, the poverished and unskilled are migrating. Polish to Ireland, Arabs to Europe, Africans to France, Phillipino's to Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand. It is not just America.
 
Old 09-23-2007, 11:32 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Reputation: 47455
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
In my neighborhood here in the midwest, I've noticed that the newer neighbors (many flying mexican flags) always park their vehicles in front of other houses of their non-immigrant neighbors. I thought it odd because they could use the driveway or park in front of their own house.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a common practice across the US and what is the purpose? Is it to stake a symbolic claim, shade their vehicle, detour ICE from their real address? I'd love to know.
basic animal behavior people do it too.
we just have had the good life so long so good we forgot we used to be like that too. just because you dont "own" something does not mean you dont try to establish boundaries. parks so forth. ours vs yours. when you got nothin you fight for everything. even scraps. its instinct.
they are competing with us for resources. we have not had to do this for a long long time, compete, we dont like it. we have had it good for so long we forgot we used to have to fight for it and we used to have to have a sense of we, in order to make that fight. we lost that too. they haven't.
why aren't your kids and their friends out there fighting for your parking space, no way, they are used to having it given to them by who, by you.
something different huh?
stephen s
san diego ca
 
Old 09-23-2007, 11:35 PM
 
Location: In an illegal immigrant free part of the country.
2,087 posts, read 1,053,512 times
Reputation: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Look all over the world, the poverished and unskilled are migrating. Polish to Ireland, Arabs to Europe, Africans to France, Phillipino's to Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand. It is not just America.

....and it might be noted that many of these countries are waking up to the detriment immigrants pose. France is activily getting rid of their illegal immigrants and paying legal immigrants to go back home. Me? I am going to concentrate on America.
 
Old 09-24-2007, 08:05 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Look all over the world, the poverished and unskilled are migrating. Polish to Ireland, Arabs to Europe, Africans to France, Phillipino's to Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand. It is not just America.
How is this relevant to my previous statement? You stated that Americans were not god's gift to the world. I agree. There are many serious problems right here in America that must be addressed. Here are a few for starters:

1. a school system that fails to educate many pupils
2. a health care system in crisis
3. a crumbling infrastructure
4. a patched together electrical grid
5. problems with overcrowding and strain on resources
6. pollution
7. crime

It seems to me that we already have alot on our plate and owe it to the taxpaying citizens of the US to get our own house in order before we allow other countries to send millions of their needy citizens our way.

Exactly how many jobs for unskilled workers do Poland, France, New Zealand, the US, etc. have? What if each unskilled worker brings in 5 equally unskilled family members? What happens when all the jobs for unskilled workers are taken and they keep on coming anyhow?
 
Old 09-24-2007, 09:00 AM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
How about this thread by one of the Pro-Legal Teams main supporters on this site "Citigirl" attacking the Mexican anthem and implying they are a more violent country than the US, which is sweet laughable irony:
Doesn't sound like sweet, laughable irony to me.

Quote:
Murders and kidnappings hit record levels in Mexico

MEXICO CITY — Gangland-style murders and kidnappings reached record levels in Mexico during the first half of the year, a new report from Mexico's congress has found, making Mexico one of the world's most dangerous countries.
Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles
http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/news/202639.php (broken link)

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 05:21 AM..
 
Old 09-24-2007, 09:01 AM
 
547 posts, read 1,044,668 times
Reputation: 227
Default I'm afraid I don't agree, here's why....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post

Mach is no troll, and without his opinion there would be little balance to this topic. We'd be like the villagers in Frankenstien running through the streets with torches and pitchforks. (Some of us do that anyway)
pablo-me ~ (I hope you will read this as well Mach50Thunderdart....)I know what you are trying to say, but I disagree. Here's why.... I didn't know what an internet troll was, so after he was referred to as a troll I looked it up. Wikipedia defines it as the following....
"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an online community such as an online discussion forum or USENET, with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response."
Considering he would make blanket statements, including all who disagreed with him, calling them racist. Then when he was asked why he believed them to be racist he would simply not respond and instead open a new thread elsewhere (or just go to another thread on the illegal alien issue), wait for people to respond and then start right in with the blanket racist claim again. I would say that definitely fits the description. On this thread he finally posted the comments he felt were racist in nature, but not until after he was called a troll.
He definitely has a right to his opinion, but people would be more likely to listen to what he says, if instead of calling everyone racist (as he currently does), he comments on the specific statement made and suggest it might be considered racist and why he felt that way. Then the poster who made the statement should be able to comment on why he/she made the statement and why he/she doesn't believe it to be a racist statement. As long as he uses blanket statements and hit and run tactics, as far as I am concerned ArizonaBear was right on with the comment made.
 
Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 AM
 
273 posts, read 178,380 times
Reputation: 101
Excellent point Annie.
 
Old 09-24-2007, 09:59 AM
 
3 posts, read 5,606 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Yeah wait until they block your driveway -- you will be afraid to call the police because of retaliation. You could go down the street knocking on doors to get someone to move it,but good luck, they don't speak English and they will probably lie to you anyway.

They have also been known to actually pull into your driveway and park behind your car!

Yea maybe you'll have to actually speak some spanish, maybe even have a conversation with them! From reading all these posts I can clearly see all the misconceptions "Legal Americans" have of "they". You think we want to run you gringos out, that we lie, and that we are scary right? My question is what makes you think you know "they" just because they live next door to you??? Before you can sit there and converse with one another about the problems you encounter with mexicans and ask why "they" are the way they are, I challenge you to actually explore our culture, talk with "they", to really put yourself in their shoes. Then let me know if you still feel the same way.
 
Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
 
547 posts, read 1,044,668 times
Reputation: 227
Default An INDIVIDUAL'S response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Ok, so everyone who has a different point of view from the majority here, are they automatically called a troll here?
No, only if it fits. Please see my post to Pablo-me and you.

Quote:
I propose this, you don't want me to say your team is racist, then quit posting things like this thread we are in, complaining about Mexicans parking. I have seen White Americans do the same thing in the south.
Is everyone who disagrees with your claims of racism on this supposed "team"? Are we a team because we all agree we have a serious illegal alien problem and it must be fixed? Or maybe it is because we speak up in support of each other when you make ludicrous racist claims. ?? You have NEVER answered my question on why when people talk about Mexican's specifically you can't allow it is probably because they are the largest population of illegal aliens in our country rather than because of any racial hatred of them as a people. Is it possible you don't fully understand the meaning of the word? Here, let me help you....

rac•ism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - [rey-siz-uhm]
–noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Does that help? Why do you think it is racist to ask if others have noticed the same thing you have about a different culture than your own? How is that hatred against a race?

You seem to believe (by your post) that when people make statements such as there are too many Hispanics here, it is being racist. Again, I remind you the largest illegal alien population is Hispanic. We cannot afford as a country the numbers crossing our borders. This is not racism, it is a fact. They are specifically mentioned because of their numbers, not because they are hated. Please refer again to the definition.

Quote:
There are too many threads on this forum stereotyping all Mexicans as short, dirty, criminals, with too many kids who are all on welfare. Too many references, and it says nothing but how ignorant people are.
Painting a group of people with such broad strokes indeed suggests racism. As I have always said, there is no doubt there is racism in this country, as in all countries, and it is wrong. Your painting the group of people you call the “team” with broad strokes is also wrong.

[quote]Next, I login and post threads about Illegal Indians taking Tech jobs, it gets barely any press. Actually I get flamed by ignorant posters saying silly things like: "Oh yeah Indians are swimming over"...has nobody heard of Overstaying a visa? Yes they have, but they don't care because they have degrees and speak english.[\QUOTE]

Most people (or groups of people) when dealing with an issue, problem or concern focus on the biggest part of the problem before trying to do something about the smaller parts. It doesn’t mean the smaller parts aren’t important or worthy of attention, it’s just prudent to maintain a focus on the big picture and not let yourself get distracted by the smaller tasks. By the way, did you get labeled a racist by anyone because you were focusing on illegal Indians, the way you label people on this forum as racist for focusing on illegal Mexicans? Or are you going to come back with something like “that’s different”? If so, you should be prepared to explain why. Not that I would expect a response.

Quote:
Judging from the messages I have received, I have quite a silent minority here that agree with my views, most of these people however seem to prefer to stay quiet than to "waste time on swine" as one person said.
Interesting. I wonder, are they afraid they will be asked to explain their views and attacks and they can’t? I wonder. Their comments remind me of kids in a school yard hiding behind a big rock, never showing their faces, throwing rocks at people but staying safe and hidden. I had a negative rep lodged at me (calling me a racist of course) because I asked you to explain why you were calling everyone racist. After reading the positive reps you posted, I imagine it was one of your apparent followers, unless it was you.

Quote:
Did you just negative rep me though Arizona Annie? Seems a bit wrong to do so in this debate.
I answered this question in another post. No, I didn’t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top