U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,703,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaePena View Post
Yea maybe you'll have to actually speak some spanish, maybe even have a conversation with them! From reading all these posts I can clearly see all the misconceptions "Legal Americans" have of "they". You think we want to run you gringos out, that we lie, and that we are scary right? My question is what makes you think you know "they" just because they live next door to you??? Before you can sit there and converse with one another about the problems you encounter with mexicans and ask why "they" are the way they are, I challenge you to actually explore our culture, talk with "they", to really put yourself in their shoes. Then let me know if you still feel the same way.
I have and do everyday, I have to go to jobsites and work with them, and me being female, I seem to draw more attention, and they love to give it. I have plenty of legal hispanic friends, that I adore and love to enjoy their culture while I am in their home. thehispanic citizens I know treat me with respect and I in turn. But the illegals I have had to work with over the last 15 years, have shown their contempt and lack of respect for this country. Most I have had to speak to hate the US and are here to pay for their retirement in mexico. This has been my experience anyway.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 AM

547 posts, read 1,045,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Excellent point Annie.
Thank you pablo-me

Old 09-24-2007, 12:28 PM

9,064 posts, read 15,482,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Doesn't sound like sweet, laughable irony to me.

Murders and kidnappings hit record levels in Mexico | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/news/202639.php - broken link)
I am sorry that I went outside of the US borders when I said IRONY, I tend to think of things on a world-scale violence.

US has this ideology: not on our soil, not our problem, type of violence.

Who's more of a violent country?
Mexico - current wars 0
US - 2 wars, 700 bases in 36 countries.

Stating US and Peace in the same sentence is considered an Oxymoron.
So pick apart the Mexican Anthem all you want, US is the true global bully.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 AM

556 posts, read 478,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
In my neighborhood here in the midwest, I've noticed that the newer neighbors (many flying mexican flags) always park their vehicles in front of other houses of their non-immigrant neighbors. I thought it odd because they could use the driveway or park in front of their own house.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a common practice across the US and what is the purpose? Is it to stake a symbolic claim, shade their vehicle, detour ICE from their real address? I'd love to know.
Tell them to get their junk out of your area and keep it out. I had someone do this to me once and I got out my tow strap and hooked it up to my Land Cruiser and towed their car off about a block down the street from where they parked it, in MY drive. Yes their car was parked, park engaged in the transmission and their tires squealed all the way down the street. No, I don't care if their crap got damaged or not. I didn't have any more problems after that however.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:31 AM
Yac

5,875 posts, read 6,298,527 times
This thread is pointless, if you really need to attack each other, find somewhere else to do it.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or