U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:54 PM

12,620 posts, read 17,684,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
if I could find the picture I would post it (yes I had to get shots), I will keep looking, we moved twice since then and I cant remember where I put it!!!

I was actually just watching Lou Dobbs, and what they reported was making me really mad, I had to turn it off!!! I started yelling at the tv!! Our government is so fu**ed up, they now say the dems are pandering to illegals and illegals are suing the goverment for the raids, I guess they feel "THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!!" have been violated!!!!!!!WTF
You sound like me....

Old 09-13-2007, 07:38 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Quote:
if I could find the picture I would post it (yes I had to get shots), I will keep looking, we moved twice since then and I cant remember where I put it!!!

I was actually just watching Lou Dobbs, and what they reported was making me really mad, I had to turn it off!!! I started yelling at the tv!! Our government is so fu**ed up, they now say the dems are pandering to illegals and illegals are suing the goverment for the raids, I guess they feel "THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!!" have been violated!!!!!!!WTF
I know. There's days when I can see how Elvis got so mad at some program that he shot his TV.

Old 09-14-2007, 02:42 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
yesterday, coming home from work, I had the right away...we were waiting for a light to turn green....to my right....there is a side road, a woman with a brand new honda oddessey, came out and kept edging toward the road...she was Mexican; and had several others in the car....she never looked up to the left to even see if I was going to let her in, she just moved her automobile, right into traffic....I cannot believe the lack of consideration and respect for others on their part....they just think, it's ok to butt in line? Not a big deal really, but shows their concept of disregard for eveyone else.....

Old 09-14-2007, 09:47 AM

13,047 posts, read 21,154,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I know. There's days when I can see how Elvis got so mad at some program that he shot his TV.
Remember the "TV Brick"? It was a brick-shaped sponge that you could buy to keep on your coffee table and use it to fling at the TV screen at the necessary time, so that you could vent your frustration and not break your TV in the process. It was something they advertised on TV (natch) back in the 70s or 80s. I could go for an arsenal of TV bricks, but instead I just avoid watching altogether.

And regarding the topic of this thread, I believe it is more of a class or cultural issue and not a race issue. Educated people are usually considerate of their own behavior and don't have vendettas to settle, like the jerk drug dealer cremebrulee described (I can relate).

Old 09-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yesterday, coming home from work, I had the right away...we were waiting for a light to turn green....to my right....there is a side road, a woman with a brand new honda oddessey, came out and kept edging toward the road...she was Mexican; and had several others in the car....she never looked up to the left to even see if I was going to let her in, she just moved her automobile, right into traffic....I cannot believe the lack of consideration and respect for others on their part....they just think, it's ok to butt in line? Not a big deal really, but shows their concept of disregard for eveyone else.....
You are right it is no big deal.

I underlined the 1st problem area and believe this to be the real problem.

The second problem area "mexican" I think has little to do with it.

Plus how can you tell it was a Mexican lady driving?
Do they have a sombrero on top of their car?
Could she have been an El Salvadorian? Columbian? Puerto Rican?

Old 09-14-2007, 09:57 AM

5,640 posts, read 16,924,254 times
My current neighbor did this - parked IN and blocking our driveway - his guests did this too and he would not tell them NOT to park there. Call the police and say they are illegally parked and have them towed. Problem solved.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:07 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
How is it illegal lovers ignore the same expereinces from so many different people? Denial? You can go back thousands of different posts and bad experiences from all over are listed. yet, it is rare behavior? yea right

Old 09-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Quote:
How is it illegal lovers ignore the same expereinces from so many different people? Denial? You can go back thousands of different posts and bad experiences from all over are listed. yet, it is rare behavior? yea right
I am more of a racist hater than an illegal lover.

I think most people on this forum automatically assume everyone with brown skin and a family is Mexican. That is racist as hell.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:27 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I am more of a racist hater than an illegal lover.

I think most people on this forum automatically assume everyone with brown skin and a family is Mexican. That is racist as hell.
Why? Something wrong with being a Mexican? Do all the different south and central americans hate each other? Do they take offense to being mistaken for Mexican? Do the Mexicans take offense for being mistaken for Cuban? Why?

So we call them Mexican, so what? we call them illegal, so what.
Yet we are called, Gringos, Gringa, crackers and many other choice phrases.And as you can view hear, many of us are harrassed with lovely advances Yet we are the racists because we dont want illegals? Thats the most idiotic thing I have heard. If anything they are more racist then we are. I have never called them anything other than hispanic, Mexican if I know they are or ILLEGAL which they are. None of which is RACIST.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:39 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You are right it is no big deal.

I underlined the 1st problem area and believe this to be the real problem.

The second problem area "mexican" I think has little to do with it.

Plus how can you tell it was a Mexican lady driving?
Do they have a sombrero on top of their car?
Could she have been an El Salvadorian? Columbian? Puerto Rican?

I know the women, she lives near me, she had two kids in the car, and a man, her hubby...that is how I know she is Mexican...she told me in a conversation she and I had, that they were from Mexico, and that they are illegals....and that they are very proud to be....and by the way, either she or her hubby work....????????

the point I was making is, she had a brand new car, and she didn't even car to look into oncoming traffic, she simply butted in line, and assumed everyone would not only allow her, but never cared to even look.

And by the way, I've waitressed for many many years....so I know different cultures, and I've met some very respectable ones who take pride in getting their citizenship and are respectable people....enjoyable, kind and caring....

they to, feel the same way about those who are here and taking advantage of our system...it is our fault as much as theirs....we've allowed ourselves to become victims....all to the sound of ca ching, ca ching

and if you think we are lying, then I dare you to go live amongst those who are illegal illegals...and see how great they are to have for neighbors....they are ruthless, and their own kind fear them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or