U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:35 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times

Advertisements

They are not victims, they are willing participants in this.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
Quote:
You say, you feel sorry for them....well, if you were open minded about it, you'd feel sorry for us to....maybe we're all wrong...in different ways, we all have to learn to live together....both sides are wrong....period.

Creme
Oh believe me I take blame for being part of this country, as all of you should too. I love America but this is capitalism true and true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
They are not victims, they are willing participants in this.
If you were getting paid 25x more here, wouldn't you be too?

Seriously going to work now..lol.. adios! Can anyone help me learn Mandarin Chinese, I need it for work on Software.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Oh believe me I take blame for being part of this country, as all of you should too. I love America but this is capitalism true and true.

If you were getting paid 25x more here, wouldn't you be too?

Seriously going to work lol now adios!
Not if I was going to be hurting others. See I have respect and a conscience

Old 09-14-2007, 01:02 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Not if I was going to be hurting others. See I have respect and a conscience
You've got that right. Some of us were brought up with true American values. We respect the law and others. I would no more take advantage of someone as I would cut off a leg. Soooo when I see myself and other good Americans taken advantage of it burns my %$#$! We are tired of being a doormat to people that don't give a damn about us or our country!

Old 09-14-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
You've got that right. Some of us were brought up with true American values. We respect the law and others. I would no more take advantage of someone as I would cut off a leg. Soooo when I see myself and other good Americans taken advantage of it burns my %$#$! We are tired of being a doormat to people that don't give a damn about us or our country!
That is all fine, but you are blaming Mexicans and not the American capitalists that hire them. We shouldn't be talking about how Mexicans drive, we should be talking about the companies giving them money to buy a car.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:08 PM

Quote:
That is all fine, but you are blaming Mexicans and not the American capitalists that hire them. We shouldn't be talking about how Mexicans drive, we should be talking about the companies giving them money to buy a car.
We should be doing both. No one is making them drive that car. there are not innocent in any of this, they know how to use and abuse the system.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:38 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
Let's leave the capitalists out of this for a moment. What 'job' is some 8 months pregnant Mexican citizen inexorably drawn to when she crosses the border illegally to have an anchor baby in a US hospital?

Old 09-14-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Let's leave the capitalists out of this for a moment. What 'job' is some 8 months pregnant Mexican citizen inexorably drawn to when she crosses the border illegally to have an anchor baby in a US hospital?
You're telling me that doesn't happen with Brittons, Irish, Brazilians, Chinese?
I have met many UK and Irish that have done this, also come here looking for a man to marry...

It just so happens Mexico is right next door so it occurs more often. This happens in NYC all the time. You are just picking on the poor and poverished.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,710,869 times
Quote:
You're telling me that doesn't happen with Brittons, Irish, Brazilians, Chinese?
I have met many UK and Irish that have done this, also come here looking for a man to marry...

It just so happens Mexico is right next door so it happens more often.
No, you just got done blaming American capitalists for illegal aliens from Mexico being in the US, did you not? What 'job' is a pregnant illegal who crosses the border looking for? How is it American capitalists 'fault' that she is here?

Old 09-14-2007, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
No, you just got done blaming American capitalists for illegal aliens from Mexico being in the US, did you not? What 'job' is a pregnant illegal who crosses the border looking for? How is it American capitalists 'fault' that she is here?
And I countered, how is that any different from another race coming here to have a baby illegally (well but legal)?

You switch context, I counter, simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or