U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 AM

13 posts, read 31,768 times

Advertisements

Deported to Mexico, a father awaits custody hearing - latimes.com

Marie has told Felipe she wants to join him in Tamaulipas. But he has doubts. Through all of her many struggles, there's been an American safety net to catch her when she fell. "They don't give you nothing for free over here," he said of Mexico. "I don't think she'd last here for two or three days."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeRoberts View Post
Deported to Mexico, a father awaits custody hearing - latimes.com

Marie has told Felipe she wants to join him in Tamaulipas. But he has doubts. Through all of her many struggles, there's been an American safety net to catch her when she fell. "They don't give you nothing for free over here," he said of Mexico. "I don't think she'd last here for two or three days."
Take the kids away and adopt them out to American families. Neither parent is any good. The mom's a nut case and the father's an illegal alien.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:50 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
I see absolutely no reason not to let the father have his kids. Supposedly life in rural Mexico produces a superior kind of worker, and the family values are much boasted of. Money isn't everything.

The mother is a basket case who lost custody of her other child, the father is willing to work to provide for them, he's a much better example.

I really can't see why custody would be denied to a parent simply because they are back in their own country.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:33 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I see absolutely no reason not to let the father have his kids. Supposedly life in rural Mexico produces a superior kind of worker, and the family values are much boasted of. Money isn't everything.

The mother is a basket case who lost custody of her other child, the father is willing to work to provide for them, he's a much better example.

I really can't see why custody would be denied to a parent simply because they are back in their own country.
All perfectly valid points. In fact I would ass just 1 more. According to some the USA is a very bad influence on the children of illegals. In fact some claim illeagals lower our crime. Mexico acctounts for over half of all illegals. Mexico must be the most safe country on earth.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Take the kids away and adopt them out to American families. Neither parent is any good. The mom's a nut case and the father's an illegal alien.

I agree, after all if the father would have never been here in the 1st place, then those children would have never been born. adopting them out if the mother is found unfit by a court is the right thing to do.

he says that he has no criminal record, well he was here illegally and that sounds like a criminal to me.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:25 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
The kids should be given to their fsther. If left here, chances are they won't be adopted, but end up in foster care. Why is it when someone is deported, and they choose to leave their children behind, we're 'tearing families apart,' but in this case, which would more readily fit that description, it's ok?

Old 04-03-2012, 09:48 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
The kids should be given to their fsther. If left here, chances are they won't be adopted, but end up in foster care. Why is it when someone is deported, and they choose to leave their children behind, we're 'tearing families apart,' but in this case, which would more readily fit that description, it's ok?

guess you did not read the story? the foster parents are the ones wanting to adopt them.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
guess you did not read the story? the foster parents are the ones wanting to adopt them.
That complicates the case. It depends on how bonded the kids have become to their foster parents and the reasons the illegal didn't take the kids home with him in the first place.

If an illegal lays around 3 or 4 years before deciding he wants his kids, then it is different. Or if an illegal had the choice of voluntary departure and took it versus choosing to fight a deportation and have the kids end up in foster care it should make a difference in the case.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:54 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
No, I didn't read that, only that the mother is unfit, and their father is fighting to gain custody. I'm still in favor of the father having them. Think back to when you were young. Would you rather move to another country with your parent, or stay behind to be adopted? When they become of age, they can return to this country if they want to. I'm in favor of all illegal aliens taking their children with them when they get deported, unless there's child abuse involved.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:46 PM

Also, the father knew he could be deported and that his kids could be taken from him and didn't make any effort to return home before that happened. Illegals can choose to take their families home with them rather than wait until they are caught and then deported which often means the kids go to foster homes and the illegal to a INS holding center. They do have a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration