Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times

Advertisements

No, it's after April Fools Day:

Quote:
...Lopez was an illegal immigrant who left the U.S. voluntarily in 2008. He's in the process of getting his green card so he can rejoin his wife in Shenandoah... (http://azdailysun.com/news/national/man-denied-entry-to-us-from-mexico-to-bury-son/article_84d66c3d-38e1-5a32-bab9-bd1f8c39fe60.html - broken link)
Should that have been allowed?...

Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
our INS is pathetic. political stooge 100%.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
our INS is pathetic. political stooge 100%.
Yeah, nowadays they call it USCIS, or were YOu talking about the Border Patrol?...

Old 04-02-2012, 12:50 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
No, it's after April Fools Day:

Should that have been allowed?...
Sure! It was done legally. Why not!?

Old 04-02-2012, 02:46 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
It was granted by HLS, so it was legal. I just wonder if he will return to Mexico. Highly doubt he's going to be monitored 24/7.

I do have a couple of questions.

Quote:
An immigration lawyer says a Mexican man will be allowed to enter the United States to bury his 10-year-old son, a U.S. citizen who died in a house fire in northeastern Pennsylvania.
Fidelmar "Fidel" Merlos-Lopez initially was barred entry into the country. But his Philadelphia-based lawyer, Elizabeth Surin, says her client was issued a humanitarian parole to attend the funeral.
Quote:
She said early Sunday that Lopez was on a plane bound for Pennsylvania.
Lopez's son, Damien Lopez, died Tuesday in a Shenandoah row house fire along with his cousin, aunt and 7-month-old half-brother. The funeral is set for Monday.
His son, 10 years old died in the fire along with his half-brother, who was 7 months old.

Quote:
Lopez was an illegal immigrant who left the U.S. voluntarily in 2008. He's in the process of getting his green card so he can rejoin his wife in Shenandoah.
What were the circumstances that he left "voluntarily"? He left the US in 2008, so how many years does it take to get a green card, especially when it appears he has a lawyer in the US assisting him?

This: He's applying for a green card so that he can join his wife and the 7 month old son that she, and it's safe to assume, had with another man? I wonder if his wife is legal, or was it just her children? If the wife isn't legal, would the absence of Fidel's son, who more than likely was a US citizen, disqualify the father from getting a green card as I'm sure the child's status would have something to do with his application?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
It was granted by HLS, so it was legal. I just wonder if he will return to Mexico. Highly doubt he's going to be monitored 24/7...
Of course you (there is a reason to state it that way, which may come out) understand that he is probably not going to ruin his chances of legal residency now?...

Quote:
...I do have a couple of questions.

His son, 10 years old died in the fire along with his half-brother, who was 7 months old.

What were the circumstances that he left "voluntarily"? He left the US in 2008, so how many years does it take to get a green card, especially when it appears he has a lawyer in the US assisting him?

This: He's applying for a green card so that he can join his wife and the 7 month old son that she, and it's safe to assume, had with another man? I wonder if his wife is legal, or was it just her children? If the wife isn't legal, would the absence of Fidel's son, who more than likely was a US citizen, disqualify the father from getting a green card as I'm sure the child's status would have something to do with his application?
Nope. The most likely scenario is an I-601 waiver, in which he has to leave the United States at some point to process at the U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez. It doesn't even mean that he was caught or deported.

To further clarify, his wife has to be a U.S. citizen. How do I know? Because the I-601 requires it. He would have not gained any ability to legalize from a minor U.S. citizen child (I-601s are required to almost always come from a U.S. citizen spouse).

He would perhaps be serving out a ban or awaiting Consulate processing. The hardship to his wife is even higher now, losing two of her children tragically like that. If the father had been here, would those two U.S. citizens maybe had a different fate to be alive?

The one assumption I am making since it was Shenandoah, is that the investigators better be able to determine the cause of the fire...

In that particular area there has been some previous "reactions" to Hispanics living among the populace...

Old 04-02-2012, 11:19 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
It was granted by HLS, so it was legal. I just wonder if he will return to Mexico. Highly doubt he's going to be monitored 24/7.

I do have a couple of questions.

A huge bond would help to enforce that.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,342 times
I thought the April Fools joke was in the spelling within the title: Goverinment allowes illeagle mexican to re-inter US...
Government allows illegal Mexican to re-enter US...

Old 04-02-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I thought the April Fools joke was in the spelling within the title: Goverinment allowes illeagle mexican to re-inter US...
Government allows illegal Mexican to re-enter US...
Yeah, just following the convention here...

It really has no bearing on participation when someone misspells words, they wouldn't be banned for it (would they?)...

I would die to hear what happened to Eric however...

Old 04-02-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A huge bond would help to enforce that.
And the fact that he is trying to fly right to gain his legal residency...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration