U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM

3 posts, read 3,619 times

Advertisements

They neeed to pass this law in oklahoma to other states! If not, the illegal immigrants will just travel to other states. and its not solving our problems. What i'm thinking, they should bust ALL the illegal immigrants and send them on a one way ticket back to mexico, or where ever they came from. This is beyond ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 02:47 PM

14,583 posts, read 7,547,957 times
Kind of makes me think of that game "whack a mole"

Old 10-15-2007, 03:49 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,708,986 times
Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
I wonder what is happening to the legal hispanics. How are they being treated in Oklahoma?
well if they are legal they will be treated no different than anyone else? When asked if your legal and to prove it just do it...not a whole lot different than being pulled over and being asked for your license. I myself wouldnt have an issue with it but then again Im legal...

Old 10-15-2007, 08:00 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,997,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, Texas had better get off its butt and pass some decent anti-illegal immigration laws. If people are fleeing Oklahoma over this, they'll likely come here, as if we don't have enough!
Yeah, no joke.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:39 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,173,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
I am sure they are treated with dignity. You get stopped, you are asked if you are a citizen, you show your proof and life goes on......easy. When I lived in Canada I was asked twice by an officer if I was a citizen and did I have my papers. I showed him my papers and all was well. What is the problem with acting lawful?
Easy for you to say because your not Hispanic. I would get pretty pissed off if I was there and getting stopped left and right declaring my citizenship. So no, life wouldn't go on peacefully.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,061,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Easy for you to say because your not Hispanic. I would get pretty pissed off if I was there and getting stopped left and right declaring my citizenship. So no, life wouldn't go on peacefully.

When I lived in Canada they could have questioned me any time and as many times if I was in Canada legally and it would not have bothered me at all. I understand a country's right to make sure that their borders are secure. Then again I do not have a problem obeying laws.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,167,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, Texas had better get off its butt and pass some decent anti-illegal immigration laws. If people are fleeing Oklahoma over this, they'll likely come here, as if we don't have enough!
Yeah right, pretty much all of Texas is haven for illegals. They'll all be coming here, but it'll never be anything said nor noted in the news media

Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,173,708 times
The way things are, if the all states passed similar laws there could be some problems.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:27 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,167,840 times
Quote:
The way things are, if the all states passed similar laws there could be some problems.
Such as?

Old 10-15-2007, 10:05 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,061,566 times
Quote:

There will be problems for the illegal immigrants and the problems will be solved for the American citizens and legal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or