Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:14 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times

Advertisements

I suspected as much and if he wins I suspect the GOP will go along to staunch the Hispanic erosion of support. It is very crucial that Obama is defeated in September if we want to prevent another amnesty.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/...ration.html?hp

Quote:
Pressed on whether he would promise to move forward on immigration reform quickly if he gets re-elected, Obama blamed Republicans for the inaction so far and added, "I can promise that I will try to do it in the first year of my second term. I want to try this year."

Obama enjoys a big advantage with Latino voters, who tend to favor Democratic candidates and backed him by a margin of two-to-one in his 2008 race against Republican John McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 11:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
It's all about the North American Union, and the destruction of the USA, the Constitution and of course the ultra cheap labor for the Obama big money donors.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:33 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
As will Romney and all presidents after Obama. Reagan and Bush gave amnesty. Where were your protests then?

Old 04-14-2012, 12:00 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,926,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's all about the North American Union, and the destruction of the USA, the Constitution and of course the ultra cheap labor for the Obama big money donors.
Worth repeating!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Exactly what all the emails sent to me This past week have stated, the destruction of this Country at the hands of the King Obama.

Yes i forwarded them on to 500 people who i knew care about this Country, and they too forwared them on. Within an hour within 60,000 viewes had already looked at these letters, and too past them on.

Think he has our best interest at heart, don't let the act fool you.
He wants to change the course of this Country as we know it. And you people who can't see it, deserve for this to happen.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:59 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I suspected as much and if he wins I suspect the GOP will go along to staunch the Hispanic erosion of support. It is very crucial that Obama is defeated in September if we want to prevent another amnesty.

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/...ration.html?hp
Hispanics would have to be pretty gullible to believe him once again. He can't do anything without congress' approval anyway. The House is controlled by the Republicans and I wouldn't be surprised if they will control the Senate also. The best Obama could do is initiate another smaller back door amnesty as he has done this year. Blanket amnesty? Never!

Old 04-14-2012, 03:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
As will Romney and all presidents after Obama. Reagan and Bush gave amnesty. Where were your protests then?
I seriously doubt if Romney becomes president that he will seek another amnesty. So you are merely speculating that he will change his present position on this. Reagan lived to regret his amnesty and there were only 3 million that were given amnesty at that time. We have at least quadruple that number now. Bush gave an amnesty? First I ever heard that one. Got a link to that?

Old 04-15-2012, 03:29 AM

475 posts, read 507,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I Bush gave an amnesty? First I ever heard that one. Got a link to that?
Bush wanted to do it but the people of his own party didnt let him. The only good thing Bush wanted to do was give amnest to the illegals but he wasnt sucessuful.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:30 AM

475 posts, read 507,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yeah, because Republicans dont hire illegals... Who are you trying to fool ?

Old 04-15-2012, 03:43 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marce30 View Post
Bush wanted to do it but the people of his own party didnt let him. The only good thing Bush wanted to do was give amnest to the illegals but he wasnt sucessuful.
It wasn't just Republicans who stopped Bush's amnesty plan. Many Dmocrats were against it too. So many people called their senators and representatives in oposition, they shut down the Capitol switchboard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration