U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:31 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,892,295 times

Advertisements

We're a country of laws Speedy. I read a great analogy posted by someone here that really fit. If your house were invaded by a stranger who entered your home uninvited through a window by breaking in, then demanded that you allow him or her to live in your house, demanded you supply him or her with benefits like health care and education, and demanded you pay for it, how would you feel if you placed a call to Senator McCain who was elected to uphold the laws and your rights as a citizen and his response was: "well, I support making that person legal in your house and giving him or her amnesty and you have to support it."? The question isn't about immigration and a melting pot, it's about illegal 'migration' that breaks our laws without redress by our elected officials. You apparently are for open borders and the disregard for the rule of law, but that's a slippery slope Speedy. I am not, and will vote in November accordingly.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:45 PM

311 posts, read 549,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
We're a country of laws Speedy. I read a great analogy posted by someone here that really fit. If your house were invaded by a stranger who entered your home uninvited through a window by breaking in, then demanded that you allow him or her to live in your house, demanded you supply him or her with benefits like health care and education, and demanded you pay for it, how would you feel if you placed a call to Senator McCain who was elected to uphold the laws and your rights as a citizen and his response was: "well, I support making that person legal in your house and giving him or her amnesty and you have to support it."? The question isn't about immigration and a melting pot, it's about illegal 'migration' that breaks our laws without redress by our elected officials. You apparently are for open borders and the disregard for the rule of law, but that's a slippery slope Speedy. I am not, and will vote in November accordingly.
MoMark, I read that analogy also and thought it was a great example. I like the term "illegal migration"....that is a much better description!!! I must say, I think your post will rate "positive" with me.

Could you please explain to me why so many people bypass the word ILLEGAL and start pointing fingers at everything else except the person(s) who come here ILLEGALLY? I have yet to figure that one out!

Old 09-19-2006, 03:20 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,784,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
MoMark, I read that analogy also and thought it was a great example. I like the term "illegal migration"....that is a much better description!!! I must say, I think your post will rate "positive" with me.

Could you please explain to me why so many people bypass the word ILLEGAL and start pointing fingers at everything else except the person(s) who come here ILLEGALLY? I have yet to figure that one out!

I agree Whitney like I always do with you, but I'd like to also blame the Mexican government for this also and our Government for allowing this. As far as the Corporations are concerned they should be held accountable for hiring these people. When the jobs for them dry up maybe they will stop coming.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
I agree Whitney like I always do with you, but I'd like to also blame the Mexican government for this also and our Government for allowing this. As far as the Corporations are concerned they should be held accountable for hiring these people. When the jobs for them dry up maybe they will stop coming.
and I usually agree with you, a1m1700 BUT would you stop coming to the land of milk and honey if there were no jobs? Would the good old US of A turn their back on hungry, down-in-their-luck, uneducated people? (add ILLEGAL in there also) I think not!

And I do agree that corporations should be held accountable, that both US and Mexican government should be held accountable as well. Lets do our best at the polls, shall we?

I like MoMark's "illegal migration" didn't you?

Old 09-19-2006, 11:25 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,784,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
and I usually agree with you, a1m1700 BUT would you stop coming to the land of milk and honey if there were no jobs? Would the good old US of A turn their back on hungry, down-in-their-luck, uneducated people? (add ILLEGAL in there also) I think not!

And I do agree that corporations should be held accountable, that both US and Mexican government should be held accountable as well. Lets do our best at the polls, shall we?

I like MoMark's "illegal migration" didn't you?

That's true we never turn out back on anyone, The President is saying we need these folks to come here and do the jobs American won't do. Doesn't that mean our unemployment rate should be zero? Why do we have these people sitting home all day living off our government? These should be the people that need to do the jobs Americans won't do.

Now before the bleeding hearted liberals start that deep thinking bull again, I'm not talking about people that can't help themselves like the sick or handicapped. I'm talking about all the others that sit home doing nothing, or smoking crack and having baby after baby. It's time for some personal responsibilty on their part.

Thanks Whitney good point.

Old 09-20-2006, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
That's true we never turn out back on anyone, The President is saying we need these folks to come here and do the jobs American won't do. Doesn't that mean our unemployment rate should be zero? Why do we have these people sitting home all day living off our government? These should be the people that need to do the jobs Americans won't do.

Now before the bleeding hearted liberals start that deep thinking bull again, I'm not talking about people that can't help themselves like the sick or handicapped. I'm talking about all the others that sit home doing nothing, or smoking crack and having baby after baby. It's time for some personal responsibilty on their part.

Thanks Whitney good point.
Are we related???

Old 03-16-2008, 07:50 PM

451 posts, read 235,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
The 62 senators who voted FOR Senate amnesty bill (S.2611):
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brownback (R-KS)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carper (D-DE)
Chafee (R-RI)
Clinton (D-NY)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Craig (R-ID)
Dayton (D-MN)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dodd (D-CT)
Domenici (R-NM)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Frist (R-TN)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Obama (D-IL)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stevens (R-AK)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)
Wyden (D-OR)
The 71 Senators who voted AGAINST funding a border fence:

Akaka (D-HI)
Alexander (R-TN)
Allard (R-CO)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Bennett (R-UT)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Bond (R-MO)
Boxer (D-CA)
Byrd (D-WV)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Chafee (R-RI)
Clinton (D-NY)
Cochran (R-MS)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Dayton (D-MN)
Dodd (D-CT)
Domenici (R-NM)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Frist (R-TN)
Frist (R-TN)
Graham (R-SC)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hagel (R-NE)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
McConnell (R-KY)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Obama (D-IL)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Stevens (R-AK)
Sununu (R-NH)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)
Wyden (D-OR)

If you are a voter who's registered and serious about stopping illegal migration....the choice in November seems pretty clear.
We can talk and whine all we want, but our elected officials have the final
say, and it doesn't seem that they want to do much about undocumented workers for a long time, face the reality they represent the voice of the majorities, the small insignificant extreme right wing will never get the support of the masses, sorry guys.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:15 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Well, if they are granted amnesty, looks like they will be legal. But the Hispanics I have talked to say they want Hillary because they want amnesty, maybe for their realitives.
Sassy

Old 03-16-2008, 08:17 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Well, if they are granted amnesty, looks like they will be legal. But the Hispanics I have talked to say they want Hillary because they want amnesty, maybe for their realitives.
Sassy
That I do believe------hence in part what is keeping Obama in the Democrat Primary.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,733,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That I do believe------hence in part what is keeping Obama in the Democrat Primary.
I have no idea unless they think a woman would be more benevolent, I myself cannot stand her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or