U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:36 PM

263 posts, read 357,060 times

Advertisements

If they came here illegal, send them back, kids and parents. If they came here legally, they are citizens.

Criminals are put behind bars for breaking the law. Why should they be exception to the rule?
Let there government take care of them.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:37 PM

402 posts, read 943,412 times
I have been working on my families Genealogy for several years and continue to find more and more information about my family line.
grammy164 said..........
Quote:
Speedy--yes, America is the melting pot--the problem is the pot is melting over.
Yes, we are all children of immigrants. The difference is that those immigrants came here legally (key word) to be Americans (speak the language, follow the laws, work hard and pay their own way). Yes, God asks us not to judge others, but God also has laws (the ten commandments) and he expects those laws to be followed, just as we expect ours to be followed.
I have to disagree with you about being a child of an immigrant. It's true that some of my Ancestor's on both my mom and my dad's families came here from Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England as far back as the 1600's, however after they came here their children and other more recent generations who were born here are not immigrants. They were all citizens of this country. I may be a product of an immigrant from looooog ago but many, many related families were born and died since the 1600's. I am also more American Indian than any other heritage. This is my home land. It (my home)is Not the lands my Ancient ancestor's came from.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:23 PM

1,268 posts, read 832,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
I have been working on my families Genealogy for several years and continue to find more and more information about my family line.
grammy164 said..........

I have to disagree with you about being a child of an immigrant. It's true that some of my Ancestor's on both my mom and my dad's families came here from Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England as far back as the 1600's, however after they came here their children and other more recent generations who were born here are not immigrants. They were all citizens of this country. I may be a product of an immigrant from looooog ago but many, many related families were born and died since the 1600's. I am also more American Indian than any other heritage. This is my home land. It (my home)is Not the lands my Ancient ancestor's came from.
What about if they said that we are all children of immigrant ancestors? Even Native Americans are immigrants

Old 03-16-2008, 11:32 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,872,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
What about if they said that we are all children of immigrant ancestors? Even Native Americans are immigrants
Oh; hell, you had to let the cat out of the bag--------we are all descended from Africa-------60K years ago!

Old 03-17-2008, 03:01 PM

402 posts, read 943,412 times
This is off subject and I probably shouldn't even respond but..........j

Quote:

And your point is? You could go on and on forever with what if's.. The point is, There have been generations and generations of people come and gone since the first immigrants came to the shores of America.... Those born after that were NOT immigrants they/we are all citizens..... or.......is that distinction only reserved for todays "Anchor Babies"?

Old 03-17-2008, 03:11 PM

13,138 posts, read 21,384,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barinnas View Post
We can talk and whine all we want, but our elected officials have the final
say, and it doesn't seem that they want to do much about undocumented workers for a long time, face the reality they represent the voice of the majorities, the small insignificant extreme right wing will never get the support of the masses, sorry guys.
Apparently you are new on C-D - MoMark passed away some time ago unfortunately (we all miss him much). This is one of the reasons I don't understand why people are resurrecting old threads and responding to an OP who is either no longer a member, or in this case, has found greener pastures.

RIP MoMark.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:19 PM

451 posts, read 239,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Apparently you are new on C-D - MoMark passed away some time ago unfortunately (we all miss him much). This is one of the reasons I don't understand why people are resurrecting old threads and responding to an OP who is either no longer a member, or in this case, has found greener pastures.

RIP MoMark.
The post has renewed relevance

Old 03-24-2008, 03:07 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,136,100 times
Topic is voting in the 2006 election due to concerns of about a Senate Bill that was over a year and half ago. There are current issues to discuss and this one has long run it's course as no current discussions reflect back to the OP. Thanks for participating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or