Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 06:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,570,473 times

Advertisements

And what's even sadder is that the administration will claim that we get something for all the big money we must give Homeland Security -- yet young children can easily cross the border and more than ever are now doing so.

If a 12 year old can travel all the way up from Honduras and make it to the USA, how can they claim a 30 year old terrorist couldn't do the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 06:18 PM

11,185 posts, read 10,963,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Nothing like our tax dollars at work providing everything illegal aliens need.
To get a job with the Department of Human Services (DHS) in Oregon, and I'm sure in most states, it is almost always a mandatory requirement that the applicant is billingual (and when I say billingual, I mean spanish and english). This is rediculous. No wonder they have no care to learn English. Ever wonder why they don't require any other language skills from applicants?

Heck, when you go into any ER in the U.S., there are a bunch of signs written in spanish. Loosely translated, they state "We cannot refuse you service if you have a medical emergency or are in labor if you don't have health insurance. Once you are all done here, we will happily make sure your bill ends up in the hands of a capable taxpaying citizen. Come one, come all!".

Our system is a complete joke.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:41 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,731,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What's even sadder...15/16 year old illegal kids having kids themselves and their families then getting government assistance...grandma, mom and the new citizen baby.

And our public schools provide daycare for the student's babies and help them apply for government programs. But not being 17 yet the parents have to sign papers permitting this.

I have seen 2 instances of this in one inner city school I was at. Had I stayed there a bit longer I might have seen more. And the kids are quite open about it and know the system. These are 15 year old kids still in middle school.
Let's not forget those free breakfasts and lunches. It is simply mind boggling that our government undoubtedly has a vested interest in the destruction of America.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:44 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,731,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
To get a job with the Department of Human Services (DHS) in Oregon, and I'm sure in most states, it is almost always a mandatory requirement that the applicant is billingual (and when I say billingual, I mean spanish and english). This is rediculous. No wonder they have no care to learn English. Ever wonder why they don't require any other language skills from applicants?

Heck, when you go into any ER in the U.S., there are a bunch of signs written in spanish. Loosely translated, they state "We cannot refuse you service if you have a medical emergency or are in labor if you don't have health insurance. Once you are all done here, we will happily make sure your bill ends up in the hands of a capable taxpaying citizen. Come one, come all!".

Our system is a complete joke.
Actually, it's not the system it's the career politicians with their hands in our pockets and those of the corporate crooks.

It is long past time for a legitimate 3rd party and term limits.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:06 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Let's not forget those free breakfasts and lunches. It is simply mind boggling that our government undoubtedly has a vested interest in the destruction of America.
Free and reduced-cost school meals are leading to the destruction of America?...

The USDA is even in on the conspiracy!...

Old 04-21-2012, 09:20 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,862,525 times
I just returned from a month long stay in San Antonio. My daughter is in the Air Force there. She has been being stalked and could no longer be in her home alone because she was afraid for her safety and that of her children.

After a month of red tape, it was finally decided she could move onto the base in base housing...as soon as a house was available.

You have NO IDEA how pi$$ed I am right now. It wasn't Lackland Air base, but my daughter wasn't offered Lackland as a commute option either.

Hell in a handbasket.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Free and reduced-cost school meals are leading to the destruction of America?...

The USDA is even in on the conspiracy!...

Is there any program out there that could possibly be illiminated that wouldn't raise the ire of the far left? Maybe we should throw housing into the mix as well as babysitting and no one would ever have to leave the classroom. But then the parents wouldn't be able to get the FOOD STAMPS that are supposed to be feeding the CHILDREN!!!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:36 PM

I forgot to add....Rant Off/

Old 04-21-2012, 10:17 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I just returned from a month long stay in San Antonio. My daughter is in the Air Force there. She has been being stalked and could no longer be in her home alone because she was afraid for her safety and that of her children.

After a month of red tape, it was finally decided she could move onto the base in base housing...as soon as a house was available.

You have NO IDEA how pi$$ed I am right now. It wasn't Lackland Air base, but my daughter wasn't offered Lackland as a commute option either.

Hell in a handbasket.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but they wouldn't have put her in a "1,000 student dorm"...

Placing the kids there makes sense, with the military "draw-downs" happening...

Old 04-21-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles, but they wouldn't have put her in a "1,000 student dorm"...

Placing the kids there makes sense, with the military "draw-downs" happening...

And may I ask why not?

There are currently 100 illegal aliens on a US military base in a housing unit for 1000 people.

But they couldn't find room for my daughter and her two children when she is active duty military and in danger? Do you understand that she was in danger and needed ANY place to stay?

Maybe it is just late or maybe I'm just frustrated with the red tape BS I've just been through but if it's not too much trouble, would you PLEASE explain to me how this makes sense to you?

I wish someone could also explain to me why as an active duty military member my daughter wasn't able to go to a party in Laredo in honor of her good friend that just returned from Afghanistan? It seems our military are not allowed to go within 50 miles of the border of the country they are fighting for unless they are visiting family because it is too dangerous.

Anyone? Please? Am I losing it here? Please look at my user name.

Have these people that have apparently been determined to be here illegally been checked out before being allowed to live free on a military installation? Isn't Lackland the base that was found to have let several people here on expired VISAs just walk away into the populace after training them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration