U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Status: ""My dad is better than your dad" - City vs City Forum" (set 18 days ago)

5,961 posts, read 3,549,778 times

Advertisements

Citing everything from a weakened US job market, to immigration enforcement, to improved economic conditions in Mexico, Pew Research Center reports there are now fewer illegal immigrants entering the US than leaving.

http://www.pewhispanic.org/files/201...-Migration.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:21 PM

7,779 posts, read 3,284,831 times
just an article written for political reasons.
They don't want to deal with the border.
Don't want to kick illegals and residents off the dole.
Don't want to make people play by the law.

Let them go back to their own paradise.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-24-2012 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: language

Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 PM

20,198 posts, read 11,330,488 times
Now just how can they possibly know? Its not like illegals check in or out. This is what you call a blivit. 10 pounds of BS in a 5 pound sack. Show me the hard evidence, not guesses, not assumptions and certainly not the political agenda.
Here is the absolute reality folks.
1. They have no idea how many illegals are in this country. None no clue.
2. They have no idea how many self deported.
3. They refuse to allow schools or hospitals to even attempt to track any such data. They being the fed.
So how can they even make a half assed guess as to how many are here or are coming here or leaving here when none of them check in. The only actual numbers they have are those who are caught.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Status: ""My dad is better than your dad" - City vs City Forum" (set 18 days ago)

5,961 posts, read 3,549,778 times
So basically it's not true because you don't want to believe it? I suggest you two actually read the periodical.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 PM

8,098 posts, read 10,027,442 times
I believe it. The boom is over.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:41 PM

8,098 posts, read 10,027,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
So basically it's not true because you don't want to believe it? I suggest you two actually read the periodical.
No doubt, it cites many resources:

Quote:
The report draws on numerous data sources from both Mexico and the U.S. The principal Mexican data sources are the Mexican decennial censuses (Censos de Población y Vivienda) of 1990, 2000 and 2010; the Mexican Population Count (Conteos de Población y Vivienda) of 2005; the Survey of Migration in the Northern Border of Mexico (la Encuesta sobre Migracíon en la Frontera Norte de México or EMIF-Norte); the Survey of Demographic Dynamics of 2006 and 2009 (Encuesta Nacional de Dinámica Demográfica or ENADID); and the Survey of Occupation and Employment for 2005-2011 (Encuesta Nacional de Ocupación y Empleo or ENOE). The principal U.S. data sources are the Census Bureau’s Current Population Survey (CPS) monthly data for 1994 to 2012; the CPS Annual Social and Economic Supplement conducted in March for 1994 to 2011; the American Community Survey (ACS) for 2005-2010; U.S. Censuses from 1850 to 2000; U.S. Border Patrol data on apprehensions at the U.S.- Mexico border; and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Office of Immigration Statistics on legal admissions to the U.S. and aliens removed or returned. The report also uses data from the World Bank and the United Nations Population Division.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:01 PM

160 posts, read 93,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I believe it. The boom is over.
If people are not entering the country illegally, especially when a Democrat is in power, they will have less of a reason to complain about Latinos.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:21 PM

11,539 posts, read 9,759,107 times
The fertility rate in Mexico has dropped to 1.9. In the future, they'll need their own people, and to prevent a scarcity of labor, Mexico will do everything in their power to prevent them from leaving and going to countries that will eventually need them badly, like China, Japan or Russia and the U.S.

Yes, I can see it now, the Mexico building a wall on the Mexican side to prevent them from escaping!

Old 04-23-2012, 10:40 PM

47,586 posts, read 35,415,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Bull****, just an article written for political reasons.
They don't want to deal with the border.
Don't want to kick illegals and residents off the dole.
Don't want to make people play by the law.

Let them go back to their own paradise.
Juarez was a city with over a million people and over a fourth of them have fled Juarez --- just one city has contributed to more than a quarter million people in just a very short time and they're still pouring over the border faster than the Obama administration apparently can count them.

There have been a number of vehicle crashes with 12, 17 people crammed into SUV's or vans -- and you know that hundreds are coming over without crashing.

I say it's just political posturing also -- why would illegals not be coming to take up Obama's big offer of amnesty and of course the dream act he's also promising them?

When Popo's lava starts flowing, you can expect pretty much all the people from that region over here in just hours.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:23 PM

9,184 posts, read 3,093,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The fertility rate in Mexico has dropped to 1.9. In the future, they'll need their own people, and to prevent a scarcity of labor, Mexico will do everything in their power to prevent them from leaving and going to countries that will eventually need them badly, like China, Japan or Russia and the U.S.

Yes, I can see it now, the Mexico building a wall on the Mexican side to prevent them from escaping!
WE'd probably help build that wall. LOL The US is still a pretty decent place and I'm quite sure we'll get more legal aliens from other places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration