U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:11 PM

2,092 posts, read 948,846 times
This is just embarassing. Let Mexico just make our decisions because look at their country, its much better off than the Us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 AM

3,522 posts, read 2,610,367 times
Not a wise move politically for Mexico. Have heard reports that a few of the Justices are irritated by Mexico's meddling in our affairs. When Calderon criticized Arizona in his May 2010 address to Congress there was quite a backlash, and that may be repeated by Mexican whining about having it's citizens being sent home.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:16 PM

1,333 posts, read 359,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Again why is a foreign country trying to sway & dictate our laws when there country holds the highest # of illegals?
Why does this surprise you? After all....when Vincdente Fox was President of Mexico he came here and did a tour where he spoke to the evils of stopping the flow of illegal immigrants to this country....and HE WAS ALLOWED TO DO SO....even PRAISED by the left wing idiots in this country.

Besides....when our own country clearly has a lack of leadership, it's pretty much an invitation for ANY foreign country to come in and influence us.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:29 PM

6,937 posts, read 3,167,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Why does this surprise you? After all....when Vincdente Fox was President of Mexico he came here and did a tour where he spoke to the evils of stopping the flow of illegal immigrants to this country....and HE WAS ALLOWED TO DO SO....even PRAISED by the left wing idiots in this country.

Besides....when our own country clearly has a lack of leadership, it's pretty much an invitation for ANY foreign country to come in and influence us.
The Fox Presidency was a principal proponent of forcing millions of Mexicans from the country, the result of which was the death march taking the lives of thousands.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:47 AM

1,333 posts, read 359,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The Fox Presidency was a principal proponent of forcing millions of Mexicans from the country, the result of which was the death march taking the lives of thousands.
I doubt any of that. While I KNOW that Fox encouraged his people to go to America, there was no 'death march'. That is some concocted ruse made up to make people here feel sympathetic to illegals coming here.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:25 PM

1,904 posts, read 866,098 times
Quote:
I doubt any of that. While I KNOW that Fox encouraged his people to go to America, there was no 'death march'. That is some concocted ruse made up to make people here feel sympathetic to illegals coming here.
Thats true, there was no "death march". That was just some BS thought up by
Bush & Fox to make illegal immigration more acceptable to the American public.

Mexico has no legal precident to tell the SCOTUS anything and really should
stay the hell out of any political decisions. That being said, I think Mexico is
being encouraged by the Obama administration. Obama & Calderon are so close they are almost holding hands.

If HB1070 is upheld and Obama loses in 2012, there will sure be a lot of crying
in Mexico.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 PM

6,937 posts, read 3,167,995 times
Quote:
Fox strongly encouraged out of work Mexicans to leave for the USA. His administration advertised routes through Mexican deserts into the USA. It placed water supplies in the desert along the route, in Mexico as a lure. Millions of people left during his administration as the result of the campaign. The supplies ran out and were not regularly resupplied. People died along the way in Mexico. Many died once inside the USA deserts before getting to safe haven. Deaths of illegals reached record proportions in the USA during the period. I view it as a form of genocide. The blood of those who perished is on the administration of Fox. Juan Hernandez headed the "get em out of Mexico" program.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:41 AM

8,091 posts, read 2,536,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Fox strongly encouraged out of work Mexicans to leave for the USA. His administration advertised routes through Mexican deserts into the USA. It placed water supplies in the desert along the route, in Mexico as a lure. Millions of people left during his administration as the result of the campaign. The supplies ran out and were not regularly resupplied. People died along the way in Mexico. Many died once inside the USA deserts before getting to safe haven. Deaths of illegals reached record proportions in the USA during the period. I view it as a form of genocide. The blood of those who perished is on the administration of Fox. Juan Hernandez headed the "get em out of Mexico" program.
I don't call that genocide. I doubt anybody held guns to the heads of those people trying to cross into the US where is was dangerous. If I tried that same thing and died; it'd be my fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration