U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:42 PM

537 posts, read 312,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by francej16 View Post
Indians? Illegal? LOL. what do they do swim across the ocean under cover of night????

that is such BS. Indians come here legally and the only thing they do that pisses me off is take jobs from the americans .. BUT they take those jobs legally.

Mexicans come under the cover of night walking through our desert and swimming across the Rio Grande pay no taxes, steal identities, under cut our jobs that americans need to survivor and mooch off our welfare system

Indians are welcome. ILLEGAL mexicans are not
NO, you are most certainly WRONG!!!! He is right when he says that East Indians are the fastest rising population of illegals these days.

Also, we, as Americans, son't want the East Indians either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 07:58 PM

114 posts, read 303,137 times
Talk to the people in Sacramento California

all races are not welcomed. has nothing to do w/race

Russians are a HUGE factor in Sacramento and they are terrible there. gangs, violence, disrespect. then on top of it all they get the easy business loans when other people cannot get it

People of Sacramento are frustrated with it

Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 PM

563 posts, read 1,569,850 times
Some illegal immigrants I can tolerate over others. Such as here in the Bronx, in one of the neighborhoods called Woodlawn, a number of illegal Irish folks reside. I have no problem with them, as they all generally stick to work in that area and actually speak in English. Illegal Mexicans, on the other hand, some tend to speak no English at all even after years of being in America. They don't want to learn the language, and if you're not going to learn English, it's your fault. The last thing I want is for Americans to have to learn Spanish to interact with some of these (doctors are already going to have to if they work in Texas and California) illegals, when it should be Hispanics learning English. In America, WE SPEAK ENGLISH.

My parents were immigrants from Lebanon, but they made sure I spoke English and nothing but English to them until I mastered the language down, then they started speaking to me in their native language. That's the way all immigrants should work. Legal and illegal.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 AM

142 posts, read 590,644 times
Default Some good information on H1-B program

For those of you interested in deeper insight into the H1-B program, this article is worthy of consideration: Who Gets H-1B Visas? Check Out This List -- H-1B Visas -- InformationWeek (http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=199601616&cid=iwkPrint URL - broken link)

The site follows the information technology business, including insourcing/outsourcing of highly skilled workers.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:03 AM

6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
I'm against all Illegal Aliens - Doesn't matter where they invade from. Illegal is Illegal.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:21 PM

2 posts, read 7,001 times
Really! Illegal Indians!!!

Do they swim across oceans?
Do they pay taxes?
What is their average educational level?

Imagine how native Indain felt when they were given CitizenShip.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:57 PM

23,001 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I'm against all Illegal Aliens - Doesn't matter where they invade from. Illegal is Illegal.
agreed we have enough problems with the legal folks in our country.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 PM

116 posts, read 346,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Illegal immigrants from India on the rise, stealing your high-tech jobs.

Illegal immigrants from India are fastest growing | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)

My father works as a comp engineer for a for a HUGE IT company which hires many Indians. However most have no clue what they are doing and are paid !@#$. So if by high tech jobs you mean low paying, mundane, code-monkey jobs then yes they are taking them.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:06 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Illegal immigrants from India on the rise, stealing your high-tech jobs.

Illegal immigrants from India are fastest growing | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)
we really dont know who is coming in thru our porous borders. but we need to know.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 09-21-2007, 06:25 PM

634 posts, read 2,555,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
we really dont know who is coming in thru our porous borders. but we need to know.
stephen s
san diego ca
What the dilly are you refering to? The article is about people who enter the U.S. with the correct paperwork, then become illegal by overstaying their visa.

The H-1B system needs to be abolished anyway; I have a comp sci degree though I'm now in real estate since corporate America and the U.S. goverment now regard my life as excess baggage in the global economy. What a waste of my life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or