U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:14 PM

273 posts, read 179,790 times

Advertisements

I would agree with you on that to a point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 06:45 PM

447 posts, read 707,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h3.6h057 View Post
everyone says "illegal is illegal", but they dont recognize the violent means of the acquisition of the american land. at least the "illegals" arent massacring the american population. theyre over here WORKING. you people need to read a history book that goes back farther than 250 years, and get a good sense of who is the "illegal".. and who is really the violent criminal.

with all due respect...i wonder , why you have not become a member of this forum? yet you would like to spout off this sort of attack.
you have strong opinions on just who is criminal here, yet ,i wonder, if an illegal immigrant killed, or injured someone you love, how would you feel then?i have personal experience with that, so i feel i have a right to feel the way i do aboputt illegal immigration.
now, as for the idea that anyone who came to america 250 years ago being here illegally, then maybe you are the one who should read your history book , because there was no form of immigration control back then...and my family immigrated here in 1639 from england and we didn't kill or injure anyone doing it....i also have indian blood in my family tree, choctaw and cherokee, and i don't think you really know how all of us feel about the "whites" coming to america...in fact the choctaw nation actually lived and still do with a great respect for the "whiteman"
this forum is about illegal immigration, doesnt matter what the race....doesn't matter about the nationality...seems to me you are the only one pointing out one race....so what does that make you?
illegal immigration is a crime....whether you want to believe it or not.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:33 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,998,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Nobody cares about the educated, quiet illegal Indians making 100k a year, but we care about the illegal Mexicans making $11 a day?

Is this forum really about illegals, or about how much Americans dislike poverished Mexicans?
I hate all illegals equally.

Happy?

Old 09-25-2007, 08:40 PM

716 posts, read 1,871,825 times
Great!!... Perhaps we'll see some home grown terrorists in the near future or have some come in as an indian but is actually a fundamentalist muslim wanting to harm the US again?. When will they ever learn? unless the US government wants this to happen so they can make up another reason for a war with iran in the expense of having a few thousand american lives 6 foot under? And when they take the high end jobs and business then america will be screwed left right and center, take england for example.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,721,341 times
As I have posted in the past:

To whom it may concern:

Yes; atrocities were committed against all 'races' by all 'races' during history.

Get over it!

If the Native Americans were the only ethnicity who were massacred, etc. there would be cause for redress. But they were 'merely' one group who suffered-----and, not just from Whites------some American Indian nations/tribes were quite warlike against other bands.

Witness what the English did to the Irish not so terribly long ago: 150 years ago the Irish had the rep of being drunken fighters who were 'worthless'------today; that same ethnic group (in Ireland) has a higher per capita income than either Great Britain or Germany. And the stereotype of an Irishman today is that of a genteel, folk music loving, hardworking, sober individual.

No too shabby for a bunch of formerly 'Shanty Irish'?

Spain and Italy are two other lands that have changed dramatically for the better since even just WW II.

The three above examples are now dealing with immigration as well------with Spain asking the EU for logistical help in controlling their maritime borders due to the influx of illegals from Africa.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:45 PM

157 posts, read 277,530 times
Talking Logic

Immigrants have come to the U.S. for years. India immigrants included. The came Legally. We have no trouble with legal. It is illegals milking the government out of Billions of dollars. You did say Indians were in high paying jobs. Good for them. They aren't on welfare. We need more of them. They are legal or they wouldn't be in high paying jobs. That draws attention.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:19 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,741,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Nobody cares about the educated, quiet illegal Indians making 100k a year, but we care about the illegal Mexicans making $11 a day?

Is this forum really about illegals, or about how much Americans dislike poverished Mexicans?
It is sometimes hard to figure their idiotic mentality, but they will be sure to let you know, LOL and I imagine they will tell you that it is ALL Illegals.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,741,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromTN View Post
I think we dislike the crime, poverty, gangs, negative social values, and other society ills that come with massive, uncontrolled, third world immigration (legal and illegal) from Latin America.
You mean like our good old born and bred U.S.A. American, that are into gangs, crime, poverty here?

Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM

13,081 posts, read 21,254,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
It is sometimes hard to figure their idiotic mentality, but they will be sure to let you know, LOL and I imagine they will tell you that it is ALL Illegals.
I would watch the choice of words sassy - this is not the right forum to use the word idiotic. It might be considered a personal attack. In reality, it contributes nothing to the discussion. But keep firing away the ad hominem attacks if that's what floats your boat.

I personally do not support any kind of illegal activity - whether it is a person from Guatemala or Guinea, if they are earning $10/hour or $100/hour - they are here illegally and have no business being here.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:31 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,187,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Illegal immigrants from India on the rise, stealing your high-tech jobs.

Illegal immigrants from India are fastest growing | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (broken link)

I couldn't care less where they are coming from. I only know that they need to get out of here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or