Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 06:06 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,862,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmeyers View Post
I love them and wish more was here!
post your address and we will send some over for you.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:15 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,151,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
However you justify your hatred and generalizations, it is still just that. It's really that simple.
just what? Hate?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:26 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,771,470 times
The only experience I had in Toronto regarding "illegals" and I believe you mean Mexicans..took place at my local bar..There was some sort of gathering there...consisting of Mexicans..which is odd for Toronto..What I did not like was that some of them looked upon my nation as a non-nation up for grabs ...that there was no true ownership of real sovereignty.

These folks were slightly radical and had no respect for me. That I was a sucker and a push over and there was nothing I could do..to thwart their arrogant and aggressive attitude...I had to explain to my son's wife..who is an immigrant from Chile...that I OWN the place...that this is MY nation..and she was a welcome guest...If I said anything remotely negative about Latinos...she called me a racist..

I am not a racist...but I am also and immigrant...but I have been here for over 60 years..and those first in line - have priority - until the new be earns their stripes...You just don't arrive and take over...It;s my turf by the simple fact that I was here FIRST.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:57 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The only experience I had in Toronto regarding "illegals" and I believe you mean Mexicans..took place at my local bar..There was some sort of gathering there...consisting of Mexicans..which is odd for Toronto..What I did not like was that some of them looked upon my nation as a non-nation up for grabs ...that there was no true ownership of real sovereignty.

These folks were slightly radical and had no respect for me. That I was a sucker and a push over and there was nothing I could do..to thwart their arrogant and aggressive attitude...I had to explain to my son's wife..who is an immigrant from Chile...that I OWN the place...that this is MY nation..and she was a welcome guest...If I said anything remotely negative about Latinos...she called me a racist..

I am not a racist...but I am also and immigrant...but I have been here for over 60 years..and those first in line - have priority - until the new be earns their stripes...You just don't arrive and take over...It;s my turf by the simple fact that I was here FIRST.
y,

Actually, it isn't about who came first to any country. It is about who is a citizen of any country. They are the only ones who rightfully and collectively "own" a country. For example, an illegal alien might have resided in any given country for 30 years but he has no ownership rights. A person born in that country 30 years later would have however because they are citizens. Of course, many of us agree that babies born from illegal alien parents should not be considered to be citizens of this country but that is a different topic and discussed in here many times.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,470,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
just what? Hate?
Expecting that all foreigners respect and obey the laws of this country or believing that one group should not have unlimited rights to move in while others do abide by the laws, is now defined as hate.

If you don't insist that a certain nationality is above the laws, must not be expected to respect immigration laws, identity theft laws, fraud laws, driving laws, then you just hate --- that's all that can mean. The La Raza (The Race) insists that you cannot deport a single illegal of the group it represents. There can be no immigration laws at least for them, they have unlimited rights to come here, in any unlimited number. If you don't accept that then you hate.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,470,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post

Those sound like the "reconquista" types of illegals. They are taught even in school that Aztecs once ruled over all of North America - including Canada and they're coming illegally to take it all back. Of course the Aztecs never ruled over even all of Mexico but only over a 35 mile radius near current day Mexico City. Mexico as a country didn't even exist back then but they think Mexico existed as the entire North American continent. You see a lot of this. It's even more common among the anchor babies and children brought in by illegals.

Not all illegals are obnoxious and ignorant. Some just want to get here and make easy money that's more money than they could ever have imagined back home, they know there are laws but they find the laws to be extremely lax, extremely easy to break so they break them.

What's interesting is in that latter group, you won't really see them demanding unlimited immigration -- they may have never been to school but they are smart enough to realize that illegal immigration is about cheap labor and that if too many come, they're competing with millions more who would work for even less. They're more honest, they just like the easy money here.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:49 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmeyers View Post
I love them and wish more was here!
Do you love all lawbreakers or just them? Your post makes no sense to me.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:24 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,582,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Bank robbers are doing what they do to improve their lives also but breaking the law is unacceptable. Speaking of delusional......

If I were them I would stay in my own country and fix it. If I were them I would stay in school and get an education and not have several children in my teens. Therefore, I would be able to get a decent job in my own country and not break another country's immigration laws because of my bad decisions in life.

Hate? Why does your side always use such strong words? It is objection to illegal immigration, not hate. Where is your sympathy for Americans who have had their lives destroyed by illegal aliens? Perhaps it is you that should be pitied putting illegal alien lawbreakers above the interests of American citizens.
I dislike them because they have no regard for our laws and the impact their wanton behavior has on those around them.

Where is the sympathy?

Undocumented Immigrant Oscar E. Ramirez-Lopez Arrested In Deadly Long Island Driving While Intoxicated Accident « CBS New York

Quote:
An undocumented immigrant has been arrested and charged after an accident on Long Island that left two men dead early Saturday morning.

Oscar E. Ramirez-Lopez faces charges for vehicular manslaughter in the first degree, driving while intoxicated and driving without a license after police said the 29-year-old Guatemalan sideswiped a Kia Sephia on the Wantagh Parkway in Levittown causing the Kia to veer off the road and strike a tree, killing its two occupants.
My classmate who was the passenger:
Quote:
GAMBARDELLA - Daniel Joseph, suddenly on April 30, 2011 of North Babylon. Beloved husband of Linda. Devoted father of Danny and Ava. Loving son of Dolores and son in law of Julio and Linda Montes. Dear brother of Bobby, Michael and Daniela.
The driver:
Quote:
SCUTERI - Ilario "Larry", suddenly on April 30, 2011 of West Islip. Beloved husband of Sandy. Devoted father of Olivia and Victoria. Loving son of Caterina and the late Cosimo. Dear brother of Mimma (Giacomo) and Rosanna (Vito). Loving son-in-law of Maria and Nathan Smola.
One drunk illegal murdered 2 and forever altered the 18 lives listed in the obituary (in addition to unlisted relatives) with his 'above the law' behavior.

His taxpayer provided attorney is doing his best to keep dragging this along.

Meanwhile in PA:

Illegal immigrant gets 12-year prison term in fatal Hanover crash | Richmond Times-Dispatch

Quote:
An illegal immigrant will serve 12 years in prison, a Hanover County judge ruled Monday, in a fatal car crash last year that took the life of a beloved King William County man.

Nearly two dozen family members and friends of 23-year-old Casey Ryan Bohr looked on late Monday afternoon as Feliciano Aguas Suarez, 30, apologized through an interpreter for the pain he has caused them, describing himself as an alcoholic.
This illegal drives drunk, kills a young man with his whole life ahead of him, and is now a guest of the State of PA, getting 3 hots and a cot for 12 years at the taxpayer's expense.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:51 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,694,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I like illegals but I don't think they should be able to "cut in front of the line" just because they choose to come across illegally to be here...
Exactly!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:04 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,437,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
just what? Hate?
Yes.

So let me ask this, if those Hispanics weren't illegal but everything else was the same. Would you still dislike them? Would you still complain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration