U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:40 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times

Advertisements

I have been posting on CD for a while and most of you know me as a moderate anti-illegal. As I read post after post, thread after thread I have suddenly realized that I am beginning to really hate illegals. What is fueling the hate is the never ending lame excuses by the pro illegals for what illegals do.
I mean everytime you open a thread we hear that illegals are all hard working honest people. Good family values etc. The fact that they are violating a host of laws to be here and work here seems to elude the supporters.
When illegals kill, maim, rape, get caught DUI we have yet more excuses. The excuses range from : Well we have citizens who do these things to illegals actually lower the crime rate per capita. All lame beyond words.
I am just wondering if I am the only one that is actually being influenced against illegals more by their supporters than by the illegals themselves?
I forgot another excuse I hate. If we didn't use illegals then the price of lettuce would be $6.00 a head etc. Unproven unsubstantiated BS.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,992,370 times
I don't hate anyone, and that includes persons in the country illegally. I'm disappointed our government cannot institute programs to better control the arrival of illegals and also that corporate America would rather hire illegals than persons who are born here or here properly. Frustration best describes my demeanor.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:50 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,422,745 times
1. Their blatant disregard for our laws and thinking that they are above them.

2. Their deliberate attempt to bleed American tax dollars dry by utiltilizing our emergency rooms for their private health care needs.

3. The 5 or more kids rule; 1 in the stroller and 2 fighting over the stroller and one in the oven. All born and paid for at the expense of our tax dollars;

4. Their need, demand and expectations for spanish interpreters to be at their beck and call no matter where they are simply because they are to ignorant and lazy to learn English.

5. Their delusions of grandier about becoming the majority population in America and thinking that we will still be here to foot their bills.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:51 PM

6,936 posts, read 6,992,370 times
Maybe it's time to point-out that illegal aliens are drawn from many countries, and many don't speak Spanish nor do they need Spanish/English interpreters.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:56 PM

914 posts, read 1,536,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I have been posting on CD for a while and most of you know me as a moderate anti-illegal. As I read post after post, thread after thread I have suddenly realized that I am beginning to really hate illegals. What is fueling the hate is the never ending lame excuses by the pro illegals for what illegals do.
I mean everytime you open a thread we hear that illegals are all hard working honest people. Good family values etc. The fact that they are violating a host of laws to be here and work here seems to elude the supporters.
When illegals kill, maim, rape, get caught DUI we have yet more excuses. The excuses range from : Well we have citizens who do these things to illegals actually lower the crime rate per capita. All lame beyond words.
I am just wondering if I am the only one that is actually being influenced against illegals more by their supporters than by the illegals themselves?
I forgot another excuse I hate. If we didn't use illegals then the price of lettuce would be $6.00 a head etc. Unproven unsubstantiated BS.

I know a few of them that really have this attitude like they're over-privileged.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 24 days ago)

9,060 posts, read 15,470,148 times
tinman01 - I joined CD right around the same time as you and I was pretty moderate in the beginning but now I hate anti-illegals more. The obvious anti-Hispanic rhetoric is driving it too.

• I mean whenever a thread is made about a Hispanic...one of the "anti-illegal" squad will somehow divert us into an illegal discussion.
  • Anti-illegals say they are not anti-Hispanic but thread after thread generalizing Hispanics as lowlifes, uneducated, not assimilating, having too many kids...proves it all wrong.
  • The anti-Illegal will go out their way to slander Mexico and Latin America at any chance. The worse thing about is that most of them have never been to Latin America yet somehow know it is terrible.
  • A major thread was made lately about Hispanics not assimilating... (coincidentally the same posters in this forum). I bring up Amish people not assimilating since 1850 still speaking Penn-German and what is the reply? They don't care about the Amish or assimilation really, they care about Hispanic assimilation and then they divert to illegals.

So yes I know what you are saying...but on the other end of the spectrum.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:59 PM

42,220 posts, read 49,768,169 times
Crime.
Entitlement.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:00 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,117,815 times
The hubris.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:07 PM

9,857 posts, read 6,733,885 times
I don't hate illegals, but I do hate their permitted access to our welfare state and other programs for free.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM

7,497 posts, read 9,277,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I don't dislike illegals per se, but yes I dislike the way some of them think and do things here. By no means can this apply to all of them but here's my list;

-they expect freebies (either because they don't know how America works or they are simply entitled)
-they expect everybody to cater to them; speak their language, understand their culture, follow their gender roles, the list goes on and on...
-they work in America without paying taxes and often send money to other countries. America essentially gets nothing back for this, yet they take up room space that Americans should be naturally entitled to cover themselves.
-organizations out there are fighting for their right to free/subsidized healthcare, housing, food stamps, and college education. My state had actually proposed a bill that would give illegal immigrants lower tuition rates than out-of-state Americans looking to go to college here.
-human trafficking victims brought into the states get automatic legal protection here whereas an underage teenager forced into prostitution here can be put away and/or denied protection.

However several illegals don't have it as well as we like to think. Sure it's their choice, but many illegals live in dangerous neighborhoods in a houseful. If they're being abused at home they can't call the police. If they're exploited in the workplace they have a fight ahead of them in getting justice. They also probably have overall subpar living conditions and never really leave behind what they were trying to leave; poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or