U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 12:29 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,440,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Sure you need them! I don't know how you ever got a long without em! They're here to do all those jobs Americans have NEVER done!
As the late Gilda Radner used to say when she jumped the gun while portraying Roseanne Roseannadanna on Saturday Night Live.........
NEVER MIND!

with thanks to ArizonaBear and Bummer!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2007, 12:41 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
LOL . . . I agree, ArizonaBear!

Unless he has decided to switch over to the Hillary gang!
Oh, I'm a democrat, and I'd even support Hillary! I just have witnessed and experienced the effects of illegal immigration first hand on many levels and am fed up.

Many many other democrats feel the same way. MOST, I'd venture. As far as Hillary, I don't think ANY candidate is going to do much of anything about illegal immigration, except for those I wouldn't trust on any other issue BUT immigration! (Maybe the "tough on immigration" guys can get a cabinet position?)

Old 12-23-2007, 12:48 PM

1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I don't think ANY candidate is going to do much of anything about illegal immigration
I don't think anything will be done until at least a year after the next election, there will be lots of promises made, but most folks will forget what those promises were by then....

Old 12-31-2007, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,239 times
Default I'm with you! - We were all immigrants at once time.

I agree. We were all once immigrants to North America at one time or another. I don't understand what the big deal is about illegals, which I can safely say we're referring to Mexican illegals. Much of the Southwest was all Mexico at one time until the U.S. stole it directly/indirectly (Manifest Destiny). The least we could do is allow Mexicans to come over here to live and work. Besides, it's good for the economy. If something is good for America's overall health, then don't bash it.

Over the centuries, immigrants (illegal or otherwise - the colonists who came here did not have VISAs) is what made our country prosperous. If the influx of immigrants is too fast in that it would be detrimental to the U.S. overall long-term (note that) health, reform the Immigration system to better manage immigration. But don't ever attack immigrants legal or otherwise. It's not their fault we have so many unfilled jobs or our immigration system is in shambles.

What you say? They're taking our jobs you say? There are plenty of jobs to go around for Americans. Think about it. If Americans are not taking these vacant jobs, immigrants will come and fill that need for us. Isn't that great and nice of them! If Americans did take all these vacant jobs (not enough of us to do that as evidence by immigrants), then immigrants would not come.

Conclusion - Immigrants (legal or otherwise) provide substantial long-term economic benefits. How can anyone be opposed to that unless they're racist! ;-) Race shouldn't be an issue. This is about the glory of America and what it means to be American.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah. Remember if you bash an immigrant for wanting what our forefathers wanted, we were all FOBS (fresh off the boat) at one time or another. Just look in the mirror. :-)

- NetTiger98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bimmer View Post
WOW! Can't say I'm surprised at such ignorant and RACIST comments. It appears people forget where in the hell they came from...

Tss Tss...

Old 12-31-2007, 09:11 AM

751 posts, read 844,905 times
This Immigration forum is nothing but ignorance. But I have come to realize that most of the active people here are quite uneducated, so it does not bother me as much as it used to, "ignorance is bliss" is the perfect description of the mindset. I still do not understand why some redneck gets so riled up about this topic. I guess, they must be bitter because their maquiladora jobs making zippers 12 hours a day went to a Mexican with a 2nd grade education down in Tijuana and now they can't find anything better?! Also, it is not like the people who live in the hills were descendents of royal families in Europe. Their ancestors were mostly starving Eurotrash, so I am not sure where this sense of entitlement and "superiority" comes from, I would say probably, there are some major underlying psychological issues and a lot of insecurity.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetTiger98 View Post
I agree. We were all once immigrants to North America at one time or another.
"We"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetTiger98
Much of the Southwest was all Mexico at one time until the U.S. stole it directly/indirectly (Manifest Destiny). The least we could do is allow Mexicans to come over here to live and work.
Much of the Southwest was "Mexico" the way all of the New World was "claimed" by Spain through proclamation of the Pope. Mere sweeping proclamations of "ownership" of territory is NOT ENOUGH.

If you can't defend it and administer it, it doesn't belong to you.

Besides, "Mexican" land was won by war from Spain, who STOLE the land from Native Americans. Some "chain of title" to be proud of, huh?

Quote:
Besides, it's good for the economy. If something is good for America's overall health, then don't bash it.
Who says it's good for the economy? It may be good for one END of the economy -- business, but it's NOT good for government, or other workers.

Quote:
Over the centuries, immigrants (illegal or otherwise - the colonists who came here did not have VISAs) is what made our country prosperous. If the influx of immigrants is too fast in that it would be detrimental to the U.S. overall long-term (note that) health, reform the Immigration system to better manage immigration. But don't ever attack immigrants legal or otherwise. It's not their fault we have so many unfilled jobs or our immigration system is in shambles.
Oh Lord, when will you people GIVE IT UP. This is NOT the late 1800s or early 1900s anymore! Welcome to the 21st century already!

I will attack the illegal immigrants who spend 6k to have a coyote smuggle them across the border, or 70k for a smuggler to smuggle them in to work at Chinese restaurants.

I will attack the employers for exploiting the workers and reaping profits by underpaying employees that have to then rely on tax payer funded social services to make up the difference.

I will attack short-sighted enablers and excuse makers, for justifying and coming to the defense of a neo-slavery and neo-feudalistic economy.

Quote:
What you say? They're taking our jobs you say? There are plenty of jobs to go around for Americans. Think about it. If Americans are not taking these vacant jobs, immigrants will come and fill that need for us. Isn't that great and nice of them! If Americans did take all these vacant jobs (not enough of us to do that as evidence by immigrants), then immigrants would not come.
What country do YOU Live in? Are you paying attention?

Quote:
Conclusion - Immigrants (legal or otherwise) provide substantial long-term economic benefits. How can anyone be opposed to that unless they're racist! ;-)
Legal immigrants = good.

Why? Because they have gone through the screening process to make sure that:

1) There really IS a need for them, and they won't just end up standing outside Home Depot waiting for some cheap housewife to pick them up to do some yard work.

2) They have passed health checks (Like all those that came through Ellis Island, back when we begun to understand germs and such)

3) They have passed criminal checks

4) They come in a set amount the United States deems appropriate for resource allocation, environmental protection, and sustainable development.

Quote:
Race shouldn't be an issue. This is about the glory of America and what it means to be American.
Race isn't an issue. As far as what it means to "be an American," THAT'S something you might want to spend some time teaching those busying themselves turning middle class neighborhoods into carbon copies of third world slums.

Quote:
Oh yeah. Remember if you bash an immigrant for wanting what our forefathers wanted, we were all FOBS (fresh off the boat) at one time or another. Just look in the mirror. :-)

- NetTiger98
My forefathers came here to be American. Not to be Portuguese in America. Or Irish in America. Or English in America. My father spent 1 year in intensive English language instruction before he ever stepped foot into a classroom to take up studies in English.

"We" are not all FOTB. I was born in New Jersey. I respect ALL FOTBs who come here to become American, and who come here because they choose the ideals of America, NOT because we happen to be the closest largest economy to move to.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
This Immigration forum is nothing but ignorance. But I have come to realize that most of the active people here are quite uneducated, so it does not bother me as much as it used to, "ignorance is bliss" is the perfect description of the mindset. I still do not understand why some redneck gets so riled up about this topic. I guess, they must be bitter because their maquiladora jobs making zippers 12 hours a day went to a Mexican with a 2nd grade education down in Tijuana and now they can't find anything better?! Also, it is not like the people who live in the hills were descendents of royal families in Europe. Their ancestors were mostly starving Eurotrash, so I am not sure where this sense of entitlement and "superiority" comes from, I would say probably, there are some major underlying psychological issues and a lot of insecurity.

I have an "illegal immigrant proof" career, and have been in school for 80% of my life. What I see is that you many can't keep up, intellectually, or formulate fact-laden, poignant, or even interesting rebuttal, and so they (such as yourself) write everyone else off.

Ignorance IS bliss, which is why you're happy with the status quo and everything that's going on around you.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 AM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Pray tell how you have drawn your conclusion that regular posters are 'quite uneducated'? They seem to be schooled enough to know how to debate without using ethnic slurs and pejoratives, unlike yourself. Your rampant use of the terms "redneck" and "Eurotrash" seems to be stemming from your opinion of yourself. Must suck to have such a low self-worth.

I have yet to come across a post where ANYONE made comments about entitlement or "superiority" - if anything, the pro-illegal side is consistently behaving indignantly and self-righteously on this forum. They are also the ones who try to twist this into an issue of race. Those who oppose illegal immigration, which happens to be supporting the enforcement of our laws, must be getting a stronger foothold to get the pro-illegals foaming at the mouth lately. We all hope sincerely that the pro-illegal crowd will realize someday that they are really against the laws of our country. In the meantime, there are so few of you that it really doesn't matter if you ever do realize that you are anti-American.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:55 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
[sarcasm]You are correct there:
[/sarcasm]

Nothing but ignorance-----------what does that say about YOU?!?

If you hate what we have to say; you need not read let alone post here.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:57 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
This Immigration forum is nothing but ignorance.
Perhaps you don't understand the real issues involving illegal immigration?

You don't understand the overcrowed schools, the overcrowed (and closing) hospitals. You don't understand the financial burdens on taxpayers. You don't understand the loss of jobs.

Perhaps you need to get out of your sheltered life and move, not visit, MOVE to an area where the problem of illegals is very accute - So. Cal, NV, AZ, NM, Texas - live the problem.

Then YOUR ignorance problem may be reduced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or