U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:20 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
If you would give your points of view and back them up with real life examples, then I for one will listen to what you have to say. So far I haven't seen that at all. All you've done is call people racist and/or challenge what they say without doing research. People tend to stop listening when they are just being attacked.
Why exactly are you saying this to me?!?!?! I was responding to mister illegal lover!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never called anyone a racist that are against illegals, i am against illegals!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 03:03 PM

547 posts, read 1,044,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Why exactly are you saying this to me?!?!?! I was responding to mister illegal lover!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never called anyone a racist that are against illegals, i am against illegals!!!!!!!!!!
OOPS!!! I'm so sorry Nea1! I grabbed the wrong quote when I responded and I didn't even notice. That was supposed to be directed at "Mach50Thunderdart".

Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Annie View Post
OOPS!!! I'm so sorry Nea1! I grabbed the wrong quote when I responded and I didn't even notice. That was supposed to be directed at "Mach50Thunderdart".
It is ok, I thought afterwards that might be the reason. Happens!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 03:31 PM

1,169 posts, read 3,303,323 times
Hey, can you guys tell me what law was signed in AZ? I hadn't heard of that. What are the details?

Old 09-18-2007, 03:36 PM

It is a new law that makes employers verify legal status. Guessing the illegals dont like the idea. Boo hoo

Old 09-18-2007, 03:42 PM

537 posts, read 312,420 times
Default Check these articles out.

Here are links to three articles about illegals and some of the new laws that states are making to handle the illegal problems they have.

Lawmaker fights immigrant 'invasion'

Arizona lashes out at illegal immigration

Immigration bedevils state lawmakers

Old 09-18-2007, 05:14 PM

1,169 posts, read 3,303,323 times
Thanks for the links. I didn't know about that. One of them mentioned New Mexico offering lower college tuition for illegal immigrants? What the heck is that? I know many US citizens who could use some help with tuition. ARG.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:55 PM

547 posts, read 1,044,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
It is ok, I thought afterwards that might be the reason. Happens!!!
I'll be more careful. Sure could get confusing otherwise.

I've asked him(?) before why he thinks people are racist if they are against illegal immigration and got no response back. Maybe he doesn't know why.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:15 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,543,097 times
I'm so used to certain posters referring to me and a few others as racists - Why should I have to support these people, who are here illegally, breaking the law. Breaking the law is a criminal act - why is that so hard to get????

Oh, and I'm tired of seeing Americans go without, while the illegals suck the country dry. I want them gone and gone for good -

I've seen alot over the last few years, and believe me, it' wasn't pretty. So, before you call others racist, look in the mirror - because it goes both ways - This is for those who only come on here to make the same racist remarks......Get over it -

GO TO DODGE CITY, KANSAS - you'll see stuff that would make your head spin. So stop the racist remarks, because it's so monotonous.....

Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 PM

1,013 posts, read 4,063,110 times
Yeah, it's easy for the pro-illegal immigration people to scream racism since we happen to share a border with a poor country, Mexico, and therefore that is where the majority of our illegal immigration comes from. But I'm sure the vast majority of people on this forum have absolutely nothing against hispanic people as a race and would be just as angry if we had a flood of immigrants of any other race (white, black, asian, purple, or whatever) who were coming here illegally and taking American jobs and taking advantage of our social services meant for our legal citizens.

Last edited by sbd78; 09-18-2007 at 07:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or