U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:17 PM

114 posts, read 303,163 times

Advertisements

I'm worried w/them leaving AZ and OK they will head up to Montana where the stupid ass media put an article and NBC had a segment where business owners couldn't find employees

that was horse poop. One or 2 fast food places up north couldn't get people to take the piddly unlivable amount they were offering as pay and now we're going to end up w/all the illegals up here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 08:42 PM

547 posts, read 1,044,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by francej16 View Post
I'm worried w/them leaving AZ and OK they will head up to Montana where the stupid ass media put an article and NBC had a segment where business owners couldn't find employees

that was horse poop. One or 2 fast food places up north couldn't get people to take the piddly unlivable amount they were offering as pay and now we're going to end up w/all the illegals up here.
You could be right. My condolences.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:08 PM

447 posts, read 706,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Thanks for the links. I didn't know about that. One of them mentioned New Mexico offering lower college tuition for illegal immigrants? What the heck is that? I know many US citizens who could use some help with tuition. ARG.

if you'd like to know why illegals like new mexico, ask gov, bill richardson himself...(his mother was also an illegal immigrant who had an anchor baby...)
also, if you'd like to know why albuquerque is a sanctuary city, ask mayor marty chavez...i'm sure he'd answer your question...lol...never in your wildest dreams.
trust me, neither will answer, because absolute power corrupts absolutely...
they both feel they have no-one to answer to, but the illegals they cater to... and any hispanic vote they can muster up...
but hispanics in new mexico are sick and tired, too, of their antics, and hopefully will vote each out of office for their failure to protect their community.
the very last person i'll ever vote for in '08 is richardson...no matter who his running mate is...even if she was mother theresa...
and i would encourage others to do the same.
anyone have a favorite candidate yet? i'd like to research their record.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 PM

447 posts, read 706,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbd78 View Post
Yeah, it's easy for the pro-illegal immigration people to scream racism since we happen to share a border with a poor country, Mexico, and therefore that is where the majority of our illegal immigration comes from. But I'm sure the vast majority of people on this forum have absolutely nothing against hispanic people as a race and would be just as angry if we had a flood of immigrants of any other race (white, black, asian, purple, or whatever) who were coming here illegally and taking American jobs and taking advantage of our social services meant for our legal citizens.
my sentiments exactly..kudos to u

Old 09-19-2007, 08:00 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
No need to have me banned, I'll leave on my own.
This forum is very closed minded.

Closed minded? No, just right. You see this is a very black and white issue. Is it or is it not legal? It's not legal, end of discussion! No gray areas period!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:51 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,292,130 times
Calm down and get back on topic, please.
Yac.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:58 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,036,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bimmer View Post
WOW! Can't say I'm surprised at such ignorant and RACIST comments. It appears people forget where in the hell they came from...

Tss Tss...
I come from California, and you?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:09 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,698,282 times
Default umm

"his mother was also an illegal immigrant who had an anchor baby...)"

Wouldnt this be a problem for most?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:21 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,151,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bimmer View Post
WOW! Can't say I'm surprised at such ignorant and RACIST comments. It appears people forget where in the hell they came from...

Tss Tss...
I'm not racist and I'm not against immigrants. My family came from Eastern Europe and Italy and I'm sure they were very grateful to get through Ellis Island.

However, they came here legally. That's my issue. You can't just waltz over the border and expect to be welcomed with open arms. If these folks from other countries want to come live here, I say "c'mon over! Life is great here--better than where you are by far, or you wouldn't want to be here". But I want these people to respect the process. Apply for legal immigration status.

What? That means you a have to have a job? Pay taxes? You might not be able to stay because you don't meet immigration requirements.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. Well, see ya!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 AM

3,031 posts, read 8,151,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Thanks for the links. I didn't know about that. One of them mentioned New Mexico offering lower college tuition for illegal immigrants? What the heck is that? I know many US citizens who could use some help with tuition. ARG.
It's not just New Mexico. Gov. Deval Patrick wants to do the same thing in MA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or