U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 04:03 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieHog View Post
As long as the goverment allows this to continue...... the more they will keep entering.
The citizens need to start rallying, boycotting companies...... standing up for what they believe in. Until the goverment takes charge.....the people will have to.

I think we need to stop relying on the Federal government to do it. They don't have the manpower to do it all, although it would be nice if they tried. From what I'm seeing it needs to be a joint effort with the states and local enforcement. You can see by reading these threads that the illegals are already leaving states that are putting employers that hire them under the gun by way of new laws. We need to write, call, email whatever it takes to get our states to implement and enforce sanctions against employers that hire illegals. Look at Oklahoma, Arizona, Colorado, Missouri and Arkansas. They are all getting on board. Not to mention counties within several states. Unfortunately it's not an organized effort at this point but I think it's a beginning and I'm getting hopeful....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 06:22 PM

447 posts, read 706,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bill Richardson's father was a US citizen so even if his mom was here illegally (which I doubt), he would not have qualified as an 'anchor baby'.

Now on to 'Hispanics' screaming racism-------the 'La Raza' types need to be careful.

Most North American Latinos are, ethnically speaking, Native Americans born away from US soil.

That stated: many US born Native Americans (Navajo, Hopi, Cherokee, etc) detest Latinos as it is------and, really dislike the illegal variety.

The cultural differences are huge.

bill richardson himself has said that his mother was an illegal immigrant, and also admitted that she did come here to have a baby...now, as for his father being a citizen, ok, i will give you that...and if he married her, and she did the right thing by becoming a citizen herself, then good...it was what she should have done...
but i will still not vote for him... i do respect your response...

Old 09-24-2007, 06:41 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
bill richardson himself has said that his mother was an illegal immigrant, and also admitted that she did come here to have a baby...now, as for his father being a citizen, ok, i will give you that...and if he married her, and she did the right thing by becoming a citizen herself, then good...it was what she should have done...
but i will still not vote for him... i do respect your response...
Now for a funny irony here:

Mitt Romney, the governor of Massachusetts, technically speaking, is 1/2 Mexican--------George Romney, the former governor of Michigan was born and partially raised in Chihuahua, Mexico. His parents were apparently resident Mormon missionaries SOB.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:54 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
PHOENIX - Illegal immigrants are starting to leave Arizona:

At least several hundred immigrants have left since Democratic Gov. Janet Napolitano signed the bill July 2, according to interviews with illegal immigrants, immigrant advocates, community leaders and real-estate agents. The number departing is expected to mushroom as Jan. 1, the date the law takes effect, draws closer.

Moderator cut: do not repost copyrighted articles

Group estimates 100 illegal immigrants leaving every day | www.tucsoncitizen.com ®

Nah nah nah nah
Nah nah nah nah
Hey hey hey
GOODBYE!

Don't let the door hitcha.

Last edited by Yac; 12-13-2007 at 05:25 AM..

Old 09-25-2007, 04:02 PM

5,080 posts, read 7,665,726 times
This reminds me of the news story I just read..

Hotline advertising rolls on county roads (broken link)

this and the bill, must have something to do with the great exodus from AZ.

Or maybe the many billboards around the state.. have let them know they are unwelcome?

KVOA News 4, Tucson, Arizona - Anti-illegal-immigration billboard draws criticism (http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5169604&nav=HMO6HMaW - broken link)

Hey TEXAS, when will you get on board?

Old 09-25-2007, 06:03 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Yeppers.

We still treat illegal immigrants-------even 'brown Latinos' a whole lot better than the way the Mexican La Migra treats Guatamalans, etc. Try assaults including rape, etc.

So.........La Raza's 'race' excuse is just BS---------Mexicans from Chiapas, etc. are typically the same ethnicity as the folks across their southern border.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:08 AM

7,731 posts, read 11,945,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LADY_DI View Post
i wish they would leave oregon now

that would make me very happy
Utah also.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 7,974 times
Exclamation Go home

I wish the illegals would go back to Mexico. I'm scared they are leaving Arizona and going to Calif. How can anyone say that will hurt the economy?? If anything, it will make it better instead of them mooching off our welfare system and getting free healthcare and creating long lines in the emergency rooms. In Calif. I see so many accidents involving illegals wiithout insurance. They don't play by our rules or even the laws- GO HOME!

Old 12-22-2007, 10:42 AM

9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc wife View Post
I wish the illegals would go back to Mexico. I'm scared they are leaving Arizona and going to Calif. How can anyone say that will hurt the economy?? If anything, it will make it better instead of them mooching off our welfare system and getting free healthcare and creating long lines in the emergency rooms. In Calif. I see so many accidents involving illegals wiithout insurance. They don't play by our rules or even the laws- GO HOME!
Great point, usmc wife!

Considering their arrogance when entering this country, only an idiot would expect an Illegal to honor or respect any of our laws!

Old 12-22-2007, 11:34 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,894,180 times
There are reasons the goons in DC are not doing anything with the border issue. Things that we, as peons, are not privvy to. I surmise it has to do with the NAU project taking off (again without our permission) and the lack of necessity for a border, as we will all Three (Mexico, Canada, USA) be One. How special! Just becoming more observant of my area here in the Panhandle, am seeing more and more very dirty trucks come through, also more decrepid rundown cars with terrible exhaust, alot of sleazy looking people crammed into them, but still with a Texas license plate. Makes me wonder.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or