Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:42 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I think it is silly myself...BUT you anti's try to have it both ways, I'll explain:

A conversation about Hispanics will most likely morph into an Illegal Alien discussion, perpetuated by an anti (which is deemed as generalizing, and discriminatory). It will then be justified by the majority of illegals being Hispanics.

OK BUT

when called on using Illegal Alien synonymously with Hispanic, the anti backs down (like in this case with O'Reilly) and says Illegal Alien means ALL illegals (Asians, Russians etc..). Hence having it both ways...

The anti's have created this mess by constantly equating Hispanics to Illegal Aliens.
That's a completely disingenous statement and utterly backwards. Most conversations about illegals touch on hispanics because you cannot ignore the fact that most illegals are hispanics. Most hispanic leaders and many hispanics support illegals for one reason and one reason only: because most illegals are hispanic. They don't support them for any other reason. They can't because large scale migration of a Latino underclass is not a net benefit for most Americans.

Hispanic leaders are the ones who have created this mess. They are hypocrites who support illegals solely out of racial reasons. They then have the deeply offensive nerve to call non-hispanics racists when we object to their racism.

No one has the right to break our immigration laws because they are of a certain racial group. I am extremely frustrated that far too many hispanic leaders seem to think otherwise.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
I think it is silly myself...BUT you anti's try to have it both ways, I'll explain:

A conversation about Hispanics will most likely morph into an Illegal Alien discussion, perpetuated by an anti (which is deemed as generalizing, and discriminatory). It will then be justified by the majority of illegals being Hispanics.

OK BUT

when called on using Illegal Alien synonymously with Hispanic, the anti backs down (like in this case with O'Reilly) and says Illegal Alien means ALL illegals (Asians, Russians etc..). Hence having it both ways...

The anti's have created this mess by constantly equating Hispanics to Illegal Aliens.
You're twisting and spinning now. We do not equate Hispanics to illegal aliens as an entire group. We merely are saying that most illegals here ARE of the Hispanic persuasion. That isn't saying that all Hispanics here are illegals. I don't know why you can't grasp that concept. Most Hispanic citizens are defenders of them also so then it becomes a double whammy. When they start standing up for the rule of law ( a part of assimilating) rather than their ethnic group here illegally the feelings about Hispanics in general will change but that's not going to happen, is it? You reap what you sow.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Your own thread as PROOF of this morphing:

Hispanic assimilation has failed

I'm thinking - "Oh cool an assimilation thread, this will be different from the numerous Hispanics = Illegals threads!! YAY"

Post 7 Chicagonut begins the injection of "Illegal"

Now thinking - "WRONG same old story"

The premise of Hispanics = Illegal is set, and it begins... thread ruined, antis once again prove their generalizing and discriminating ways.
So what part of the comments aren't true? When you have illegal aliens from mostly one ethnic group by the millions colonizing within the legal Hispanic group which is already adamant about using Spanish as their primary language also we have what we have in this country today. How is the truth generalizing or disciminating? You just seem to have a problem admitting the truth and when that truth hurts you resort to demonizing us antis and making false claims that we think all Hispanics in this country are illegals. It is that twist and spin thing again.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Umm Marco Rubio...

Retired Army Colonel Al Rodriguez
No, not Rubio. He wants his version of the Dream Act passed. I will agree on Al Rodiguez though. The problem is that he doesn't have many followers in the Hispanic community in regards to illegal immigration. They don't want what he wants. A leader isn't much good if he has no followers.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
LOL @ having to say that... ridiculous.
We obviously have to clarify it for you as you keep insisting that we think that all Hispanics in this country are illegal aliens. It got clarified for you and yet you still complain? Now I am really confused.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,831 times
Quote:
LOL @ having to say that... ridiculous.
I am going over to the legal immigration thread with my stance on illegal immigration, the bulk of which come through our southern border. Wonder how the reception will be??!!

Your arguments don't make sense, and come across as baiting, IMHO. I do like healthy debates, and learn new ways of looking at things. However, when it comes to ILLEGAL Aliens, I can't get past the word "illegal," no matter how hard I try. "Undocumented" doesn't work for me, either. Their behavior, as outlined all over this forum and from personal experience, goes against my moral compass. Therefore, those who justify the law-breaking and make excuses and resort to racist name-calling make no sense to me whatsoever, and their points hardly constitute an intelligent debate.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:

OK BUT

What if most illegals weren't Hispanic? I bet you wouldn't be on this forum. I would still be.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:23 PM

417 posts, read 365,715 times
Vast majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic... that's just how it is. So when a discussion about IA comes up, of course Hispanics will be the focus.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times
Quote:

OK BUT

The majority of hispanics in this country legally support and in most cases aid, abet and harbor their illegal alien friends and family members. You also support amnesty. Maybe you need to point the finger of blame where it belongs; at yourselves, the so called hispanic leaders and the racist hispanic groups modeled after Jesse and Al. Like Jesse and Al LaRaza is making a fortune to the tune of billions from our government as the new era of race pimps.

If your friends at LaRaza would stop calling illegal aliens "immigrants", lumping all of you together and stop with all the puff adder threatening that hispanics will vote anyone against amnesty out of office all in the same breath, you wouldn't have to continually defend that which is indefensible.

Quote:
As we look to a new Congress, Latinos are demanding real solutions from political leaders on the economy, jobs, and immigration, and we want their commitment to stop demonizing immigrants and Hispanics for political gain. Both parties now share the responsibility of leading and producing results. It’s time to govern,” concluded Murguía.
National Council of La Raza |
Pot meet kettle . . . . . . .

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 05-01-2012 at 04:00 PM..

Old 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
Quote:

OK BUT

The pros are responsible for the mess. They're the ones who lump all immigrants together, refusing to distringuish legal and illegal. If someone says they're against illegal immigration, the pros immediately accuse them of being against immigration period.

Illegal immigration discussions focus on Hispanics for several reasons. When is the last time you were prompted to 'press 1' for another language? What language, other than Spanish, is required to get a job in certain places? When have you heard La Raza, MALDEF, or MECHA promoting special treatment for anyone beside Hispanics? Who else walks across our borders by the thousands? Who else claims the western part of the US belongs to Mexico? What was the ethnicity of the majority of those who marched in the streets demanding their 'rights'? What flag, other than the flag of Mexico, was run up in place of the American flag? Yes, the illegal alien conversation usually turns to Hispanics, and for good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration