U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-05-2012, 04:10 PM
 
29,990 posts, read 20,675,350 times
Reputation: 12372

Advertisements

Yet another reason to throw out the current tax system and move to exclusively a consumption tax. It would eliminate the entire refund process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-05-2012, 11:16 PM
 
12,363 posts, read 8,128,795 times
Reputation: 4095
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
An antiquated one that is reflective of the America when the majority of people in this country were honest Americans that worked hard, feared the IRS, and believed in paying their "fair share". Our tax system is in desperate need of a complete overhaul.

Fast forward, we have millions of people that have come here from 3rd world countries, the majority of them illegally (some are legal immigrants) for the sole purpose of raping and robbing the US for everything it is worth or isn't nailed down. When I say the schemes are off the chain, I'm not exaggerating.

i couldn't agree more.

it's a double whammy for american citizens.

illegal immigrants not only get US taxpayer money refunded to them, in dishonest schemes (as shown in the video), but they then get to send that money to OTHER countries where the money benefits that country, not the united states, or the businesses who pay the taxes to the government.

our government should be ashamed that this is happening. as americans have to work harder to scramble for lower paying jobs, DUE TO THE OVERSUPPLY OF CHEAP LABOR, wealth is being stolen right out from under them.


it is a wealth transfer that is totally preventable and totally inexcusable, and americans should be outraged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Prepperland
7,937 posts, read 4,312,371 times
Reputation: 3342
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yet another reason to throw out the current tax system and move to exclusively a consumption tax. It would eliminate the entire refund process.
BITE YOUR TONGUE!
Never make a tax system better or less painful.
If anything, taxes should be so nasty, that the taxpayers DEMAND that government roll back their taxes and spending.

If you tally up state and local taxes, the average taxpayer spends 44% of the year working for the government.
If that levy was in actual labor for the government, few would tolerate such a burden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2012, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
2,241 posts, read 1,478,263 times
Reputation: 1127
HOW the hell you claim people in Mexico that have no Socials?

This sounds like a crock of $...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2012, 08:52 AM
 
1,583 posts, read 678,487 times
Reputation: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i couldn't agree more.

it's a double whammy for american citizens.

illegal immigrants not only get US taxpayer money refunded to them, in dishonest schemes (as shown in the video), but they then get to send that money to OTHER countries where the money benefits that country, not the united states, or the businesses who pay the taxes to the government.

our government should be ashamed that this is happening. as americans have to work harder to scramble for lower paying jobs, DUE TO THE OVERSUPPLY OF CHEAP LABOR, wealth is being stolen right out from under them.


it is a wealth transfer that is totally preventable and totally inexcusable, and americans should be outraged.
You have summed it up very nicely. The IRS is only one of a multitude of agencies in our government whose systems and way of doing things need a complete update and overhaul. What's even more anger inducing are the politicians that have been in office for decades and done nothing but personally enrich their friends, family members and themselves at the expense of the demise of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2012, 08:58 AM
 
1,583 posts, read 678,487 times
Reputation: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
HOW the hell you claim people in Mexico that have no Socials?

This sounds like a crock of $...
They have social security and ITIN numbers some legitimately issued, others fictitious. It is hard for you to believe because you do not know the process. I am a former tax fraud investigator, trust me, it is not a crock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2012, 12:22 PM
 
2,270 posts, read 1,511,102 times
Reputation: 3148
How many American citizens that own businesses rip off the IRS to deduct "business expenses" when in fact they are using those "business expenses" for their own personal use? It's very, very, very common for people that own their own business to buy themselves cars and fill it up with gas to run their own personal errands and drive the kids around while writing that all off as a business expense. Dodging taxes is the great American past time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2012, 12:48 PM
 
47,586 posts, read 35,438,961 times
Reputation: 21574
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
HOW the hell you claim people in Mexico that have no Socials?

This sounds like a crock of $...
First of all when you are using a stolen or fraudulent identity in the first place and a social security number that isn't your, you can declare as many exemptions as you like and pay no income taxes at all.

When your whole life here involves breaking the law, it's not a big jump to file fraudulent income tax returns to get at the EITC tax "refund" for money you never paid in.

Many illegals do it. It's allowed -- so why not? The government will only come after American citizens with real identities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2012, 02:01 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
75,058 posts, read 35,865,896 times
Reputation: 18170
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
HOW the hell you claim people in Mexico that have no Socials?

This sounds like a crock of $...
Really ? Go look up ITIN..the IRS answer to people who CANNOT get SS numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2012, 04:11 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,286,667 times
Reputation: 2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
How many American citizens that own businesses rip off the IRS to deduct "business expenses" when in fact they are using those "business expenses" for their own personal use? It's very, very, very common for people that own their own business to buy themselves cars and fill it up with gas to run their own personal errands and drive the kids around while writing that all off as a business expense. Dodging taxes is the great American past time.
All tax fraud needs to end. Why have illegal aliens here adding to that fraud?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top