U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 PM

75 posts, read 33,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Really ? Go look up ITIN..the IRS answer to people who CANNOT get SS numbers.
I know firsthand that illegals get refunds using ITINs my question though is how are they getting away with it if the child has to be a citizen, resident alien or U.S. National in order to be eligible for the Child Tax Credit. I mean come on, a child who is a LEGAL resident or citizen isn't going to have an ITIN, they're going to have a SSN. I'm sure the IRS can easily check which are SSNs and which are ITINs, people claiming the credit with children that have ITINs should be required to prove the child's legal status or citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 PM

14,307 posts, read 6,383,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i call BS on that.

the government is the ENFORCEMENT mechanism for behavior, and could put a stop to it at any time, something the private sector would not be able to do. heck, even the states are getting a hard time trying to stand up to the federal government.

instead the government chooses to PAY illegal immigrants other people's money---- even when it is reported, even when americans object.

...... i don't see the private sector confiscating taxpayer money to dole out to illegals.

not only that we have this new report: (WSJ)

SAN ANTONIO—South Texas is seeing a rise in children from Central America who have slipped across the border unaccompanied into the U.S. from Mexico after that country began deporting fewer kids who arrived without visas, some experts say.

The influx across the U.S. border is causing a political outcry in the state, where the federal government has set up five temporary shelters to deal with the growing numbers of young immigrants.

A dormitory room at a temporary shelter at an Air Force base in San Antonio housing young immigrants.
.From October to the end of April, the U.S. government has detained more than 6,500 unaccompanied minors who had crossed the border, nearly double the number detained in the comparable period the previous year, according to U.S. officials.

we are told that there is a "war on terror" yet our borders are totally porous for anybody to march across.

IT IS A DISGRACE, especially when soldiers are dying for the lies---because if it isn't a lie then we would be protecting our borders and our citizens from the "threat".
Young "immigrants"? I don't think so!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 PM

1,652 posts, read 865,131 times
Actually, legal immigrants are very expensive as well costing tax payes billions. In Rhode Island more than 1/3 of all prison inmates are illegals, this does not include legal immigrants. Immigrants from the Third World consume a considerable amount of subsidies, and drain Pell grant funds.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 AM

12,375 posts, read 8,218,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Young "immigrants"? I don't think so!
our government has no interest in stopping mass immigration, so it is up to the rest of us to vote those people out.

who is looking out for american interests, higher wages, and american jobs?

looks like nobody, with another generation of young illegal immigrants streaming across the border.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:03 AM

12,375 posts, read 8,218,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Actually, legal immigrants are very expensive as well costing tax payes billions. In Rhode Island more than 1/3 of all prison inmates are illegals, this does not include legal immigrants. Immigrants from the Third World consume a considerable amount of subsidies, and drain Pell grant funds.
...... But despite that hike, the program has failed to keep up with the rising cost of attending college, and Abernathy pointed out that Pell Grant recipients are still likely to take out student loans and incur debt before graduating.

"Even after the recent increases in the maximum Pell Grant, it will cover less than a third of the cost of attending a four-year public college next year—the smallest share in the history of the program," Abernathy said.

While the White House has touted that Pell Grants have been preserved, the fact sheet put out by the administration Sunday night did not mention the cuts to the federal student loan program, which could increase the debt burden on the nation's graduate students. (huffington post)

The letter added that the bill leaves a Pell shortfall of $1.3 billion in 2012.

when you keep letting illegal immigrant use services originally designed for citizens, you have to cut somewhere-and it will be american citizens getting burned, (even though they are the ones paying for the programs) .

let me post these numbers again, because it is mind-boggling:

In the last year, the civilian population rose by 3,638,000. Yet the labor force only rose by 945,000. Those not in the labor force rose by 2,693,000. (mish)

somebody better get on the ball, and start fixing things

Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM

3,064 posts, read 1,128,382 times
Quote:
i call BS on that.

the government is the ENFORCEMENT mechanism for behavior, and could put a stop to it at any time, something the private sector would not be able to do. heck, even the states are getting a hard time trying to stand up to the federal government.

instead the government chooses to PAY illegal immigrants other people's money---- even when it is reported, even when americans object.

...... i don't see the private sector confiscating taxpayer money to dole out to illegals.

not only that we have this new report: (WSJ)

SAN ANTONIO—South Texas is seeing a rise in children from Central America who have slipped across the border unaccompanied into the U.S. from Mexico after that country began deporting fewer kids who arrived without visas, some experts say.

The influx across the U.S. border is causing a political outcry in the state, where the federal government has set up five temporary shelters to deal with the growing numbers of young immigrants.

A dormitory room at a temporary shelter at an Air Force base in San Antonio housing young immigrants.
.From October to the end of April, the U.S. government has detained more than 6,500 unaccompanied minors who had crossed the border, nearly double the number detained in the comparable period the previous year, according to U.S. officials.

we are told that there is a "war on terror" yet our borders are totally porous for anybody to march across.

IT IS A DISGRACE, especially when soldiers are dying for the lies---because if it isn't a lie then we would be protecting our borders and our citizens from the "threat".
Downsize Government with regard to the rules, regulations and favors it can dole out and refocus it on the things it was intended to do like protecting our borders and we will be far better off.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:26 PM

8,334 posts, read 10,535,269 times
The illegals have it made in the shade in the united states plus we have a administration that welcomes them with open arms. This is crazy & so wrong on many levels.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:12 PM

17,850 posts, read 7,903,292 times
Quote:
our government has no interest in stopping mass immigration, so it is up to the rest of us to vote those people out.

who is looking out for american interests, higher wages, and american jobs?

looks like nobody, with another generation of young illegal immigrants streaming across the border.
Your so correct. I have friends on both sides of the aisle, who truly and honestly and sincerely feel, both party's are our two evils. They sincerely are getting disenchanted with both sides.
And they feel that both sides have lets us down on this issue.
If as they put it to me, if as Americans born in this Country, we have no advantages, and illegals do, maybe we ought to become illegals. Honestly some are so pissed off about this issue.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:43 PM

1,583 posts, read 693,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3531 View Post
I know firsthand that illegals get refunds using ITINs my question though is how are they getting away with it if the child has to be a citizen, resident alien or U.S. National in order to be eligible for the Child Tax Credit. I mean come on, a child who is a LEGAL resident or citizen isn't going to have an ITIN, they're going to have a SSN. I'm sure the IRS can easily check which are SSNs and which are ITINs, people claiming the credit with children that have ITINs should be required to prove the child's legal status or citizenship.
It has to do with the timing of processing the return vs. the timing of the release of the refund.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 05-14-2012 at 04:47 PM..

Old 05-17-2012, 03:38 PM

75 posts, read 33,708 times
So you're saying that it would take too long to verify whether the number is a social or an ITIN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration