Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:07 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
And what exactly currently is our response to illegal invasion? When it's the second, third or fourth offense for illegal crossing, it's clear that something isn't clicking in their little heads.

Once again, would you enter an area on foot that has land mines in it?
Uh, no I wouldn't. I also wouldn't put land mines in my yard to discourage teenagers from trespassing, even with warnings. Because even though by your logic the fact that they are warned means they have no one but themselves to blame, that's insane and barbaric.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:15 PM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Uh, no I wouldn't. I also wouldn't put land mines in my yard to discourage teenagers from trespassing, even with warnings. Because even though by your logic the fact that they are warned means they have no one but themselves to blame, that's insane and barbaric.
Sorry partner. Insane and barbaric would be to shoot them dead on sight. Death by freewill is not murder. And yes, if I knowingly break the law, I have no one but myself to blame. If you can't understand that simple concept, it scares me to know you are in a top tier law school.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Sorry partner. Insane and barbaric would be to shoot them dead on sight. Death by freewill is not murder. And yes, if I knowingly break the law, I have no one but myself to blame. If you can't understand that simple concept, it scares me to know you are in a top tier law school.
That would be exactly the same thing, actually. This is not death by free will any more than it's death by free will to walk somewhere where you might get shot.

I mean, really, why even bother with the land mines? These clearly suicidal people, choosing of their own free will, will definitely decide to kill themselves before coming over anyway!

Since you called out the law school thing (lol "smart people disagree with me?!1 MUST NOT BE THAT SMART THEN!!"), why don't you go ahead and explain why you believe it's not kosher for traffic violators to be shot on sight?

Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Since you called out the law school thing (lol "smart people disagree with me?!1 MUST NOT BE THAT SMART THEN!!"), why don't you go ahead and explain why you believe it's not kosher for traffic violators to be shot on sight?
If there was a way to make the cars of morons who go over 100 mph on our freeways spontaneously explode once the speedometer hit 101, I'd be all for it.

You seem to not get the concept of free will.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
If there was a way to make the cars of morons who go over 100 mph on our freeways spontaneously explode once the speedometer hit 101, I'd be all for it.

You seem to not get the concept of free will.
Oh I'm pretty sure I do. And since this confirms that you are basically crazy, no need to discuss this further.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:38 PM

Quote:
And since this confirms that you are basically crazy, no need to discuss this further.
And since you are a shameless liberal, the feeling is mutual.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:41 PM

It's true that I feel no shame in my political beliefs. I appreciate your insight into free will!!!

Old 05-08-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
It's true that I feel no shame in my political beliefs. I appreciate your insight into free will!!!
With the same respect, I believe it is your absolute right to help illegal invaders manipulate our system once you earn your law degree. I believe we all need to fight for what we deem sacred.

I have my beliefs and you have yours. May we both prosper.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:23 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Quote:
lol, pretty sure I haven't called anyone a name here yet, but in the second sentence I've bolded your attempted insult because A. you're obviously trying to insult me and B. literally everything you say here is wrong, as I'm not a libertarian and am paying my own way through law school, which, BTW, is not fourth tier but is one of these: Law school rankings in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Also, illegals are disproportionately younger and healthier, so if they are getting insurance, they're driving prices down, not up.

And uh, while I know you guys turn every thread no matter the topic into a general "here are things I don't like about illegals" thread, you might want to consider that this one is about supporting planting land mines along our border so that people who attempt to enter are murdered.
If you were really attending the law school you claim you would have the reasoning skills understand that illegals are not driving prices down. They push them up in many different ways especially in terms of medical costs. Less than half have a high school diploma. Their lack of skills and education (not to mention the fact that they have no legal right to work in the US) mean they cannot command decent wages, let alone the kind of jobs that offer medical insurance. In fact only about 60% of ALL employers offer any kind of medical insurance for their employees. The typical American high school dropout is without any form of any kind of medical insurance other than medicaid. Why would you think a foreign criminal would do any better in this economy?

Who do you think pays for medical bills when an illegal get sick or winds up in a car accident because they have no tested driving skills? It sure as hell isn't you. For that matter who do you think pays the schooling bills for the ungrateful kids they drag here or the anchor babies they have in order to argue they shouldn't be deported for breaking our laws? If you knew anything at all about this subject (which you don't) you would also know that the poor and badly educated, as most illegals are, tend to have far higher medical bills than their college educated cohorts.

Around here they translate every single school damned document into Spanish while laying off teacher's aids and reducing music lessons in my daughter's schools. You may not care about the way our idiot government caters to the needs of foreign criminals while shortchanging American kids because you don't have kids but as I am not a spoiled college brat believe me I do.

FYI, you were the one who brought in the insults about those who oppose your beliefs. God help us all if this is the kind of graduate top law schools are allegedly churning out.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:01 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,691,981 times
People doesn't seem to get that those who benefit mostly from illegals are employers who rather hire people with very low wages who work in semi-slavery conditions. It's sort of outsourcing on American soil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration