U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2007, 02:30 AM

83 posts, read 193,858 times

Advertisements

Today’s Letter: A CA Reader Won’t Be Buying A House Near A Mosque

A friend in San Diego recently bought a home next to a mosque. Now she gets the Arabic Yellow Pages sent to her door.

According to her, all the houses in the neighborhood received copies. It wasn't a special request or accidentally sent to the wrong house.

Note to self: don't buy a house near a mosque if you like your Yellow Pages in English.

Winston writes that she lives in the “third-world slum” known as Los Angeles and that a trip to her local Home Depot is like going on a vacation to India. In her spare time, says Winston, she looks at pictures of the Hollywood of yesteryear and fantasizes about moving out of the U.S.

VDARE.com: Today’s Letter: A CA Reader Won’t Be Buying A House Near A Mosque
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 10:29 AM

1,398 posts, read 6,027,467 times
Actually living in "the third world slum known as Los Angeles," I dream about moving back to the United States! (which is to say away from L.A.) I fly a large American flag on our house, not just from indignation to discourage peddlars from leaving flyers and such in languages other than English on our doorstep, but also to save them effort and money, to point out there is no foreign language speaker within (I've never encountered literature here in the other language I can comprehend so that's a moot point.) Advertising promotion in and of itself is not a bad thing, and the workers might as well save their employers money. The aforementioned indignation results from the assumption that no one in my entire neighborhood would ever want to read anything in the English language of our country. In Los Angeles, rarely are there two languages: it's just in spanish.

Last edited by fastfilm; 09-19-2007 at 10:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or