U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2007, 06:26 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Reputation: 533

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Officer slain; gunman takes hostage, is killed

Phoenix police Officer Nick Erfle survived two bouts of cancer to put back on his uniform and patrol the city's streets.

On Tuesday, a jaywalker shot him in the face and killed him.

The gunman, an illegal immigrant who had been deported last year, fled after shooting Erfle, commandeering a stopped car at gunpoint and ordering the motorist to drive. About an hour later, a Phoenix police tactical team surrounded Erik Jovani Martinez, 22, on a west Phoenix street and shot him dead as he pointed a gun at the hostage. The hostage was not hurt




http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...rshot0919.html (broken link)

The citizens of the State of Arizona are now Pissed Off - BIG TIME! (As if they weren't before)

Those here illegally better pack their bags and "get out of Dodge" QUICK!
Well, that's one who won't be coming back. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
 
140 posts, read 79,651 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Gang members like gangs....bring back 'the chain gang'. Let them do jobs americans won't do in Fargo in the winter, and scenic Bullhead city in the summer.
Chain gang? Forget that! Charge them with terrorism, ship them off to Guantanamo, and then execute them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 06:54 PM
 
140 posts, read 79,651 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Oh brother.. again. Only on the news because OMG!! The shooter was illegal! Oh no!!
What if it were your Daddy that the illegal killed junior? Would you care then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsmith View Post
What if it were your Daddy that the illegal killed junior? Would you care then?

What if. What if and what if. Truth is, illegal crime isn't noticed particularly because the media won't cover it since very little violent crime is committed by illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 07:00 PM
 
43 posts, read 80,952 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
with the lame ducks we have in office now, this won't happen. Vote in Nov, let's save our country and our English language!

English will never be the offical language of the US because Puerto Rico is apart of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by raelynn View Post
English will never be the offical language of the US because Puerto Rico is apart of the US.
So what? Puerto Rico isn't even a state. We own Saipan...nobody's saying we can't have English as the official language because Chamorro is spoken there. I mean, REALLY....do better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 07:21 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Theres really no need for an official language. Things are fine the way they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 08:03 PM
 
2 posts, read 3,405 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Officer slain; gunman takes hostage, is killed

Phoenix police Officer Nick Erfle survived two bouts of cancer to put back on his uniform and patrol the city's streets.

On Tuesday, a jaywalker shot him in the face and killed him.

The gunman, an illegal immigrant who had been deported last year, fled after shooting Erfle, commandeering a stopped car at gunpoint and ordering the motorist to drive. About an hour later, a Phoenix police tactical team surrounded Erik Jovani Martinez, 22, on a west Phoenix street and shot him dead as he pointed a gun at the hostage. The hostage was not hurt



http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...rshot0919.html (broken link)

The citizens of the State of Arizona are now Pissed Off - BIG TIME! (As if they weren't before)

Those here illegally better pack their bags and "get out of Dodge" QUICK!

You say that like as if LEGAL citizen don't kill cops. Yes, that man did commit a crime but the fact that he's an illegal immigrant has nothing to do with it. Last time I checked we were all human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiad View Post
You say that like as if LEGAL citizen don't kill cops. Yes, that man did commit a crime but the fact that he's an illegal immigrant has nothing to do with it. Last time I checked we were all human beings.
Couldn't agree more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2007, 08:24 PM
 
2 posts, read 3,405 times
Reputation: 10
Would this have been such a big of a deal if it had been a U.S. citizen who killed an officer? Or if it had been a U.S. citizen who killed an illegal immigrant? Face it, the issue shouldn't be whether the man is a citizen or not it should be if he is guilty or not. I mean just because he was an illegal immigrant doesn't make him a criminal. The fact that he killed, not just an officer, but another human being, that's what makes him a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top