U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:34 AM

556 posts, read 478,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Cities and states that provide sanctuary to illegal immigrants are making most Americans crazy. Our elected officials do little or nothing to change the current status. I have been thinking long and hard about what we as individual citizens can do to rise up against these sanctuary policies. I think I may have a solution. I ask that each and everyone of us boycott tourism in states and cities that refuse to cooperate with ICE or continue to provide sanctuary to illegals. We Americans should refuse to spend our tourism dollars in these locales. Since money talks, we can hope to see some results if we are able to reach enough people. Will you help me spread the word?
ANY city which is HARBORING CRIMINALS should be locked down, and a sweep of the entire city should be made to gather all illegals and arrest them and deport them. Then, a fine should be extracted from the cities citizens for the illegal act of harboring the criminals.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:12 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
ANY city which is HARBORING CRIMINALS should be locked down, and a sweep of the entire city should be made to gather all illegals and arrest them and deport them. Then, a fine should be extracted from the cities citizens for the illegal act of harboring the criminals.
YES! YES! YES! Do you know a tv station interviewed an illegal alien about the new drivers license thing in NY? They asked him what he thought of it and of course he was happy. I said &^%$^$ call ICE and send him packing. They even have the nerve to be on tv.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:25 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Question:

All of the city's residents or just the ones tried/convicted in a court of law for harboring illegals?

If the former; then there would be lawsuits galore because in this country one is innocent till presumed guilty------Gitmo notwithstanding.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:30 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,223,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
i'm not speaking of voting for people; we need to vote for policies. i already know that the people suck!

anything that causes AMERICANS to lose their jobs en masse is ultimately ineffective and undesirable, regardless of what else it accomplishes. i'm not interested in punishing americans who can't help that they have to work for a living in the places you want to boycott. the fat-cats will always be fat, and the politicians still won't have a clue.
For those worried about folks in the tourism industry loosing jobs you could at least do this. Email, call, write, etc. the chamber of commerce in the destination area and tell them you are boycotting travel there due to their stance as a sanctuary city (even though you weren't even planning on going in the first place) If they get enough flack the very thought of loosing business may be enough to get the ball rolling.........Remember, the numbers is what counts.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:15 PM

447 posts, read 706,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Cities and states that provide sanctuary to illegal immigrants are making most Americans crazy. Our elected officials do little or nothing to change the current status. I have been thinking long and hard about what we as individual citizens can do to rise up against these sanctuary policies. I think I may have a solution. I ask that each and everyone of us boycott tourism in states and cities that refuse to cooperate with ICE or continue to provide sanctuary to illegals. We Americans should refuse to spend our tourism dollars in these locales. Since money talks, we can hope to see some results if we are able to reach enough people. Will you help me spread the word?

love the idea...but as i live in a sanctuary city in a sanctuary state, where does that leave me? doesnt seem quite feasible to just pack up and leave.
and besides, why should i have to? this is my country...my state...my city...i say, vote the politicians out of office who are making these cities and states sancuaries for criminals...illegal immigration is a crime...and our politicians need to realize this for once and for all...

Old 09-24-2007, 05:21 PM

447 posts, read 706,092 times
Quote:
are you serious? i am an american...born and bred...and i find this comment ridiculous, not only are we taxpaying citizens being forced to support the illegal population, but now you suggest we should pay a fine for our elected officials allowing them to be here, too?
i say let the elected officials pay the fine you suggest with their hard earned money, because i'm tried of paying my share....and they are the ones who are ignoring the rules....

Old 09-24-2007, 06:00 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,373,082 times
I'll be more than happy to join you, Crittersitter, in boycotting these lawbreaking "sanctuary" cities.

Heck, most of them are crappy places I wouldn't want to visit anyway!

Old 09-24-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Question:

All of the city's residents or just the ones tried/convicted in a court of law for harboring illegals?

If the former; then there would be lawsuits galore because in this country one is innocent till presumed guilty------Gitmo notwithstanding.
You must impose a penalty on ALL of them, or then there would be no incentive to oust illegals from their midst. Those who would turn a blind eye would no longer do so if they were threatened with a fine.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
are you serious? i am an american...born and bred...and i find this comment ridiculous, not only are we taxpaying citizens being forced to support the illegal population, but now you suggest we should pay a fine for our elected officials allowing them to be here, too?
i say let the elected officials pay the fine you suggest with their hard earned money, because i'm tried of paying my share....and they are the ones who are ignoring the rules....
My comment isn't ridiculous, it is SMART. If you threaten a whole population with a fine if any illegals are found being harbored, then those who know someone is harboring will turn them out. Nobody would want the finger put on them, so all the illegals would be smoked out.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
You must impose a penalty on ALL of them, or then there would be no incentive to oust illegals from their midst. Those who would turn a blind eye would no longer do so if they were threatened with a fine.
Excuse me? What part of innocent until proven guilty do you not understand?

Sorry pal; such a ruling as you want would backfire------badly. If us innocent Americans are lumped in together with the illegals, can someone say there would be all the incentive in the world to take up arms and rise against the Gov't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or