U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:06 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,059,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMadArthur View Post
Gimmee a break. You are bitter about a military action that took place over a hundred years ago. You should be proud of Sam for not stooping to that level.

I think this whole thread in general is a little mean spirited. Mexico has its problems. We have our problems including illegal immigrants... the topic of this forum. I don't see how making fun of the Mexican national anthem has anything to do with immigration.
mean spirited? Like burning our flag in our streets and countless other crimes against America and Americans?

Old 09-20-2007, 04:14 PM

520 posts, read 1,696,531 times
Sure burning the flag is mean spirited. Immigrants shouldn't come here illegally and expect us to accomdate them. Thats not what this thread is about though. This thread is about ridiculing the national anthem of our neighbor to the south. It has nothing to do with immigration, illegal or otherwise.

The comments about returning the favor and massacring the Mexicans back in 18-whatever are silly. Welcome to the 21st century.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:17 PM

9,070 posts, read 15,513,134 times
You can analyze history, you can pick apart the anthem, but the fact remains that the US is in 2 wars and as of 2005, the United States occupies over 700 military bases in over 36 countries worldwide.

Again, trying to make Mexicans out to be a violent country is pure IRONY.

No American, myself included, have the right to call any other country violent.

Get with the times please.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:36 PM

537 posts, read 314,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMadArthur View Post
Sure burning the flag is mean spirited. Immigrants shouldn't come here illegally and expect us to accomdate them. Thats not what this thread is about though. This thread is about ridiculing the national anthem of our neighbor to the south. It has nothing to do with immigration, illegal or otherwise.

The comments about returning the favor and massacring the Mexicans back in 18-whatever are silly. Welcome to the 21st century.
You mean like the illegals that ridiculed our National Anthem? Tit for tat and all of you need to get over it. It isn't even worth it to worry about the illegals and what they say about us or anything we stand for because it is good to know that they hate us and our country. That way all of you will know what they are all about, and it is not work.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:36 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,721,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You can analyze history, you can pick apart the anthem, but the fact remains that the US is in 2 wars and as of 2005, the United States occupies over 700 military bases in over 36 countries worldwide.

Again, trying to make Mexicans out to be a violent country is pure IRONY.

No American, myself included, have the right to call any other country violent.

Get with the times please.
Would you feel safer living in the US or living in Mexico?

Old 09-20-2007, 05:41 PM

9,070 posts, read 15,513,134 times
Let me guess, if I say Mexico you are going to say "then go live there" right?

I feel pretty safe in both actually, however, if I were traveling overseas like to France, Italy, Germany...I don't know as an American how safe I would be.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:45 PM

520 posts, read 1,696,531 times
Tit for tat? Grow up. I'm not worried about the illegals and what they say about us. The problem is that you aren't disparaging illegals you are disparaging all Mexicans. Mexico is a beautiful country with good people. Just because there are a few bad apples that come over here illegally and commit crimes doesn't mean the whole country is bad. The anti-immigration crowd is better served by well reasoned arguing than foaming at the mouth rants which is what these threads turn into.

Maybe you have a problem with the Mexican government for not doing more to stop people coming over illegally. Make that argument. Maybe you think that our government needs to do more. Make that argument. Hating all Mexicans because there are a few bad ones is childish.

I don't disagree that illegal immigration is a problem and something needs to be done. I don't think its right that our flag is burned and our national anthem is ridiculed. However, I fail to see what this thread contributes to the debate about immigration.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:49 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,722,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
Let me guess, if I say Mexico you are going to say "then go live there" right?

I feel pretty safe in both actually, however, if I were traveling overseas like to France, Italy, Germany...I don't know as an American how safe I would be.
Actually based on experience, you would be extremely safe in Germany and Italy. I think the French have issues.

Old 09-21-2007, 05:14 AM
Yac

5,881 posts, read 6,312,155 times
This thread is pointless.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or