U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Sorry pal, the legal and illegal mexicans are occuppying over 30% of our prison population. That's an exponentially higher ratio of crime. End of discussion.
Actually the statistic you refer to is 30% of prisons are comprised of illegals...not just mexicans.

Post your source that says these are all Mexicans...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 11:09 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
You'll have to forgive me as I am a 1 man team over here...lol. I don't have all the answers for you.

I will say this though about the current state in America:
For decades these illegal people have crossed the border, why when we are in 2 wars, a crashing house market, poorly elected officials, being attacked by terrorists and hated abroad...why now do we care so much about Mexicans crossing the border?

Doesn't that seem a little strange to you? A little scapegoat-ish?

Why all of the associations to 9/11 about mexicans? Mexicans had nothing to do with America being attacked, now I am hearing speculation about terrorists coming in thru mexico...what is this all about?

I think this is what happens when Patriotism goes overboard and we just start blaming people for our own mistakes.

No it doesnt. it has been building for years. Listening and believeing the lies of politians. just as the war in iraq, didnt anger us at first, as more and more of the truth comes out, the angrier we get. The housing, well that comes and goes, we are angry but people get to in debt and things happen, it will bounce back. Our borders are open. The mexicans had nothing to do with 9/11, but the terrorists may have been able to come over their border because it is too easy. If you ask me I dont think we have enough patriotism, otherwise it wouldnt have gone this far.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No it doesnt. it has been building for years. Listening and believeing the lies of politians. just as the war in iraq, didnt anger us at first, as more and more of the truth comes out, the angrier we get. The housing, well that comes and goes, we are angry but people get to in debt and things happen, it will bounce back. Our borders are open. The mexicans had nothing to do with 9/11, but the terrorists may have been able to come over their border because it is too easy. If you ask me I dont think we have enough patriotism, otherwise it wouldnt have gone this far.
What about the Canadian Border? Didn't 2 of the terrorists enter Maine from the Canada?

Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
What about the Canadian Border? Didn't 2 of the terrorists enter Maine from the Canada?
I dont know about that. We went into Canada once, took us two hours of searches and questioning to get through!! We were just on vacation!!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Sorry pal, the legal and illegal latinos are occupying over 30% of our prison population. That's an exponentially higher ratio of crime. End of discussion.
You changed your quote and yet you are still wrong. Show me your source for this statistic.

The one I read yesterday said (and I will paraphrase): "Lou Dobbs informed us that 33% of the current prisions are filled with illegals".

Nothing about mexicans or legal hispanics in that...

Old 09-21-2007, 11:19 AM

Quote:
I dont know about that. We went into Canada once, took us two hours of searches and questioning to get through!! We were just on vacation!!
Hrmm here you go :

"While the number of illegal immigrants trying to get through the northern border is much smaller than on the southern border, the job of securing the Canadian border is coming under increasing scrutiny with the recent arrest of 17 terror suspects in Toronto"

CNN.com - Anderson Cooper 360° Blog

Hrrm I don't see a lot about the northern border in the news...yet there are terrorist suspects in Canada.

Interesting comment from one of the readers too:

Quote:
When President Bush deployed about 6,000 National Guard troops to the Mexican border, did he forget about the Canadian border? It seems to me that he did. An equal amount of attention should be paid to both borders-especially with the recent terror arrests in Toronto

Old 09-21-2007, 11:26 AM

Hopefully now you can see why this whole illegal campaign could be deemed racist.

Canada has terrorists in it, yet the American government doesn't care about that border.
Mexico has impoverished workers and ghettos, let's secure that border.

Is it just a coincidence that Mexico has brown people in it and Canada is mostly white?
Could you see the logic of people thinking this is racist/ethnically biased?

Old 09-21-2007, 11:27 AM

273 posts, read 178,234 times
Quote:
You changed your quote and yet you are still wrong. Show me your source for this statistic.

The one I read yesterday said (and I will paraphrase): "Lou Dobbs informed us that 33% of the current prisions are filled with illegals".

I'll dig it up after I get back if you really want, but even with your own quote...it's an unflattering, disproportional statistic. The majority from mexico, but the report used the word "latino".

How is being opposed to a culture racist? Mexicans look a certain way, but they are a culture and a nationality, not a race. They certainly don't make up the majority of hispanics either. If I were prejudice against hispanics, then I would be a hypocrytical racist...as I am hispanic.

Last edited by pablo-me; 09-21-2007 at 11:37 AM..

Old 09-21-2007, 11:29 AM

Oh absolutely!! We need to secure all borders. Yes the problem is more at the southern border. Getting in here is way to easy. Coming back from said Canaidan vacation, we drove up, they asked us if we lived in the states, and away we went. The US just has an issue securing borders.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Oh absolutely!! We need to secure all borders. Yes the problem is more at the southern border. Getting in here is way to easy. Coming back from said Canaidan vacation, we drove up, they asked us if we lived in the states, and away we went. The US just has an issue securing borders.
How is the problem greater on the Southern border if Terrorists which we are supposivly at war with are in Canada and not Mexico?
If Terrorists are coming in from the north, shouldn't more time be spent securing that border?

Could you see the logic of people thinking this is racist/ethnically biased?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or