Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 11:30 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,423,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Do you think America should adopt and enforce the same immigration laws as Mexico?

That question will never be answered because they would have to acknowledge just how hypocritical they are.
I answered this; we are heading there and if it were up to me NO.
I don't like the wall being built either. It is uncivil and headed in the wrong direction.

You do realize that Mexico is trying to reform those old immigration laws right? So actually they are headed in the right direction....humanity.

I do think Mexico needs to take some of the people patrolling the Southern Border and Patrol the North for their own national security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 11:37 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,016,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
From the article I posted in this thread:
No not from your article.
When a suv with 6 Guatemaleans tryed to push my 70000 lb. vehicle off the road, and flipped in the middle of the highway, I stopped to help. They all crawled out and it took the officer 30 minutes for one of them to say he was driving. None of them had a license (What a surpise).
I have family living in Monterrey, Mexico and I go there often. So I can look at a person and usually tell if they are Mexican or Guatemalean.
Plus when the officer said "one of the Guatemalean express isn't going home tonight" that just confirmed what I thought a Guatemalean looked like.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:43 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,618,452 times
Quote:
I don't like the wall being built either. It is uncivil and headed in the wrong direction.

You do realize that Mexico is trying to reform those old immigration laws right? So actually they are headed in the right direction....humanity.

I do think Mexico needs to take some of the people patrolling the Southern Border and Patrol the North for their own national security.

Civil we tried that, doesnt work. We are beyond being civil. We are not just going to stand there and let people walk across our borders and take advantage of us anymore. If it was up to me, the wall would be 14 foot tall cinder block with a moat and alligators in it. Thats how you keep things Civil.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:45 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,457,816 times
Quote:

You would think that Mexico would focus their "humanity" on making life decent for their own citizens so they would not risk death to get the h*ll out of that cesspool of drug cartels and corruption.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:46 AM

273 posts, read 247,466 times
Quote:

Against what? Americans are not breaking Mexicos' immigration laws, flooding their cities and draining their economy. It's too bad Mexico couldn't develope itself into a prosperous country. As I fly over it, I always think of the abundance of natural resources below and how they could have done so much more with it. Instead, I look down on final approach over Leon and see miles of slums.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
No not from your article.
When a suv with 6 Guatemaleans tryed to push my 70000 lb. vehicle off the road, and flipped in the middle of the highway, I stopped to help. They all crawled out and it took the officer 30 minutes for one of them to say he was driving. None of them had a license (What a surpise).
I have family living in Monterrey, Mexico and I go there often. So I can look at a person and usually tell if they are Mexican or Guatemalean.
Plus when the officer said "one of the Guatemalean express isn't going home tonight" that just confirmed what I thought a Guatemalean looked like.
Yes it does happen, my brother was hit by an uninsured Guatemalean in Florida, does that mean I think all people south of the border are horrible? No.

There are definitely bad illegals, guess what? There are bad legals too. The same story is probably in the paper not involving illegals at all, but you choose to disregard that.

The focus placed on "Mexicans" and the Myths surrounding these people are fabricated to generate hate and bias, thus creating a scapegoat, spoon-feeding our society to cover up the real problems like wars, subprime loans, bad schools...etc.

But hey keep blaming the Mexicans.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
Against what? Americans are not breaking Mexicos' immigration laws, flooding their cities and draining their economy. It's too bad Mexico couldn't develope itself into a prosperous country. As I fly over it, I always think of the abundance of natural resources below and how they could have done so much more with it. Instead, I look down on final approach over Leon and see miles of slums.
American doesn't mind importing that natural resource called Oil from Mexico huh? I think Mexico is #4 on the import list.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,618,452 times
Quote:
American doesn't mind importing that natural resource called Oil from Mexico huh? I think Mexico is #4 on the import list.
So if they are profitting off of us, why dont they reinvest into their own country and people. Make their lives better and why dont the people fightfor it, why just run here. Easy way out I guess. The rich dont want them there, they dont want the poor there to succeed, why, just shove them to America, let us and our economy be drained.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So if they are profitting off of us, why dont they reinvest into their own country and people. Make their lives better and why dont the people fightfor it, why just run here. Easy way out I guess. The rich dont want them there, they dont want the poor there to succeed, why, just shove them to America, let us and our economy be drained.
You'll have to forgive me as I am a 1 man team over here...lol. I don't have all the answers for you.

I will say this though about the current state in America:
For decades these illegal people have crossed the border, why when we are in 2 wars, a crashing house market, poorly elected officials, being attacked by terrorists and hated abroad...why now do we care so much about Mexicans crossing the border?

Doesn't that seem a little strange to you? A little scapegoat-ish?

Why all of the associations to 9/11 about mexicans? Mexicans had nothing to do with America being attacked, now I am hearing speculation about terrorists coming in thru mexico...what is this all about? Didn't they actually come in thru Canada?

I think this is what happens when Patriotism goes overboard and we just start blaming people for our own mistakes.

Last edited by Mach50; 09-21-2007 at 12:11 PM..

Old 09-21-2007, 12:04 PM

273 posts, read 247,466 times
Quote:
There are definitely bad illegals, guess what? There are bad legals too. But hey keep blaming the Mexicans.

Sorry pal, the legal and illegal latinos are occupying over 30% of our prison population. That's an exponentially higher ratio of crime. End of discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration